• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

I have had many pleasant dreams and few nightmares. I agree that the word is beneficial for our dream quality. It frees our creativity.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I understand that to dream about Jesus you need to be reading the Bible more, but how do you get sweet dreams about every day life? :( eg walking on the beach with the person that you love, or driving the car of your dreams down the open road or having a chocolate party ( :24: :24: :) :) :laugh: :laugh: )????

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

brrr! I'm sorry about that Joelle...is it real bad?

Yes Jackie d, pretty bad, melting snow all over the bedroom and living room floors!!!

Actually it really was snowing outside, the streets were so slippery we couldn't manage to church today. Never snows that much where I live, this year's winter is terrible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

I understand that to dream about Jesus you need to be reading the Bible more, but how do you get sweet dreams about every day life? :24: eg walking on the beach with the person that you love, or driving the car of your dreams down the open road or having a chocolate party ( :24: :24: :emot-hug::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )????
Unfortunitely it seems it isn't something you can will into happening. It's great to see the whole picture, the hopeful anticipation of being with the Lord forever, but sometimes it's nice to get just a little taste of what heaven will be like. If it isn't actually happening, yet, in our lives, it's at least encouraging to dream of something nice, especially if you kind of feel as tho you're in a rut of complacency and nothing has fired great enthusiasm for anything in quite a spell. That's how I feel. I worry about finding a job, about guarding myself against people who would victimize me, and just trying to meet the bills and turn away the wolf at the door. All I want to do is to be able to take care of my family: My Ma, who is disabled, and my brother, who is just recovering from a temporarily disablling sickness. I'm not asking to get rich or have a lot of expensive toys, or meet the girl of my dreams, (I thought I had done that with my now ex-wife). All I want is to be able to face each day with a reasonable amount of confidence, and I haven't been able to really do that for some time. It's great to be encouraged by reading scripture but I want to see some actual results. It's like I can't even rise halfway up, brushing off the dust from the last time I got knocked into the dirt before the next tulchuck knocks me back down. And I get really angry about that.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/21/1967

:grin: The soul is controlled by us or human agencies around us, while that of the spirit comes from God warning us or motivating us about something impending in our lives.

The questions are, Did you force a state of soul dimensional dreaming because you did something the day before that made it possible (watching bad films, eating late, talking evil things etc) or did the dream come out of the blue without you causing it to be?

Both dimensions are real but you know when you caused it, otherwise expect a bursting forth into your physical dimension if it is from God.

God's Will always comes to pass!!

Good advice is to read the New testament aloud prayerfully before sleep. This allows the Word of God to sink into your soul because the Word of God is the consummation of the Highest Spiritual Power.

The Bible declares, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"( 2Timothy 2:15). Worship is a LIFESTYLE of Surrender: With [in] and With [out] the body;

so let the Word of God rule and dominate all aspects of your life ---- finance, journey, marriage, health, education, business, etc. Let your spiritual life go according to the Word of God; Now, Here are the following valuable points to note:

Edited by Emanuel

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I think that this is such a beautiful thing to wish someone - sweet dreams - and yet does anyone ever actually have a sweet dream? :whistling: As far as I can remember, I have never had a sweet dream. :whistling: All my dreams that I can remember are what I call stress dreams where I wake up feeling stressed. They are however not a nightmare usually.

I would love to hear if anyone actually has had a sweet dream and if so, what it was about.

yep, i have had them.... usually when I have the Bible CD's playing while I sleep..... but then there were times that I was in combat in my dreams as well listening to them......

your mind will pick up the sounds from the CD's playing and your mind will or can switch what you are hearing into video to watch while you sleep....

some Bible readings are very pleasant, others are somewhat gorey, some can be even scarey if done in a dream, but it may be a good thing for a persons heart...

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I've had lots of sweet dreams, where in my dreams I'm worshipping and praising in the spirit, and I wake up to the Glory of God filling my bedroom. Other times I'll have prophetic dreams and wake up in spiritual warrioir mode. I don't have nightmares, irksome dreams, but not evil ones.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I understand that to dream about Jesus you need to be reading the Bible more, but how do you get sweet dreams about every day life? :huh: eg walking on the beach with the person that you love, or driving the car of your dreams down the open road or having a chocolate party ( :rolleyes::24:;):24:;) ;) )????

one way is to keep that person foremost in your thoughts.... don't let your eyes stray, think about your spouse and things you both enjoy doing together..... it might even be wonderful thoughts about you and your spouse praising the Lord together and worshipping together holding hands and singing to the Lord.... and spend time together.... and as one pastor challenged his congregation for those that were married, SPEND LOTS OF TIME TOGETHER, LIKE EVERY EVENING AND OR MORNING TOGETHER uninterupted.....

now.... here is a challenge that I would put forth to any and everyone here.....

if you have a TV in your room GET RID OF IT.....

second, the marriage bedroom is closed to those not in the marriage.... NO STRANGERS IN THE BED ROOM, including relatives, that room is set aside for Teresa and me, no one else..... ( exceptions might be allowed for small children or grandchildren when they are visiting.....)

something to get this started, you might think of something special to do for your spouse....TONIGHT..... then, the next night you have that there is no work the next day, have a DATE NIGHT.... the more pleasant time you spend with your loved one, you will find you will be thinking of them more and more... and you will start dreaming of them.....

mike

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I understand that to dream about Jesus you need to be reading the Bible more, but how do you get sweet dreams about every day life? :emot-questioned: eg walking on the beach with the person that you love, or driving the car of your dreams down the open road or having a chocolate party ( :rolleyes::laugh::blink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )????

I think lowering stress levels is a big one. I've always found that the more stressed I am, the worse my dreams are. Also, not getting enough sleep (that itself may be caused by stress, of course) can cause nightmares. If having nightmares seems to be a chronic problem for you, I would actually bring it up at your yearly physical with your doc. This article has some interesting information about medical causes of nightmares.

Anyway, I have had some pretty sweet dreams. Just last night I had one about bathing my son...we were both laughing and playing with the water, having a good time. Mostly my dreams have been pretty mundane lately, though. I even had one where all I did was change a diaper. :blink:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'm just bumping this because I feel like I killed the thread somehow. :emot-pray: