• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Shalom Jackie,

Right.

I know exactly why you don't like my answers. Because I'm not pulling any punches, I'm not coddling you, I am giving you G-d's WORD, which is truth. I'm not sugar-coating G-d's Word and making excuses for your "feelings." We are to obey G-d, no matter HOW we feel. That is hard to hear sometimes, but that is TRUE love, giving someone the truth and not "tickling their ears."

Dear sister, If I was looking to be coddled or have my ears tickled I'd run to my mommy......... :)

Shalom Jackie,

Right! :cool::24: :24: :24: :24:

But that's what you ask for in EVERY thread. It has to line up with what you "feel" or you attack the messenger.

The truth is, G-d's Word is not easy to hear sometimes, but it is life and it is truth. That's what I give you. His truth. Not tickling your ears.

ah never mind Vickilynn....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist

What we are doing when we assign human emotions and attributes to God is called Anthropomorphism. There is one very important problem that we have that God does not have to overcome and that is.....SIN

Yes, God gave us emotions, that is true, yes, we are made in the image of God, that also is true. But everything we do, emotional and physical is twisted and warped by sin.

Nothing God does is touched by sin. He is not only perfect, he is the definition of perfection! If you look in the dictionary for a defination of perfection, there is a picture of God! :) Therefore everything he does, judge, hate, love, forgive, are all perfect, and all in line with his perfect holy will.

The only reason we can love, as God loved, is through Him. We are not capable of doing anything righteous without God, and Jesus Christ in us, working through us. Therefore we can love, everyone. Because, love is of God. Not man.

When Jesus Christ told us to "love our enemies". I don't think it was a suggestion, nor did it come with stipulations. "love your enemies, unless..." The secret is he KNEW that we would have trouble doing that. But he also KNEW that if we let HIM love our enemies through us, we will be able to follow that commandment.

The temptation to hate our enemies comes from Satan, but God commanded us to do the opposite of what we are prone to do. Yet he gives us a way out. He always does.

1 Corinthians 10:13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow you the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so you can endure. </FONT>

A prayer we could pray..."Lord, you know I am but a sinful human, but I know you wish for me to love _______. Please love them through me, so that I may show them who you are, and be their Light to shine the way to You."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

So much discussion! It seems to me that love needs to be shown a little more in your debating. Perhaps it is just my perception, but some of you don't seem to be trying to understand each other's statements. Yes, love is an action. Yes, we won't always feel. Yes, alot of the time feelings will follow our actions. The point is that we show our love in deed and in truth, and not just in word and in tongue. I understand both sides. Feelings cannot rule what we do. If they did, wow, almost nothing would ever be done. I can't tell you how many times a day I don't feel like doing what I ought to do. That's why, through God's grace, we do whatever it is we need to do, and let the feelings come when God chooses to give them to us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

So much discussion! It seems to me that love needs to be shown a little more in your debating. Perhaps it is just my perception, but some of you don't seem to be trying to understand each other's statements. Yes, love is an action. Yes, we won't always feel. Yes, alot of the time feelings will follow our actions. The point is that we show our love in deed and in truth, and not just in word and in tongue. I understand both sides. Feelings cannot rule what we do. If they did, wow, almost nothing would ever be done. I can't tell you how many times a day I don't feel like doing what I ought to do. That's why, through God's grace, we do whatever it is we need to do, and let the feelings come when God chooses to give them to us.

Shalom,

Exactly. Feelings come second to choosing to walk in obedience to G-d's ways. It's very simple. :)

What we are doing when we assign human emotions and attributes to God is called Anthropomorphism. There is one very important problem that we have that God does not have to overcome and that is.....SIN

Yes, God gave us emotions, that is true, yes, we are made in the image of God, that also is true. But everything we do, emotional and physical is twisted and warped by sin.

Nothing God does is touched by sin. He is not only perfect, he is the definition of perfection! If you look in the dictionary for a defination of perfection, there is a picture of God! :cool: Therefore everything he does, judge, hate, love, forgive, are all perfect, and all in line with his perfect holy will.

The only reason we can love, as God loved, is through Him. We are not capable of doing anything righteous without God, and Jesus Christ in us, working through us. Therefore we can love, everyone. Because, love is of God. Not man.

When Jesus Christ told us to "love our enemies". I don't think it was a suggestion, nor did it come with stipulations. "love your enemies, unless..." The secret is he KNEW that we would have trouble doing that. But he also KNEW that if we let HIM love our enemies through us, we will be able to follow that commandment.

The temptation to hate our enemies comes from Satan, but God commanded us to do the opposite of what we are prone to do. Yet he gives us a way out. He always does.

1 Corinthians 10:13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow you the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so you can endure. </FONT>

A prayer we could pray..."Lord, you know I am but a sinful human, but I know you wish for me to love _______. Please love them through me, so that I may show them who you are, and be their Light to shine the way to You."

Shalom Bib,

Exactly what I've been saying but you say it much better. Maybe it will be heard better. :)

recently on another board a woman made a statement that she loves everybody.

I made a statement that I cannot make such a claim and that she must be a better woman than I because of it.

My question is: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

I believe that this is a request that God puts in every person's heart. And It is accomplishable! The closer you walk with God, the more you begin to understand how God expects us to come to love everyone! I may totally disagree with someone's way of life, or thought pattern in a matter, but it does not have to mean that I can't pray before God for understand on how the other person is trying to relate and humble myself.

Shalom Cajun,

Amen and amen!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

well I for one would like to hear a real life and honest answer to my first questions (not disregarding anyone's posts thus far)....again the questions are: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

jackie - I think you "love" more than you realize. For instance, if you ran across a total stranger that needed assistance, and needed it fast, would you help him? Feed him? Clothe him? I think you would. The compassion inside you would rise up and reach out to that person. Then, after the ambulance took him away would he then be totally out of your mind - or would you wonder about him and worry about whether or not he recovered? Would you pray for his recovery or salvation or comfort? Isn't that love?

Remember - the Holy Spirit within us will guide and lead us. He will quicken us to action. Isn't that love?

:) to traveller's post

In answer to your questions jackie d

1. How honest are we being when we say that we love everybody?

I think there are those who just go through the motions like they will smile not because they want to smile from their hearts but because it makes them look better in public light. Then there are those who smile from their hearts not because they want to look good but because they really meant to smile and it's a warm smile full of kindness and gentleness bearing the fruit of the Spirit with it.

Maybe you can't claim that love when you bump into strangers but I think it's like traveller said I think you love more than you realize you do. As far as one's honesty goes toward loving others goes like I said there are those who claim and don't have the goods to back up their words but their are those who are genuinely full of the love of God who holds no ill toward their fellow man.

2. Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

I don't think a person can lose Love per say either one bears the fruit of the spirit or they choose not to do it. Just because one don't think they should make such a broad statement toward loving everyone with the love of the Lord does not mean they have no love to give to others. To me it is being humble and not making boast as it has nothing to do with losing your love because you hold your tongue as holding your tongue is a good thing and there is no love lost because you do that.

:cool:

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

You would think the more someting is discuss the more clarity would rise to the surface. But, it seems the more things are discussed the more hazy they become. OP wanted to know if saying "we love everybody" is an accurate statement. I believe as Christians we are to be prepared to love people. In a general sense, you might say you love everybody, but in fact you are really communicating you are saying you want to love anybody you come in contact with on a daily basis. We don't want to be guilty of sappy cliches that don't carry any real meaning. Love is a decision to serve someone and even prefer someone else above yourself. It can only be defined by the test of experience. The feeling often coincides with that commitment. No wonder the Greek language has so many words to describe love. Because throwing this word around carelessly is what has this thread so hazy. If we are honest, we have to realize deep love carries the possibility of hate when the object of your love is offended or threatened.

Shalom David,

Nope. Not what the Word says. You don't see "feelings" as our motive to love. Loving someone as Messiah commands has nothing to do with feelings and nothing to do with relationships. It is a spiritual love, a choice, a decision and it comes from G-d by the power of His Holy Spirit and not by our own power. We cannot truly love any other way.

And I think it's very clear, we obey G-d, period. Whether we feel it or not. We ARE to love, not be prepared to love and again, that has nothing to do with "feelings."

If you had comprehended the post it said, feeling often accompany the commitment to love someone, meaning love is not the motivation. You are right is is a command. You would do well to read 1 Corinthian 13 to see and understand how it behaves.

In answer to your questions jackie d

1. How honest are we being when we say that we love everybody?

I think there are those who just go through the motions like they will smile not because they want to smile from their hearts but because it makes them look better in public light. Then there are those who smile from their hearts not because they want to look good but because they really meant to smile and it's a warm smile full of kindness and gentleness bearing the fruit of the Spirit with it.

Shalom OC,

I think you'd have a hard time trying to read someone's heart, as this is only G-d's job, not ours. You can only guess who is "smiling from their heart" or not. And saying someone is going through the motions? Sorry, but you or I are not equipped to read minds or hearts.

No one knows what someone else's heart holds when they say they love everybody. I think the woman who said should not have her honesty questioned, for that is wrong.

If you had comprehended the post it said, feeling often accompany the commitment to love someone, meaning love is not the motivation. You are right is is a command. You would do well to read 1 Corinthian 13 to see and understand how it behaves.

Shalom David,

:emot-hug::blink::taped:

And you would do well to do the same. Not everyone has to agree with you.