• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.91
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

My daughter is engaged to a black man (from Kenya). I didn't like it at first, but I realize that it is not me and if it is what makes my daughter happy, than I am happy for her. This is an area that I had issues (I'm not a racist by the way, I just don't believe in the mixing of races) and the Lord put it in my face so that I had to deal with it. Obviously, God has no issues with interracial marriage and neither should I. I'm still a "work in progress." :blink:

I'm sorry parker but i have to ask. You dont believe (despite your disclaimer) that it is not racist to think that "mixing" of the races is wrong? If not racist, then what? Help me out.

Btw, I funny understand being a "work in progress". We all are. :noidea:

Racism is believing that one race is better than another, than one is inferior than the other. I do not think that way at all. We are all equal. I just believe that the races shouldn't intermarry. There is no racism to it. If he was Hispanic or Asian, I would feel the same way. Based on your prior post in reference to what I have said, you already think I am a racist. But you know what? I dont' care what you think about me. You don't know me and I don't know you. But, thanks for asking.

Actually, racism is not just believing that one race is better than the other. Racsim is also espoused if views like, not mixing races together. Yes that is racism, not matter how you slice it. I think nothing less of you brother, but it does cause me to ask the question. Which you still have failed to answer. Again, why don't you consider it racism? Also, what else would it be if not racism?

Stop making this thread about me. I have explained myself all I am going to. More than I need to, in fact.

Actually this thread is not about you, but about interacial marriage. You made the comment that you didn't believe in it, but didn't think that was racist. I think that it pertains to the topic at hand.

I'm not on trial here and I'm not going to answer any more than I already have. I said that the Lord was dealing with me about intermarriage and that I'm not racist. Think of me as you will.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Oh, South, marry me, marry me, I'm as old as dirt and just as ugly, with no prospects, but marry me! :laugh:

(and for those of you who don't know, South and I are friends!)

why do you sound hysterical? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

well, im young (compared to you that is) ;) , and cute as a bug (according to creed) ;) so maybe that will balance it out :24: ...

we have one thing in common...no prospects!!! :noidea:

yes, we are friends...that has to be said :blink:

be blessed...south :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Bless you for putting an old wreck like me down so gently :noidea:

True friend :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Hi everyone,

I am getting married. Date not set yet.

I am marrying someone who is a different race from me . He is a Christian. Has anyone got any advice about interracial marriages.

Natt

Go for it. The bible has nothing to say about it for this day and age. Besides there were interracial marriages in the bible and God never spoke them down.

Hi everyone,

I am getting married. Date not set yet.

I am marrying someone who is a different race from me . He is a Christian. Has anyone got any advice about interracial marriages.

Natt

Go for it. The bible has nothing to say about it for this day and age. Besides there were interracial marriages in the bible and God never spoke them down.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

To the OP. Would you be happy to be half race and half another? Your children will be and unless you can guarantee that they'll still be comfortable with their identity and treated as complete equals in whatever nation you settle in, you arn't treating them fairly.

The bible says to 'treat others the way we want them to treat us'. People can struggle enough being a foreigner in a strange country, let alone never being of one racial background. That can be very isolating. Not because people are liable to treat them as inferior, but simply because they don't fully fit in.

In some mixtures such as indian/caucasion, and anyone with copper toned skin, the children end up paler which means they'll probably fit in to an indian or samoan culture with no problems at all. (I think samoa was the one you mentioned.) However they won't be completly somoan or completly caucasian which can still cause identity problems.

Blending races doesn't erase racism any more then blending genders doesn't erase sexism. Our childrens emotional needs should be our first priority when facing this issue otherwise we're being selfish.

Sometimes it can work and the children can blend in without issues. But if you're wrong, remember that you're going to have to answer to God for whatever you do one day, as we all will - and the bible says that we reap what we sow.

At the risk of being attacked on here, I've often noticed inter-racial couples ending up more socially isolated then normal after marriage. More so then the foreign partner before they married. Not because people seem to view them any differently, but because they no longer fit one culture, (either culture) and it can make it harder for people of either culture to interact with them as a couple, because you're now trying to interact with two who have become 'one' but it's two cultures in one. It's kind of hard to explain but racism has nothing to do with it (although some people might try and point the finger at it to try to explain the dynamic.)

The only thing I can really think of as to why, is because God is fair, and it would make sense to me as another example of sowing and reaping. The parents basically end up experiencing exactly the sort of isolation that their kids are going to go through as being a racial blend. Liked for themselves as individual people, but not necessarily quite 'fitting in' properly. Because they arn't like everyone else around them. Close but not quite. Not because people are prejudiced, but racial differences are real and beautiful. God made them to create variety in the world. In some cultures (as I mentioned) it doesn't happen. But in others its unavoidable.

I'd really pray about it if I were you. God loves all his creation, but if you're going to risk your childrens emotional security and identity in any way then expect to have some consequences to deal with. God is fair (and loves your children as much as he loves you.) He only wants the best for everybody and like any christian marriage, you really need to make him Lord over this decision and follow his leading. (Which centers around everybody being equally blessed by the final decision.)

Hope that helps.

God bless

PS. Racism (one race being 'inferior' to the other) isn't the issue here. Emotional security is the issue. And trying to sweep that under the covering of 'racism' just isn't being honest or realistic. (And not saying you are, but you can see too much bandwagon jumping in this area, and people always suffer when reality is ignored, particularly the innocent.)

PPS. God viewed everybody as so precious that he sent his son to live a life filled with sorrows and die a horrible death for their salvation - if you can stand before his throne with your children and further generations by your side and explain your decision to both Him and them one day without any problems then you should be fine.

Guest HIS girl

'yesult'

To the OP. Would you be happy to be half race and half another? Your children will be and unless you can guarantee that they'll still be comfortable with their identity and treated as complete equals in whatever nation you settle in, you arn't treating them fairly.

Folks struggle with identity issues period, regardless of racial makeup.

Sorry but your comments are off centre.

No one can gaurantee how their child will turn out - a child raised in a Christian home doesn't gaurantee a good citizen the same as a full blooded African man having nil identity issues.

The bible says to 'treat others the way we want them to treat us'. People can struggle enough being a foreigner in a strange country, let alone never being of one racial background. That can be very isolating. Not because people are liable to treat them as inferior, but simply because they don't fully fit in.

In some mixtures such as indian/caucasion, and anyone with copper toned skin, the children end up paler which means they'll probably fit in to an indian or samoan culture with no problems at all. (I think samoa was the one you mentioned.) However they won't be completly somoan or completly caucasian which can still cause identity problems.

Blending races doesn't erase racism any more then blending genders doesn't erase sexism. Our childrens emotional needs should be our first priority when facing this issue otherwise we're being selfish.

Sometimes it can work and the children can blend in without issues. But if you're wrong, remember that you're going to have to answer to God for whatever you do one day, as we all will - and the bible says that we reap what we sow.

At the risk of being attacked on here, I've often noticed inter-racial couples ending up more socially isolated then normal after marriage. More so then the foreign partner before they married. Not because people seem to view them any differently, but because they no longer fit one culture, (either culture) and it can make it harder for people of either culture to interact with them as a couple, because you're now trying to interact with two who have become 'one' but it's two cultures in one. It's kind of hard to explain but racism has nothing to do with it (although some people might try and point the finger at it to try to explain the dynamic.)

The only thing I can really think of as to why, is because God is fair, and it would make sense to me as another example of sowing and reaping. The parents basically end up experiencing exactly the sort of isolation that their kids are going to go through as being a racial blend. Liked for themselves as individual people, but not necessarily quite 'fitting in' properly. Because they arn't like everyone else around them. Close but not quite. Not because people are prejudiced, but racial differences are real and beautiful. God made them to create variety in the world. In some cultures (as I mentioned) it doesn't happen. But in others its unavoidable.

I'd really pray about it if I were you. God loves all his creation, but if you're going to risk your childrens emotional security and identity in any way then expect to have some consequences to deal with. God is fair (and loves your children as much as he loves you.) He only wants the best for everybody and like any christian marriage, you really need to make him Lord over this decision and follow his leading. (Which centers around everybody being equally blessed by the final decision.)

Hope that helps.

God bless

PS. Racism (one race being 'inferior' to the other) isn't the issue here. Emotional security is the issue. And trying to sweep that under the covering of 'racism' just isn't being honest or realistic. (And not saying you are, but you can see too much bandwagon jumping in this area, and people always suffer when reality is ignored, particularly the innocent.)

PPS. God viewed everybody as so precious that he sent his son to live a life filled with sorrows and die a horrible death for their salvation - if you can stand before his throne with your children and further generations by your side and explain your decision to both Him and them one day without any problems then you should be fine.

So as I always say. What does the bible say about mixed marriages and half breed children? Nothing at all. Any person can over come any predidist or obstical with God.

In light of the fact that there is nothing in the bible about mixed marriages or mixed race children here is a question for you. What if it was God who put the two different races together to be married? And if it was God or wasn't God how would you know if it was God or not. What we consider to be realistic is not always what God considers to be realistic. Was ordering Ezekiel to cook his food using human dung realistic in our mind? Not at all but God had a reason for His orders.

Yesult you have no idea what so ever as to what is going to happen in the future to any mixed race child. Obama was a mixed race child and look at him now. He is still a mixed race person. We all know that God is in complete control here so apparently God wanted a mixed race person at the helm of our country. Right.

It is not right to plant seeds of fear in the mind of the OP because of racism, isolationism, dishonesty and physiological and identity problem of the children.

Maybe I am wrong here but that is what I see you doing in a very subtle way because it is not at all biblical or bible based advice.

'yesult'

Folks struggle with identity issues period, regardless of racial makeup.

Sorry but your comments are off centre.

No one can gaurantee how their child will turn out - a child raised in a Christian home doesn't gaurantee a good citizen the same as a full blooded African man having nil identity issues.

Hitler

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I don't think race should come into it at all. If it is a marriage based and lived on Christian principles, and the couple love each other, then there should be no problem. Some societies may frown on them, and there may be some racial problems caused, especially for children. But if it is a God sent marriage, God will deal with that as well, won't He?