turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I am struggling with a dillema. The details are in my Feb 11 post, under Looking for advice and I just postedupdated details under prayer requests today. ( If you want to read more in those. )Basically, is it okay to use harsh wording in the case of something as serious as the occult? I have an emotionally fragile daughter whose gift to me required destroying, because it involved a psychic hypnotist. I wrote a letter telling her as gently as I could, since this was done in ignorance by her. But I did feel that the word destroyed was vital in my letter, so she would know how bad the occult really is (and hopefully get rid of any risky junk in her own house.) As her mom, I wish I'd taught her years ago about occult dangers. But I think it's better late than never, right? And I have to stand up for Jesus by standing against evil...even if it saddens an already extremely depressed person I dearly love. Still, I'm scared for her mental state. Couldn't all this do damage to a bi-polar person and, worse yet drive her further from God? Sure don't want that! I sure hope to generate a discussion on this because I feel God wants me to mail her a letter soon. ( Either this one I worked on yesterday or else revise it.) It seems like walking a tightrope to expose anything demonic with an unstable person whose spirit you don't want to crush!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I am struggling with a dillema. The details are in my Feb 11 post, under Looking for advice and I just postedupdated details under prayer requests today. ( If you want to read more in those. )Basically, is it okay to use harsh wording in the case of something as serious as the occult? I have an emotionally fragile daughter whose gift to me required destroying, because it involved a psychic hypnotist. I wrote a letter telling her as gently as I could, since this was done in ignorance by her. But I did feel that the word destroyed was vital in my letter, so she would know how bad the occult really is (and hopefully get rid of any risky junk in her own house.) As her mom, I wish I'd taught her years ago about occult dangers. But I think it's better late than never, right? And I have to stand up for Jesus by standing against evil...even if it saddens an already extremely depressed person I dearly love. Still, I'm scared for her mental state. Couldn't all this do damage to a bi-polar person and, worse yet drive her further from God? Sure don't want that! I sure hope to generate a discussion on this because I feel God wants me to mail her a letter soon. ( Either this one I worked on yesterday or else revise it.) It seems like walking a tightrope to expose anything demonic with an unstable person whose spirit you don't want to crush!

Do whatever seems the most loving thing for your daughter and that will be the right thing.

I back tracked and read your post of 11 Feb so know what you are talking about. It sounds like you found the answer so telling you that most shredders make an easy meal of disks will not help, failing which a heavy hammer doesn't leave much usefulness after a couple of hits.

But back to whether you send the letter or not, you can never go wrong if you prayerfully love somebody for love is God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/26/1983

If anything is going to drive her away from God, it will not be primarily you. There are so many factors when it comes to mental instability. You really can't predict what's going to drive her away, what's going to draw her back, or what God's plan is for her life in the meantime. It might be good for her to know she's not the only one. If you want, you can print out my post titled Uncertainty.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

When we deal with another person we are always on shakey ground. My step-daughter is bi-polar and has been a source of concern for many years. Have you spoken to your daughter about this at all? I always try to soften things like this by either just not bringing them up or easing it with a joke of something. This isn't always the smartest way of doing things, though. My husband on the other hand usually doesn't mince words. Most times he finds a nice balance between rude and wimpy! This seems to work well with our daugher.

I guess what I'm saying is to be firm, honest, but loving. I also think speaking with your pastor might help you to say the right thing.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Thanks everyone for your input. It was helpful. I think God is telling me to hold off on telling her the cd is bad until the proper time. Right now it would only add to her severe depression and she would view it as me rejecting her act of love towards me! How would that help her spiritually? She has been hurt by too many people and needs love very much. It is hard for her to reach out and trust anybody. So whenever she does anything kind for me, I really treasure it. It would be a bit like spitting in her face to say that I destroyed her gift. " The natural man recieveth not the things of God" scripture came into my mind today. In other words, she just would not understand where I was coming from. I believe God is telling me to wait and see if this confrontation is even necessary. Afterall, I'm sure she just thought it was a cd to help me sleep and never suspected occult ties. Some of these people selling stuff out there are so sneaky! If she approaches me on if I liked the cd, however...then I will definitely tell her the truth about it. In a balanced way. But since she really believes it was strictly a "medical" cd, why upset her for nothing? I feel peace that this is the right decision. I may have been pushing the panic button to assume she harbors occult stuff in her house. Just pray she doesn't, okay? I do feel God still wants me to warn her about " A Course In Miracles " being occultish, though since Oprah is starting that in March. So many folks are Oprah fans and she may be too. I have decided to write her a new letter, putting that warning in there briefly. Good thing I didn't yet mail the other one! I think God wants the new letter to emphasize how much I'm thinking about her and that I'm sorry for all the hard times she is going through. I haven't seen my daughter in over a year. With my disease, I am unable to travel that far. And she went through bankrupcy, so has no car to get to me. I even had to miss my little grandson's birthday party for the first time last year! It is sad. Please pray for our disconnected family. And that the encouragement card I send my daughter will cheer her up and bring us closer. I would love for her to see the Love of God through me! Thanks again for the advice and prayers.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

You've got a kind heart, Turtletwo. Your daughter is blessed to have you for a mother.

<>< ><>

Nathele