• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Hello everyone and God Bless you all.

There seems to be some great misunderstandings about what a time, times and half of time means. I hope this will help you.

It is actually a prophetic term that the Bible itself explains. In Revelation 12:14, we read these words concerning the same time period, “And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.” Now read verse six, which describes the same event. Instead of saying, “a time, times, and half a time,” it says, “a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” Thus we see that the two periods of time are exactly the same. By comparing these Scriptures, we understand that a time is a year in Bible prophecy, times is two years, and half a time is half a year. This gives us a total of 3 1/2 times, or 3 1/2 years, because 3 1/2 years is exactly equal to 1,260 days. We are using, of course, the Bible year of 360 days.

Hi Tom,

I agree with you above. Time, times and half a time is referring to 1260 literal days. Further proof of this is found in Rev. 13, where the beast is permitted to rule for 42 months.

Revelation 13:5

"The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months."

We are now ready to apply another great principle in the interpretation of prophecy. Please notice that always in measuring prophetic time, God uses a day to represent a year. In Ezekiel 4:6 we read the actual rule, “I have appointed thee each day for a year.” Further support of this is found in Numbers 14:34. This method of reckoning time must always be applied in the study of Bible prophecy. This means, then, that the little horn power would rule for 1,260 years, instead of merely 1,260 days.

However, I must disagree here. A day does not always mean a year in all prophecies. Sometimes a day represents a thousand years, as in 2 Peter 3:8 and Psalm 90:4.

2 Peter 3:8

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

Psalm 90:4

"A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night."

We can see these in the creation model, 6 days then rest on the 7th. This shows 6000 years of worldly government (by man) on the earth, followed by Christ' millennial (1000 yr.) reign that will begin with the second coming.

Then another example is the prophecy of Hosea:

Hosea 6:2

"After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence."

When God scattered the Jews in 70 AD, they were not restored in two literal days or two years, but it would be after 2000 years of 360 days each. The third day here, is referring to the millennial kingdom.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings to all,

This is my first post here. I also studied and researched about this topic and wrote an article about it even though I

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Interesting that time speeds up in the absence of gravity. Einstein said it would, and the US GPS satellite constellation actually proves that time is faster in space. (they have to readjust the satellite times to earth time on a continual basis, otherwise our GPS's would be out by a factor of 100's miles every day).

So without getting into the time debate in scriptural terms, I guess time is relative to where you are in the universe.

It certainly does not apply to God, only to us. We need something we can understand. A beginning and an end, not being able to fully understand the concept of eternity, in which there is no past, present or future.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Greetings to all,

This is my first post here. I also studied and researched about this topic and wrote an article about it even though I

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Greetings to all,

Greetings to all,

Greetings to all,

This is my first post here. I also studied and researched about this topic and wrote an article about it even though I’m not good in English. Here’s the link: TIME, TIMES AND A HALF (3 ½ or 2 ½ Times?)

May our God give us understanding to this question.

Mr. Bebe

Looking at my Interlinear Bible, I find in Daniel 12:7

time = 1.0

times = 2.0

half time = .5

TOTAL = 3.5

The Hebrew text I use tells us for-appointed-time (l•muod) appointed-times (muodim) and half (u•chtzi). Is this what you also have?

When I look at Daniel 7:25, I do not fine the word time, but season (-odn; u•odnin; -odn) , yet still the same amount of days. I do believe that it is 3 1/2 years, not 2 1/2 years.

Good Day OneLight,

I think you are using the Interlinear Scripture Analyzer (ISA). That Bible Program is also installed on my PC but most of the time I use the E-sword Bible Program which is also free. Here it is: http://www.e-sword.net/

Everybody has the right to choose what he/she wants to believe. What is important now I think is to continue our study and to look on other perspectives to know if we are deceived. Thanks

Mr. Bebe

Edited by Mr. Bebe

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Greetings to all,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

hey guys,

I believe that I have a pretty good grasp on the prophesy, however...by looking back at Dan 12:7 as OneLight referenced, and using E-Swords free bible software with strongs concordance, I notice the the referenced concordance numbers for "a time" and "times" are both the same numbers. This makes me wonder how they were translated differently, one right after the other. Anybody have the answer?

Tom