• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1981

Hi all, just curious as to what people's beliefs are about the so called Bible Code. For those of you who are unaware, it is supposedly a code hidden within the (Hebrew) bible found by skipping letters to look for hidden phrases and prophesies. Basically, they skip x amount of letters (it could be every 30 letters or every 3000 or any other number). They do this across certain books of the OT and see what comes up. Now they even claim that there are picture patterns in this. Do you believe it is spiritual and deliberate, or just a co-incidence? Personally, I am not convinced it is anything, but open to the possibility that it might be. This has not been able to be reproduced in any other books written by man, at least not to the extent that it is found in the bible. Google "bible code" for more info. Anyway, just wanted peoples thoughts.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Some people will believe anything (I don't mean you, Irenicus).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

I believe scripture is meant so that a 5 year old child can understand it. A bible code, and the "Da Vinci Code" is, I believe, meant to remove the focus from where it's meant to be, an effort to confound anything Godly and decent, or another money making scam, like "Promise Keepers", who wanted to charge about $80 per person to participate, when they were in Grand Rapids at the Van Swindle Arena, (actually it was the Van Andel Arena, but downtown G.R. is a moneysnarfing scam from end to end). Why does PK need $80 of my money?

Or anyone else's for that matter?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

I found the light introduction to the Bible Codes interesting.

I didn't feel overly compelled to go too deep into it but I have some software on it that I may look at again if I'm at all prompted.

My impressions at the time were of the mathematical involvement in the universal processes, possibly even biblical developments, and even developments in history are touched by certain coding (Don't ask me to prove it).

I personally believe its logic's way of honouring the Jesus 'to whom,through whom and for whom are all things' though we must be careful not to take our attention of the 'wisdom and revelation' factor of the Word and the 'enlightened understanding' factor which is how the Lord would prefer us learn of Him.

'Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God'.

Also we are not to be enticed by the 'bacic principles' or the 'rudiments' of the world (which some of these things are ie. mystic and natural wonders etc.) but after Christ rather (COL2:8).

Additionally we are to 'walk by faith and not by sight', it may not be expedient for a Christian to know too much of these things, unless led in a scholarly capacity. We are to be 'enjoying the liberty of God's grace' and leave the processings of things to the angels and His appointed ministers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

There is no code.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Hi all, just curious as to what people's beliefs are about the so called Bible Code.

Since you ask, my belief is that the so called Bible Code is nonsense, a red herring created by those who are not guided by the Holy Spirit and an attempt by such people to confuse some who are young in the faith.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I believe scripture is meant so that a 5 year old child can understand it.

I respectfully disagree. Scripture is such that it draws the believer to seek deeper meaning as the Lord reveals the fullness of His TRUTH as the believer grows spiritually. Jesus spoke in parables for much of the same reason...to not only give a "picture" that His followers could easily remember but also to draw them to a deeper study and thought on His WORD.

Regarding the Bible Code? Why not? Isn't God capable? My understanding is that those who have researched it and have come to their conclusions are no different than those who research fullfilled Bible prophecy and share what they believe. It is not the source of their FAITH but rather it strengthens their FAITH in a sovereign God. They share what they believe hoping that it will draw someone to pick up the Bible and seek TRUTH.

Personally, when I teach and preach, I stick to what I do know as found in Scripture and as the Lord reveals more and more each time I read and prepare a lesson or message. But that's my approach as the Lord leads me. Others may have a different leading.

God Bless,

wayne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

It is just another demand that the Bible prove itself with some sort of empirical evidence. Man does not like the fact that it must be revealed to man through faith.