• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Well these folks need JESUS too. Ask them about their relationship with CHRIST.

They will claim to have faith in Jesus, but they have a counterfeit Christ (2 Cor. 11:4) and a false gospel (Gal. 1:6-10) that is worthless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

I have some friends who are Witnesses. These are old friends of mine long before they ever became witnesses, so, while I don't allow their testimonies to influence me, neither do I become confrontational. I've had Witnesses who were strangers come to my door. Again, I don't allow them to influence me, but I am kind to them. HowEVER, I have this very rich athiest friend who works for Daimler-Chrysler. He told me some Witnesses came to his door. He said he told them, "You guys get out of here or I'll come back with a gun!". Well, they then departed without much delay. True story.

Guest Biblicist

Jehovah's Witnesses used to come to my door, when we lived in the "city" and I would always talk to them. They don't come now, we live in a much more rural area. I miss talking to them.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I am related to a JW. My mother in law is one. I truly love her.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Personally...I can't turn away a Mormon. I love to talk with them. It helps that I know their beliefs very well. What always interests me about the mormons is how they slowly change over time. Mormons that come to my house today are vastly different than ones who did 20 yrs ago. I would say that a person who isn't very grounded in Christianity probably should tread carefully because on the surface Mormons and Christians are very similar...and the hook comes quick.

I have shared some very memorable times of bible study and prayer with various Mormon missionaries, from literally around the world. While I believe that their religion is wrong in many facets...I also find find it to be a beautiful religion with a GREAT moral base. I have NEVER had a rude encounter with Mormons and would never request a copy of their bible or other books unless I sincerely meant to read them (and I have.)

JW's are less enjoyable. Their bible is just a perverted re-write of the KJV. I generally tell them I would be willing to talk if we can use MY BIBLE instead of theirs. That usually stalls the convo irreparably. If they don't use their translation then they cannot justify half of what they believe.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

They do not come to my door anymore. The last that came, I ruined his witness before his students. He left my home yellin, cursing and flailing his arms around while walking backwards down my driveway all the while me smileing and waving with a loud Jesus loves you!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I haven't had too many come to my door. I have, however, studied the basics of their beliefs and keep updated information about them just in case. In order to witness to them correctly, and not get swayed by their near truths, you do have to be grounded solid in your walk with the Lord. You should never attempt to discuss anything with them when you are still taking in the milk of the word. If you are not mature enough to fit into the Whole Armor of God, you have no business in the battle. Unless you are clad with this armor, you will be wounded.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

OneLight

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I look through the peep-hole and if they are either Mormon or LDS-I quickly run through the house turning off lights and all noise and then wait in the dark until I'm sure they are gone!!!!

:D

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

... dont even tell them bye. Just close the door.

Exactly how do you witness to anyone at all with that attitude?

Everyone who is not a born again christian obviously does not have that doctrine, so how exactly will they get it if you treat them like that?

you can give them the verses that have been listed above, to not accept them, nor bless them if they do not carry the Gospel of Christ......

and if they reject you,

make a motion with your feet, of stamping the dust from them if they reject the Gospel of Christ.... no need to be rude, just let them know that Christ is the center.....

I have had many conversations, with both, and one day, a pair of LDS came up while I was working on the mower in the front yard... both no older then 19, and both had an attitude they knew it all..... they were very well indoctrinated, brainwashed.....

by the time they left, one was questioning his own beliefs, and the other one was steaming..... one was touched, the other so cold hearted you could see the steam rising from his ears from the anger inside him.... I was kind, and even gentle, gave them the words (not verbatum or even book chapter verse) of the Word..... and that anyone that was trying to undermine the works of Christ was not of Christ..... Christ even said it......... IT IS FINISHED........... no one else can pick up where he left off.....

the JW beliefs have changed over the years.....

it use to be that only 144,000 of them would be saved.......

now, it is only 144,000 will live in the New Jerusalem, and the rest of the JW will live in the subburbs....... no kidding......

mike

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

well dont have alot to add to what has been said already... just that if you do go head to head with them on scriptures u had best be prayed up and know ur Word... cause they start at a young age and they so know the scriptures as to what they want to use... but i am polite and will point out what i know to be true and back it up with scripture and as mike said some walk away wondering ... so a seed was planted... others are upset... but they are very faithful in there work and if we could be so strong and faithful to spread the gospel of Jesus.... dont mean to get anyone riled up over that statement .. i know there are many that spead the good news .. but i know more christians that have never shared the gospel after being saved.. just comfortable to sit and call it a day... we need to be about the fathers business big time... for time is running out... God bless sister vicki

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/05/1962

A knock comes at the door and someone with materials from a local Hall or Temple representing a local gathering of Witnesses or LDS, do you engage them in conversation or dismiss them quickly with "I'm not interested thank you."

It is a wonderful opportunity to witness to them!

You don't even have to beat the hedges. They're coming right to you.

~Neeva