IGNORED

Michelle Obama: Finally Proud of America (it only took 44 years)

Marnie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I too am failing to see how this response answers this (the original) question. :th_praying:

Because you can't answer a flawed and loaded question. No, I do not think that Obama's supporters worship him as a some kind of deity. Do you?

Very nearly. Especially among the younger voters, most of whom do not really 'have' a deity to speak of. Obama fulfills their (secularist) view of the "ultimate."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I too am failing to see how this response answers this (the original) question. :huh:

Because you can't answer a flawed and loaded question. No, I do not think that Obama's supporters worship him as a some kind of deity. Do you?

Very nearly. Especially among the younger voters, most of whom do not really 'have' a deity to speak of. Obama fulfills their (secularist) view of the "ultimate."

Exactly. :th_praying:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I too am failing to see how this response answers this (the original) question. :huh:

I Googled obama + "it was like a religiouis experience" (after I found that was the quote I believe Dave was referencing).

Here is the results

What is your take on this? :th_praying:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I Googled obama + "it was like a religiouis experience" (after I found that was the quote I believe Dave was referencing).

Here is the results

What is your take on this? :th_praying:

From the search results it looks like its all coming from a single quote:

"In New Hampshire, Kathy Price told The Associated Press: "It was like a religious experience. It was inspiring. I feel like now America could do anything."

So based on one individual, your saying that the Obama supporters see the movement as some kind of religion.

Does Obama inspire his supporters? Yes, of course. However, so did Reagan. So did FDR. So did Dr. King. Every leader of a political or ideological movement inspires their supporters. Its why people joke about Reagan being the "Republican Jesus". However, that does not mean that its a religion for them. Indeed, many of the people who support Obama are devout Christians. They just happen to have a world-view that differs from yours.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Forrest,

There's only one world view when it comes to Christianity. :th_praying:

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Its not unauthorized. Patrick told him to use the same argument. Politicians use the same arguments their peers use all the time.

Yep; Governor Patrick gave Obama the right to use parts of his speech. Not plagarism. :th_praying:

Michelle Obama made a major gaffe with that remark and, if she means it, it raises questions in my mind as to whether Obama (and, by association, his wife) can be a leader of all of the people or just black people. She really should ask herself if there is any other western country, that is majority white, that has a black candidate running for office. One who could very well be elected. I guess she spent the first 44 years of her life in a cocoon somewhere. Too bad; I kind of like Mrs. Obama; she's like someone you know down the block or at work. I'm not happy with this comment though. :th_praying:

Indeed, many of the people who support Obama are devout Christians. They just happen to have a world-view that differs from yours.

NO devout Christian could support partial birth abortion, a procedure that Obama supports, without being a total phoney.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I too am failing to see how this response answers this (the original) question. :emot-hug:

Hahahaha. :wub:

I think I'm noticing a pattern here. Anything that disagrees with fundamentalists becomes a religion.

Evolution?

Religion.

Global warming?

Religion.

(Yep, that's been claimed here. "Green Gospel" LOL)

Barack Obama?

Religion.

Wow. I suppose Forrest and I will be declared a religion here pretty soon! My only hope is that we get tax exempt status. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

Actually Forrest, folks like you scare me to death. :blink:

Let me ask you a question.

Would you agree with the statement," that for some Obama is like a Religious experience?"

Peace,

Dave

Well I think he moves people. Reagan obviously some moved people. So did FDR, JFK, and Dr. King. Why is that a liability? It seems to me that since the Republicans have a man in the Whitehouse that can hardly string a coherent sentence together unscripted and their candidate this year is a poor public speaker, that they are trying to convince themselves that being a good public speaker and being articulate is somehow a bad thing. The fact is the Republicans would love to have a candidate this year that was as good of a speaker, as articulate, personable, and intelligent as Obama is. Its not the Democrats fault they don't though.

I'll tell you what. Go to Obama's website and look at his positions. You are not going to agree with them, but just look at his plans and positions and the level of detail in them. Then, go to Romney's old website, Huckabee's or McCains. Compare their positions. Where Obama has a book to say about any major issue, at most with the Republican candidates this year you get a couple of paragraphs consisting of a some bumper sticker slogans, and a clip from their stump speech. Obama, agree with him or not, presents a mountain of substance compared to any of the Republicans this year.

This should scare conservatives and Republicans to death. This man does have a plan, but where will it take us? We need to do everything in our power to make sure that he doesn't win the Presidency.

By the way, Adolph Hitler wrote a book as well, "Mein Kampf" promising a new beginning for Germany. He was relatively unknown and could stir up a crowd.

:emot-highfive::emot-hug::wub::thumbsup: