IGNORED

which of these 2 thoughts bring you closer to God?

dgolvach

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I understand now that we were created for God's pleasure and our reason for being is to glorify and love him. So we should all desire this but what thought process will assist us the most and give us the power and strength to love him as he entended???

A. Focusing on our love for him.

B. Focusing on his love for us.

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

For me its the second one.. I often feel like a failure until I look to God and His love and mercies then it really encourages me and my love for Him grows.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

His love for us..it is unwavering and eternal..and will never fail me..

mine? well it fails me often...

Heb 12:1 Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2 looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God.

Heb 12:3 For consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds.

Heb 12:4 You have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/29/1981

Yep, got to go with option B. Our love pales in comparison to His. He has done more for us than we can ever do for Him, and if it wasn't for God's love for us we wouldn't love Him at all.

Edited by Irenicus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Good answers... :thumbsup: ...and wise.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I understand now that we were created for God's pleasure and our reason for being is to glorify and love him. So we should all desire this but what thought process will assist us the most and give us the power and strength to love him as he entended???

A. Focusing on our love for him.

B. Focusing on his love for us.

Dan

I don't believe this is a subjective question, I believe the only correct answer is to focus on His love for us. But I will add there are a lot of people who are consciously or subconscious following plan A, and the result is a self-centered religion (counterfeit)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I say both.

B. for the reasons given above.

A. because focusing on my love for Him draws me into worship of Him, and worship is a way of giving intimacy to God, which does bring me closer to Him, too.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

So far all good answers. This really occurs in my mind. I get so inpired when I understand how much he loves me I then so the natural responce is to love him back and I feel its appropiate to love him back but I think my steam comes from realizing that an all mighty rightous God would even be mindful of me. As I read the Bible I believe he loves us as a church but also as individuals. I believe Christ died for his church but also for little ol Dan here. Again I understand that we were made for his pleasure but what pleases a God who is love more than loving his children. Its his nature to love and I believe he made us to be objects of his warm tender love. He shows us a peek of how his love is by his gift of our children to us. I believe this part of nature mirrors his love for us. We get a choice to accept or reject his love. If we accept his love than its powerful and is the only thing that gives us power over sin. Lets put it this way. Say hmmmm....Lusting. What is lusting? Some would say that its just a mere biological itch that drives the flesh into wrong places but I am almost sure its much more than that. Its a deep desire for intimacy that God wired into us accept we try to satisfy it with sex thats sometime sexual sin. But if we have a deep sence of love intimate love from God, we are getting that need met even if we are celibate. No the physical part is not being fed but the emotional spiritual part is. So we dont need to feed on the world (sexual sin) any longer. By walking free of this sin we can have a closer relationship with God because the Idol is gone yes??? It could be other sin areas as well not just sex. I guess my point is that I find strength to overcome things by knowing his jealous desperate love for little ol me. It fills the gaps I had that caused me to walk away from him when I didn't get them filled by him. So I think the power comes from his love. Still, the natural responce is to love him back and I do. He seems to be all about having an intimate relation with us so he can lavish his love on us. When we understand and accept this everything else seems to fall in place. I'm not saying that I did anything to warrant such devotion but he offers it and I'm not a fool. I'll take it and be greatful and full of joy to have something so sweet. Anyways, I thought it was a reasonable question. Thanks for your answers.

God Bless

Dan

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

I would say both too.

A. To love Him is a deliberate choice I have to make every time I tend to focus too much on myself (which is practically all the time!)

B. His love for me cost Jesus' blood, which I also tend to forget too often.