• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Some great men of God have struggled with depression. Charles Spurgeon admitted in some of his writings that a great spirit of despair would sometime overcome him. Some indication that Paul dealt with situational depression even to the point of preferring death to living, but both of these great men kept up the great fight. I myself have felt the weight of trials and tribulations that left me seemingly without the energy to fight the good fight. I have prayed this prayer often, "Lord help me to educate my mind and emotions to what my spirit knows to be true. I am a victor and more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus." I then begin to speak truth rather than negativity fueled by my unexplained emotions that often are set to deceive me.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Have you let go of your past yet?

I am working on it. Some events that happened this week made some of my choices easier yet at the same time increased my confusion. It seems when I took a stand, the confusion increased. Kind of backwards, huh?

Does that answer your question?

Yes, and you answered your own question, I think. Can you share what your stance was about? If not, than allow me to assume for a minute. If the stance you took was one for God, then Satan will cause you confusion. Satan is out to destroy every believer. I don't believe he will do anything to harm his own, only those who are against him, which are Christians. He does not want you to think clearly and will try his best to discourage you from turning all you are over to God.

Your Brother,

Alan

I really can't say what the stance was about or where I took it, but it was for what is right and Godly. I have a strong set of ethics that I have never crossed so I really had no choice but to speak out.

Then shortly thereafter, all hell broke loose and hasn't stopped. You wouldn't believe me if I told you what has been going on spiritually.

So, confusion gets worse???? argggggggggggggggg It's horrible. I am back to step one questions in some areas... :mgfrog: Makes me feel like a failure.

it only feels like you are back to step one, but you are not...

The enemy wants nothing more than to prevent you from the fullness of riches the Lord has for you and your life. And he is going to do anything he can to convince you of your unworthiness.....place your hands over your ears and sing lalalalalalaaaaaa....he can't have you but he sure will try to make you think he can.

Isa 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you;

Be not dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you,

Yes, I will help you,

I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

oh daughter of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords....you will NEVER be forsaken, for He loves you greater than life itself.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

This morning in the midst of my confusion, I had my appointment with the surgeon for my upcoming surgery. As I was sitting there, I thought, you know God, this is really no game. Anyway, I started to cry and told Jesus that I was so very sorry for hurting His heart through my path as a Wiccan. Then, I felt such a warmth in my heart that it made me cry even more.

Upon arriving at home, I deleted my Wiccan MySpace page for good. I just can't straddle the fence any longer. So, I guess I finally reached a point of really being sorry for my actions.

Now, the beliefs are still there; however, now I am resolute in my choice for Jesus.

The first thing I did was call the only christian friend I have and told her about it. Next, was worthy. Please, keep praying as I felt like the Lord told me that it could be a rough ride for a while as I come off the fence.

:th_praying::thumbsup::blink::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

This morning in the midst of my confusion, I had my appointment with the surgeon for my upcoming surgery. As I was sitting there, I thought, you know God, this is really no game. Anyway, I started to cry and told Jesus that I was so very sorry for hurting His heart through my path as a Wiccan. Then, I felt such a warmth in my heart that it made me cry even more.

Upon arriving at home, I deleted my Wiccan MySpace page for good. I just can't straddle the fence any longer. So, I guess I finally reached a point of really being sorry for my actions.

Now, the beliefs are still there; however, now I am resolute in my choice for Jesus.

The first thing I did was call the only christian friend I have and told her about it. Next, was worthy. Please, keep praying as I felt like the Lord told me that it could be a rough ride for a while as I come off the fence.

:emot-heartbeat::b::taped::emot-hug::emot-hug:

wow :emot-hug: Thank You Lord! :wub:

i have to agree with then posters on this thread as to the why and the advice you were giving about rebuking in the Name of the Lord out loud, reading scripture outloud, and praising outloud were right on tools from the Lord that will help for sure! :emot-pray: praying here!

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

:emot-pray::emot-heartbeat::b::taped::emot-hug:

Oh Sister, I worship Him with tears of joy for you! You are His!

In His Love,

Alan

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

Praying for you.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Oh, Angelique! I am so very, very happy. You have made such good choice. And that is what it is..... a choice. I am sure that you will odd for a while, but just hold on to Jesus. Yes, it may be rough, but you and Jesus will get through it (with a little help from Worthy!).

I am praying for you - always praying. :laugh:

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

:emot-highfive::emot-hug::wub:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Heavenly Father,

Please give Angelique strength and courage to follow You. Calm her fears, Lord. Let her know how much we here at Worth love her and support her. I know that You love her and only want the best things for her. Please give her peace.

In Christ's name I pray

Amen