IGNORED

Scripture

Guest man

in what way do you feel this has been ignored?

I know it has, to a point..... in what way do you feel it has????

i know that God directed an image to be created and placed upon a staff, and if a person was bitten by a serpent, they could look at it and they would be healed..... that is until the people started "worshiping" it at which time it was destroyed.

fill us in on how you feel it is being ignored, we might line up on this subject.

mike

Ok....let me say this first.....this is what I believe to be the truth.....if no one else believes it....I'm ok with that....this my walk and this is what I believe.

No one knows what Christ looks like....but I'd be willing to bet that many of you have a picture of His image somewhere in your home.

These are the Words of God...

Deut. 4

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Ok....let me say this first.....this is what I believe to be the truth.....if no one else believes it....I'm ok with that....this my walk and this is what I believe.

Shalom man,

Uh OK. Now I understand. Wonder why it took you so long to get to the ACTUAL question?? :laugh:

Anyway, I DON'T agree and I have several pictures of Jesus hanging up and they are wonderful witnessing tools.

And no, I'm not "ignoring" Scripture, I happen to interpret those verses differently than you and I don't believe that having an artist's picture of Messiah is corrupt.

But, if you ever came over to my home, I would take them down, so as not to offend you. :th_praying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Man.. are you talking about things like a eye for an eye verses turm the other cheek?

or the physical fact that we need not send a priest into the holy of holies with a long rope attached with bells in hopes he is not being struck dead verses Jesus being our great high priest and we have access into the holy of holies because of the Blood Jesus shed on the cross?

These should not be ignored because things are different. We should acknowledge them for what has beed done for us.

I also liken the physical priest going into the holy of holies as I mentioned above who fear and trembled to those who may not have their lives correct with God and can be struck down by anything without being ready.( like a truck, lightening, a stroke, etc)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Man.. are you talking about things like a eye for an eye verses turm the other cheek?

or the physical fact that we need not send a priest into the holy of holies with a long rope attached with bells in hopes he is not being struck dead verses Jesus being our great high priest and we have access into the holy of holies because of the Blood Jesus shed on the cross?

These should not be ignored because things are different. We should acknowledge them for what has beed done for us.

I also liken the physical priest going into the holy of holies as I mentioned above who fear and trembled to those who may not have their lives correct with God and can be struck down by anything without being ready.( like a truck, lightening, a stroke, etc)

The OT priests did not tremble for those who were in sins and their lives not being corrected would be struck down by anything. Your view of the priest is not correct. All the children of Israel was guilty of sin already as this was the yearly atonement which when the priests came out of the Holy of holies alive then the guilt of their sins was removed as the atonement sacrifice was accepted. This was the only time of year the children of Israel found release from their sins but yet righteousness was still not attained. That only came through our Great High Priest Jesus Christ as he sprinkled his own blood on the mercy seat once and for all.

The OT priests were responsible to go through all the cleansing processes according to the laws of God that had been given them and if they missed one part of those laws in cleansing themselves before entering in the Holy of holies then that is when the priest would end up dead in the Holy of holies. That is why the priests would tremble if they did because they were afraid for their own lives and knew that God's people wouldn't find atonement for their sins that year.

OC

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

wow like many in here i just wanted to know the true question ... but after reading most of this and taking two asprin... i said forget it... not sure what you want us to say or answer... but i for one believe the bible to be the truth of Gods words from beginning to end... and we are to read it and live by it ... all... the Holy Spirit will guide and teach us what we need to know .. when we dont have an understanding of something. in the word.....

God bless sister vicki aka bebe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

excuse me openly curious...A string with bells attached were used in instances. If they rang the bells and the priest attached did not ring back they would know something was wrong. Since they were not able to go into the holy of holies to get the priest out, my info comes from a messianic Born again teacher who comes from the levitical line..confirmed by bloodwork. This has been abolished by Christs death. Matthew 27:51 and now we can go boldly in~~~~Heb. 10:19 if you are a believer. and if you sit at the wedding banquet table in a dirty garment you will be thrown out.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

wow like many in here i just wanted to know the true question ... but after reading most of this and taking two asprin... i said forget it... not sure what you want us to say or answer... but i for one believe the bible to be the truth of Gods words from beginning to end... and we are to read it and live by it ... all... the Holy Spirit will guide and teach us what we need to know .. when we dont have an understanding of something. in the word.....

God bless sister vicki aka bebe

Shalom Gal,

I'm with ya! Now that I FINALLY see the REAL question, it's time to addios! ;)

I know that God directed an image to be created and placed upon a staff, and if a person was bitten by a serpent, they could look at it and they would be healed..... that is until the people started "worshiping" it at which time it was destroyed. fill us in on how you feel it is being ignored, we might line up on this subject.
..... Ok....let me say this first.....this is what I believe to be the truth.....if no one else believes it....I'm ok with that....this my walk and this is what I believe..... I was simply wondering why these scriptures are ignored......and they are ignored.....you can't argue that.

:exclaimation:

Yeap!

:emot-argh:

Ignored

Who Would Ignore What The LORD Said

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" Micah 6:8

And Who Would Accuse The Brethren

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:1

:24:

Who Is The Captain Of My Heart

Self-Righteous Law Keeping

"For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death." Romans 7:5

Or The Lover Of My Soul

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." Jude 1:24-25

And The Holy Ghost

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:2

Thank You Jesus

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Just Believe

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Him

"Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you." John 15:3

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! (From The Katrina Song)

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Savior! Savior! Savior!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Healer! Healer! Healer!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Hallelujah!

Amen!

:24:

Please Do Not To Let Spiritual Pride Try To Set Up It's Hate-Filled Self-Image In The Heart Of Grace Dear Ones.

'T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.

And Grace, my fears relieved.

How precious did that Grace appear

The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares

I have already come;

'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far

and Grace will lead me home." http://www.constitution.org/col/amazing_grace.htm

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

Grace To You

Love, Joe

Anyway, I DON'T agree and I have several pictures of Jesus hanging up and they are wonderful witnessing tools.

And no, I'm not "ignoring" Scripture, I happen to interpret those verses differently than you and I don't believe that having an artist's picture of Messiah is corrupt.

Your words are your witness. :exclaimation:

Matthew 12:37

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

in what way do you feel this has been ignored?

I know it has, to a point..... in what way do you feel it has????

i know that God directed an image to be created and placed upon a staff, and if a person was bitten by a serpent, they could look at it and they would be healed..... that is until the people started "worshiping" it at which time it was destroyed.

fill us in on how you feel it is being ignored, we might line up on this subject.

mike

No one knows what Christ looks like....but I'd be willing to bet that many of you have a picture of His image somewhere in your home.

These are the Words of God...

Deut. 4