• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Evangelicals particularly speak of their ministry plan as a calling from God. How do you identify a call from God on your life? Have you identified a calling on your life? Please share with us here on the Worthy Boards your experiences.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I'd like to know what your calling is.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

No you first, I started the thread...

• Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

As a young Christian I used to tie myself up in knots over this question. Did I have a calling, what was it, was I a lesser Christian because there didn't seem to be some great "calling" on my life! Now, having survived various family problems which didn't leave me much time to agonise over any "calling" I have come to the conclusion that my calling is to bloom where I am planted and minister to my family as best I can! I don't know whether that means I am disillusioned and have missed something :laugh: but I have more peace!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Now, having survived various family problems which didn't leave me much time to agonise over any "calling" I have come to the conclusion that my calling is to bloom where I am planted and minister to my family as best I can! I

:laugh: I think that that is a wonderful calling. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I believe that God called me to be a teacher. He gave me the gifts to do this successfully and I made a positive impact on many children's lives as a result of these gifts. :laugh:

Due to ill health, I can no longer teach and I am wondering what my new calling will be. :thumbsup:

I believe that God calls each one of us for different ministries - some of these are in the church, but most are not. We are to be God's hands wherever He places us in the World.

Guest Biblicist
Evangelicals particularly speak of their ministry plan as a calling from God. How do you identify a call from God on your life? Have you identified a calling on your life? Please share with us here on the Worthy Boards your experiences.

We have caller ID. It works pretty well! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Oddly enough, this is something that I have been agonizing over for the last month.

I became a christian at 19. When I was younger, I couldn't read or write. Not because I couldn't but because I had been diagnosed with a heart condition when I was a child. I didn't care about education. It didn't seam important to someone whose future was in a box 6 feet under.

The Lord came into my life when I was about eight or nine. He was my companion and friend. I spent long hours in his company. I have to admit, it was the greatest time of my life.

When he healed me I was sold out to serving him. I wanted the world to know just how wonderful and awesome my God is. He gave me hope. He gave me back my life so that I could get married, have children, own a car and get a career.

I never became a great evangelist, healer or prophet. In fact I began to feel that I hadn't served the Lord in the mighty way that I felt he ought to be honoured.

Anyway, in this last month, I spent time seeking him and asking him a thousand questions about why I never had an amazing calling and I hadn't done wonders in his name. My memory went back to those times back then and I realised that all he had asked me to do was to pray all things and commit all things to him :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

:thumbsup: I think you can find your calling and purpose through your expences in life. For example; my mother had breast cancer and I was exposed to that kind of environment. So now I have a desire, a passion, a purpose to help cancer victims. I truly believe my calling is for them which is why I'm furthering my education at Jarvis. I want to network with the American Cancer Society because with God I believe I can do something better then just raising money for cancer patients. Actually I've thought of something more to do which is why I believe this is my true calling. Also I believe that I'm called to help others deal and cope with death. God has truly allowed me to go through this with my mother and my brother. They both passed away. He has showed me the stages of life after one loses there love ones. I also have experence with divorce. My mother had a divorce with my father when I was six. I had to cope with this for years, including dealiing with step parents whom I thought was pretty harsh. Anyway, I believe we find out our calling through experences and once we find that calling then God steps in to make it prosperous. :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

God gives us certain talents then plants desires on our heart and finally, when we're ready, He opens doors.

When a clear path is made and we have an overwhelming desire to serve in a specific capacity that uses our God-given talents...that's our calling in my opinion.

Many claim a calling but either forced their way into a position or don't really have the skill to perform well or may have gotten ahead of God's plan. It is usually evident in the lack of good fruit produced.

Regardless, we are ALL called to serve...to work in the Father's vineyard. The key is we need to keep our spiritual eyes open wide (through prayer and reading the Word) and obey the leading of the Spirit as He opens doors making our path straight.

Me? The Lord dragged me into jail ministry. Yup...I was dragged. I had no desire at first to serve but my personality is suited for it, He prepared me for it and then He planted a desire on my heart to follow through with it. Opportunities availed themselves and over a year or so, my service grew from ministering to inmates once a month to twice a month to what I do today, which is a weekly Bible class at the local jail for 60 or so inmates.

Good question brother. You seem to have a knack for asking the right questions. :laugh: