Vickilynn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Good thread Vickilynn. If my entire family were to die, that would be tragic. If my house burned down and I were homeless, that would be sad. If I were inflicted with horrible disease and physical agony, that would be awful. But nothing would be worse than to lose what I have through Jesus Christ.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

You know, I would die for my kids and my husband, no doubt. Without question. Even my family and my friends. Absolutly.

Would I die for the Bible....I don't honestly know. Even though it is the Word of God, it is still an object and putting my faith in that instead of God is not right. I believe that if God wants His Word to get to people, it will. With or without my death.

So there you have it, my honest answer. :whistling:

I can see where you are coming from. However, I for one am glad men like Wycliffe gave his life for the Word. It's not just an "object" he gave his life for, it was the concept that the Word was for everybody, not just religious elitists. That the Bible is more than just an "object" is something most of us can attest to, as it has changed our lives, Hebrews 4:12.

His story is truly faith-building; that is, it builds my faith in G-d, not just in a mere book.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I said I know I would but perhaps I jumped the gun. Are we saying we would die for the Bible or for THE WORD???

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I think I would but I can't be sure without being in that situation.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Are we saying we would die for the Bible or for THE WORD???

good question and if it is for THE WORD, I will die for the TRUTH of it everytime!

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

Just to clarify, I believe the author states that we should be willing for die for what is IN the Bible (to me that means Jesus, the faith and the Gospel.

I believe he is saying if you are not willing to die for Jesus, don't send $$ for Bibles, because the more Bibles we have the more CHRISTIANS we have, who will be martyred for the faith.

Shalom,

I got this in email today and it seems so appropriate for recent discussions on what we will lay down for G-d.

What about my life? Am I willing to lay down EVERYTHING even up to my life? A good question to ask today:

If you are not willing to die for what is in the Bible, you should not give money for Bibles. Because if you give, we will smuggle more Bibles. And if we smuggle more Bibles, there will be more martyrs.

PASTOR RICHARD WURMBRAND

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Am I willing to lay down EVERYTHING even up to my life? A good question to ask today:

That sums up all the great answers in this thread, Vickilynn, because while most of us are ready and willing to make a commitment to die for Jesus Christ, knowing in the back of our minds how unlikely that is, the value of what we say rests on how much of the smaller things in our life we have already surrendered. That is where the evidence of our sincerity lies.

How much of my life has died for the sake of Jesus Christ? How different are the ordinary things in my life because I am committed to Jesus Christ than they would be if I were not?

Those are the questions I should be asking myself today, and will.

Thank you for the challenge.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I hope I am, but it is easier said than done.

I mean look at the number of Christians that refuse to stop doing any number of things for the sake of Christ let alone die.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

Am I willing to lay down EVERYTHING even up to my life? A good question to ask today:

That sums up all the great answers in this thread, Vickilynn, because while most of us are ready and willing to make a commitment to die for Jesus Christ, knowing in the back of our minds how unlikely that is, the value of what we say rests on how much of the smaller things in our life we have already surrendered. That is where the evidence of our sincerity lies.

How much of my life has died for the sake of Jesus Christ? How different are the ordinary things in my life because I am committed to Jesus Christ than they would be if I were not?

Those are the questions I should be asking myself today, and will.

Thank you for the challenge.

Excellent way to approach it! :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

I probably wouldn't lay down my life because I do not yet trust him as I should. I would also consider buying plenty of bibles till it get's in my brain that there really truly is a God out there that loves me. All these religions every where doesn't it not give room for doubt? :noidea: