dgolvach

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I know wolves can dress up in sheeps clothing but to even consider the possibility of this rattled me.

http://elvis.rowan.edu/~kilroy/CHRISTIA/li...y/whomdoes.html

I'm hoping someone will tell me this is a sick joke.

Dan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know wolves can dress up in sheeps clothing but to even consider the possibility of this rattled me.

Dan

I got maybe half way through it and got bored.

I wouldn't really worry about it if I were you.

The guys got way too much time on his hands.

John 3:16.......if He didn't mean it He wouldn't have said it.

Peace.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Dan

I got maybe half way through it and got bored.

I wouldn't really worry about it if I were you.

The guys got way too much time on his hands.

John 3:16.......if He didn't mean it He wouldn't have said it.

Peace.

The thing thats scary is that if I didn't know that the Bible teaches that God dosen't want anybody to parish and I was lost, this would keep me lost. I guess Gods love is what keeps me floating morer than I knew.

Dan

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 10:34

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

As with one person, so it is with all persons as far as God is concerned. He has never made anyone He did not love.

From the passage in 2 Peter we know that it is not the will of God that any one should perish, that is to die outside of Christ and be sent to hell, so every human being found in hell is there contrary to the will of God. The gospel of salvation is for every single person period.

The article is deception.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 10:34

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

As with one person, so it is with all persons as far as God is concerned. He has never made anyone He did not love.

From the passage in 2 Peter we know that it is not the will of God that any one should perish, that is to die outside of Christ and be sent to hell, so every human being found in hell is there contrary to the will of God. The gospel of salvation is for every single person period.

The article is deception.

i agree. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

This is a classic twisting of the scriptures to get what the person wants out of it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

Dan

Why does God's wrath scare you so? Are you not chosen by Him, thru Him, for Him. We should be so extremely thankful that we ARE chosen and that we won't have to experience God's wrath, for it will surely be a most terrifying place. All the more reason to rejoice in His purposes for us. Even if this author is correct in his interpretation, or some of his interpretation, what difference does it make because you have been called out for a purpose, a very special purpose. YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED FROM IT!! Hell was created for a reason, but not for us.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Dan

which part of it exactly is bothering you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

Dan

That is not a sick joke, but a cleverly devised trap of Satan to convince us that God does not really love us as the Bible clearly states. The tip-off was in the beginning of this article where we were instructed to check out all the verses in the Scriptures on love without any regard to the context of each verse. If you take Matthew 27:5, Luke 10:37, John 13:27 in order and completely out of context, you will see a Scriptural basis (so called) for committing suicide by hanging, with the added admonition to do it quickly. This is an example of just how ridiculous people can get when they string verses out of context together to prove a preconcieved point.

When Jesus, in John 3:16, stated that "God so loved the world", that pretty nmuch sounds like a universal statement to me. If "God so loved the world" is not a universal statement, then I do not know the meaning of a universal statement. God proved this statement on the Cross where He who knew no sin became sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21). The love of God is now forever out there for all to see and those who accept the sacrifice of Jesus in just payment of their sin will quickly see and feel the love of God. The bottom line is that we become the chosen of God when we accept Jesus as our Savior. When we choose to ignore the gift that God has extended to us, not only are we not the chosen of God, but we damn ourselves to an eternity in Hell. God has never sent anyone to Hell at any time, we willingly choose this eternal abode when we reject the free gift of salvation that God offers to all, regardless of wealth, position, or social stature, for God is no respector of persons. God displayed His love for all to see when He sent His only Son to die on that cross in our place. We display our desire for a relationship with God when we accept His free gift. Only within that relationship can we really experience God's true love for us, for only then will we be receptive to God's love within our lives. Without that relationship, we have no need to feel the love of God that He has placed in the world, for we do not care about the things of God. There is no "universal salvation" available to mankind apart from accepting Jesus as your Savior, another lie formed in the pits of Hell and loosed on mankind.

The one thing Satan cannot do is love anything. So, if he is able to convince others that A) God does not really love all, or B) God so loves everybody that He will not let anyone go to Hell, then he has stolen the one thing that totally separates him from God and that is Agape, unconditional, forever there love that only God has. Please don't be led into this satanic trap by the fanciful rationalizations of others. Remember, whenever you are required to string a series of verses together out of context, run, do not walk, to the nearest exit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

Dan

That is not a sick joke, but a cleverly devised trap of Satan to convince us that God does not really love us as the Bible clearly states. The tip-off was in the beginning of this article where we were instructed to check out all the verses in the Scriptures on love without any regard to the context of each verse. If you take Matthew 27:5, Luke 10:37, John 13:27 in order and completely out of context, you will see a Scriptural basis (so called) for committing suicide by hanging, with the added admonition to do it quickly. This is an example of just how ridiculous people can get when they string verses out of context together to prove a preconcieved point.

When Jesus, in John 3:16, stated that "God so loved the world", that pretty nmuch sounds like a universal statement to me. If "God so loved the world" is not a universal statement, then I do not know the meaning of a universal statement. God proved this statement on the Cross where He who knew no sin became sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21). The love of God is now forever out there for all to see and those who accept the sacrifice of Jesus in just payment of their sin will quickly see and feel the love of God. The bottom line is that we become the chosen of God when we accept Jesus as our Savior. When we choose to ignore the gift that God has extended to us, not only are we not the chosen of God, but we damn ourselves to an eternity in Hell. God has never sent anyone to Hell at any time, we willingly choose this eternal abode when we reject the free gift of salvation that God offers to all, regardless of wealth, position, or social stature, for God is no respector of persons. God displayed His love for all to see when He sent His only Son to die on that cross in our place. We display our desire for a relationship with God when we accept His free gift. Only within that relationship can we really experience God's true love for us, for only then will we be receptive to God's love within our lives. Without that relationship, we have no need to feel the love of God that He has placed in the world, for we do not care about the things of God. There is no "universal salvation" available to mankind apart from accepting Jesus as your Savior, another lie formed in the pits of Hell and loosed on mankind.

The one thing Satan cannot do is love anything. So, if he is able to convince others that A) God does not really love all, or B) God so loves everybody that He will not let anyone go to Hell, then he has stolen the one thing that totally separates him from God and that is Agape, unconditional, forever there love that only God has. Please don't be led into this satanic trap by the fanciful rationalizations of others. Remember, whenever you are required to string a series of verses together out of context, run, do not walk, to the nearest exit.

Wait a minute. You said above:

"There is no "universal salvation" available to mankind apart from accepting Jesus as your Savior, another lie formed in the pits of Hell and loosed on mankind"

I thought that was the only way to be saved? Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."

Anyone that confessed with their mouth the He is Lord and believes it in their hearts, right???

I'm confused...

The above sentence could also be stated as; the only way to have salvation is by accepting Jesus as your Savior, which rules out "universal salvation". I think the phrase "apart from accepting Jesus as your Savior" may have thrown you. When you remove accepting Jesus as your Savior (which is what the word "apart" is referring to) from the "universal salvation" formula, you have no salvation. That is what the above sentence is referring to. Sorry for the confusion, there is no salvation for mankind except the salvation Jesus offers us through the free gift of the payment of our sin debt that He tenders to us.