IGNORED

What is so unacceptable about Scientology?

Near

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I wish all Christians had the enthusiasm for the gospel of Jesus Christ that Tom Cruise has for Scientology.

I agree with your statement.

There are many people who are more committed to things other than Jesus Christ and the gospel. Even though Tom Cruise is dealing in Scientology, look at how much faith and belief he has in it. Why can't a lot of Christians have the same stead-fast hold in Christ and the gospel as someone in Scientology, etc?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

A lot of Christians do have that kind of faith. They die for thier beliefs. They're tortured and persecuted - they worship in spite of the fact that it can cost them everything they have. Christians all over the world are dying for believing in Jesus Christ. It's been that way since the beginning.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Ive heard many times that Hubbard invented the religion as a way to make money. Here is a link to a site that contains many quotes from him about it, from other science fiction writers (well known ones) who heard him say that. (Hubbard was also a science fiction writer.)

http://www.bible.ca/scientology-1million-s...-a-religion.htm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

A lot of Christians do have that kind of faith. They die for thier beliefs. They're tortured and persecuted - they worship in spite of the fact that it can cost them everything they have. Christians all over the world are dying for believing in Jesus Christ. It's been that way since the beginning.

But not in the US. The US may of started that way, but it has lost it's drive and lingers in immaturity. As a nation that vainly expects other nations to follow, we are one of the most lukewarm Body of Christians. I'm not using this as a blanket statement, because I know there are those who have faith like those who are being persecuted, but n general, this is a sad truth that we should be ashamed of.

Yes, I know there are ones like that. But also notice I didn't say "All" of the Christians in the world are not committed to Jesus. I was only speaking of the specific party of Christians who aren't, not those who are.

Considering the large amount of threads on Christian forums about Scientology, I've come to ask the question what is so unacceptable about Scientology.

I look at these threads and posts that talk about it being something considerably evil, etc, but there is really no explanation of what it is that is so...horrible. Unless I am not looking correctly, or people are just overreacting over nothing, I'm still going to become confused.

Thanks for any clarifications!

Hi, everyone.

I would appreciate if the topic would stay within the original question (above), and not go off track and into potential debates. :emot-hug:

I would just like to keep this on track and not go into a "he-said, she-said" thing so thanks for anymore information on the subject matter.