jackie d

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

The Scripture you quoted all deal with love inside the community of faith. Meaning there exist a relationship among those the command is given.

Shalom David,

Check this out:

Luke 6

32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

The Scripture you quoted all deal with love inside the community of faith. Meaning there exist a relationship among those the command is given.

Shalom David,

Check this out:

Luke 6

32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Then love is a response you have with those you are in a relationship with...good, bad, or indifferent...Love is a response. To say we love everyone, we don't have a relationship with everyone but we are prepared to have a response of love regardless of their response to us. Agreed?

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

recently on another board a woman made a statement that she loves everybody.

I made a statement that I cannot make such a claim and that she must be a better woman than I because of it.

My question is: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

Deuteronomy 13:3

thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is proving you to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. :24:

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

recently on another board a woman made a statement that she loves everybody.

I made a statement that I cannot make such a claim and that she must be a better woman than I because of it.

My question is: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

Deuteronomy 13:3

thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is proving you to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. :24:

:whistling:

Then love is a response you have with those you are in a relationship with...good, bad, or indifferent...Love is a response. To say we love everyone, we don't have a relationship with everyone but we are prepared to have a response of love regardless of their response to us. Agreed?

Shalom David,

No, not at all.

I believe love is a gift from G-d that He gives His children and we are to give it to others, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. I don't believe it is a response, and I do NOT believe it is limited to those I have a relationship with. I am commanded to love people because G-d loved me, I love (in His love) ALL people, whether I know them or not and not as a response.

Guest Biblicist

Shalom David,

No, not at all.

I believe love is a gift from G-d that He gives His children and we are to give it to others, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. I don't believe it is a response, and I do NOT believe it is limited to those I have a relationship with. I am commanded to love people because G-d loved me, I love (in His love) ALL people, whether I know them or not and not as a response.

:th_praying: Proper appreciation for the love God has for us [i.e. realizing we are sinners, not worthy of salvation or love. Saved by the awesome Grace of a perfect God] helps us to feel love for other's. When our relationship to Christ is working, we are able to love other's, no matter who they are or what they do. Because Christ's love works through us.

Proper perspective is very important in evangelism.

Shalom David,

No, not at all.

:thumbsup: Proper appreciation for the love God has for us [i.e. realizing we are sinners, not worthy of salvation or love. Saved by the awesome Grace of a perfect God] helps us to feel love for other's. When our relationship to Christ is working, we are able to love other's, no matter who they are or what they do. Because Christ's love works through us.

Proper perspective is very important in evangelism.

Shalom Bib,

True, very true.

I also want to add that we may not FEEL the love, but walk in it because it is G-d's command. Feelings are emotions. Obedience is a choice. I don't have warm fuzzies for everyone and I may not like everyone, but I LOVE them as G-d loves me, with a purely spiritual love from Him. Big difference.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I also want to add that we may not FEEL the love, but walk in it because it is G-d's command. Feelings are emotions. Obedience is a choice. I don't have warm fuzzies for everyone and I may not like everyone, but I LOVE them as G-d loves me, with a purely spiritual love from Him. Big difference.

true, but let's not forget to be human beings who have feelings and know that others do as well......I keep hearing not about feeling, not about feeling...I heard that for a long time from someone who was very close to me.....needless to say that person has not felt himself right out of every single relationship he ever had save his daughter....this includes his own parents.

again folks, is the love lost? Personally since this is a thread that I started and see that people in other threads can state how they'd like to see it go....I saying I want to hear feelings and emotions not robotic statements that are as dry as a sawdust cake.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

well I for one would like to hear a real life and honest answer to my first questions (not disregarding anyone's posts thus far)....again the questions are: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

jackie - I think you "love" more than you realize. For instance, if you ran across a total stranger that needed assistance, and needed it fast, would you help him? Feed him? Clothe him? I think you would. The compassion inside you would rise up and reach out to that person. Then, after the ambulance took him away would he then be totally out of your mind - or would you wonder about him and worry about whether or not he recovered? Would you pray for his recovery or salvation or comfort? Isn't that love?

Remember - the Holy Spirit within us will guide and lead us. He will quicken us to action. Isn't that love?

true, but let's not forget to be human beings who have feelings and know that others do as well......I keep hearing not about feeling, not about feeling...I heard that for a long time from someone who was very close to me.....needless to say that person has not felt himself right out of every single relationship he ever had save his daughter....this includes his own parents.

again folks, is the love lost? Personally since this is a thread that I started and see that people in other threads can state how they'd like to see it go....I saying I want to hear feelings and emotions not robotic statements that are as dry as a sawdust cake.

Shalom Jackie,

I already answered you, but it's obvious you don't like my answers :thumbsup: Because they are G-d's Word and not all "feely."

Explain "is the love lost"? What are you talking about? Real love, G-d's love is never lost.

Feelings are NEVER to rule us. Whether we like it or not, that is G-d's Word. HIS WORD takes precedence over our feelings. Too many people put "feelings" on the throne when G-d belongs there, not feelings.

G-d's Word is never dry, but it takes some real desire to open ourselves up to it and real heart willingness to obey it. If all you want is people's "feelings" that has nothing to do with G-d. And you might want to rethink always attacking the messenger just because you don't like the message. G-d's Word is life and it is truth, whether one FEELS it or not.