• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

:rolleyes: I sat down today and I asked myself this question, What's the point in living? Why life Lord? What on earth am I here for? Why do I have to have a purpose anyway? What's the use of living without mom and dad being together or mom dieing to cancer, or brother passing away in the dark. Or me feeling like I'm stuck in a big world along. I feel as though I don't understand life and why I have to live it. And why should suicide be a sin, honestly? Why? God I was created not by my own will. If it was up to me I wouldn't be here. This is how I feel. What's the point of life. What's the point of living? I seek to ask God why? Through all of the hurt and the pain I ask what is it all for. I mean, the world is going to pass away right. So why do we have pain now. Why does it seem to hurt more alive then dead. God I honestly must tell you that I need help. Somebody somewhere please tell me what on earth am I here for?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

:noidea: I sat down today and I asked myself this question, What's the point in living? Why life Lord? What on earth am I here for? Why do I have to have a purpose anyway? What's the use of living without mom and dad being together or mom dieing to cancer, or brother passing away in the dark. Or me feeling like I'm stuck in a big world along. I feel as though I don't understand life and why I have to live it. And why should suicide be a sin, honestly? Why? God I was created not by my own will. If it was up to me I wouldn't be here. This is how I feel. What's the point of life. What's the point of living? I seek to ask God why? Through all of the hurt and the pain I ask what is it all for. I mean, the world is going to pass away right. So why do we have pain now. Why does it seem to hurt more alive then dead. God I honestly must tell you that I need help. Somebody somewhere please tell me what on earth am I here for?

Oh Ladygirl... I do so know how you feel. But you are not alone, for we are all in this together. My heart truly goes out to you. I can not begin to explain these things to you, nor will I even try, for they would sound empty and hollow.

But know... please know... that we are each here for one another. I am here if you would like to talk... and who knows, in doing so you may help me as well...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

:noidea: I sat down today and I asked myself this question, What's the point in living? Why life Lord? What on earth am I here for? Why do I have to have a purpose anyway? What's the use of living without mom and dad being together or mom dieing to cancer, or brother passing away in the dark. Or me feeling like I'm stuck in a big world along. I feel as though I don't understand life and why I have to live it. And why should suicide be a sin, honestly? Why? God I was created not by my own will. If it was up to me I wouldn't be here. This is how I feel. What's the point of life. What's the point of living? I seek to ask God why? Through all of the hurt and the pain I ask what is it all for. I mean, the world is going to pass away right. So why do we have pain now. Why does it seem to hurt more alive then dead. God I honestly must tell you that I need help. Somebody somewhere please tell me what on earth am I here for?

Oh Ladygirl... I do so know how you feel. But you are not alone, for we are all in this together. My heart truly goes out to you. I can not begin to explain these things to you, nor will I even try, for they would sound empty and hollow.

But know... please know... that we are each here for one another. I am here if you would like to talk... and who knows, in doing so you may help me as well...

That goes for me as well, we are each here for one another. Love ya sis!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I will try to be direct so please do not take this the wrong way. The reason suicide is considered a sin is because it is the ultimate selfish act and a complete lack of faith in God. Consider looking at yourself from a third person perspective. Are you a generaly good person? Are you loving and kind? If so then why would you want to kill that person when they have so much to offer? My point is, who are you living for? If you live to make yourself happy then you have your work cut out for you. However, if you find joy in the happiness of others then you have a very fullfilling life.

We have all fealt similarly at some point in time. God knows I have. Thats how I came to be saved. I looked at where my life was going and where I had hoped it would be and I became more than depressed. I became distraught. I wept and I wringged, wrung, wrang my hands and begged the cosmic powers to save me from myself. I received my answer/response the next day. I no longer had any desire for or cravings for cigarettes. The next evening I sat down to my computer with a beer and unwittingly smoked as I drank. When I awoke the next morning I, without thinking, lit a cigarette and began to watch TV in bed. I didn't get half way through that cigarette before I felt a pain in my chest like someone was sitting on it. In the back of my mind I heard a voice saying "we can do this the easy way, or the hard way". I was also reminded that "you asked for my help so here it is". Basically I was made to understand that there was no going back.

God loves you and if you will but ask and submit yourself to his will and lay your troubles at HIS feet, you will know joy like never before. With Jesus as your savior you have his word, his promise that he is making a place for you in his fathers house.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Ladygirl21, don't give up. Don't despair. You sound so sad and lonely, but you will come through it. I will tell you a bit about me. I was 6 when my only brother was killed in an automobile accident and was raised as an only child, I was 18 when my mother was diagnosed with very advanced cancer. Her treatments caused much, much agony for her and I watched her go through things that would have destroyed a lesser person. I was 22 when my father told her he wanted a divorce, he had never loved her, and she had no spunk. He would not support her or keep insurance going for her and wanted all of the equity in the house. Well, I was working and supporting my mother while my dad dated and had a good time. Mama died when I was 23 (the divorce had not been final and we were all still living in the same house). I had no life, no friends, and seemingly no reason to live. I loved Jesus, but He seemed to have forgotten me. The day my mother died my father told me to get out. My grandparents opened their home to me, and I lived with them. Soon, my grandmother became very ill - cancer - and I took care of her while she died. I continued to live with Grandpa. But, I became very depressed. When I turned 30 I became suidical. I could only see dark times and lonliness ahead. I had a plan and knew how I was going to kill myself and make it look like an accident. But, God hadn't forgotten me, and one day while driving to work, right where I had planned to drive over a cliff, there was a car on my side of the road. I swerved and saved myself. Hmmm.....maybe I didn't really want to commit suidice. I had protected myself. After that incident, I decided to live by the world's standards and made some very stupid decisions. Eventually, I met a man who loved me and we were married. I was 35. I then had a baby (who just turned 18). I have asked God to forgive my wild ways, and have gotten back in a right relationship with Jesus. My husband has surrendered to Christ and we have raised our daughter to love the Lord. Had I succeeded in killing myself when things looked so dark I would have missed out on a wonderful future.

Today you don't know what God will use you for tomorrow. You are important and have a purpose. One day you will understand.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

:24: I sat down today and I asked myself this question, What's the point in living? Why life Lord? What on earth am I here for? Why do I have to have a purpose anyway? What's the use of living without mom and dad being together or mom dieing to cancer, or brother passing away in the dark. Or me feeling like I'm stuck in a big world along. I feel as though I don't understand life and why I have to live it. And why should suicide be a sin, honestly? Why? God I was created not by my own will. If it was up to me I wouldn't be here. This is how I feel. What's the point of life. What's the point of living? I seek to ask God why? Through all of the hurt and the pain I ask what is it all for. I mean, the world is going to pass away right. So why do we have pain now. Why does it seem to hurt more alive then dead. God I honestly must tell you that I need help. Somebody somewhere please tell me what on earth am I here for?

I used to ask a lot of those questions too...I used to use crack real heavy and wanted to die and there was no hope, none. I asked the Lord over and over to take me out of this terrible place and He wouldn't and I was so mad at Him for making me remain, even when I did try to kill myself He wouldn't let me die...but somehow, He brought me out of the shame and the pain and the losses of all three of my children and He taught me how to love Him and to love others and feel their pain and care about them.

I have finally figured out why I AM here. It is to be able to open my heart to another who is in real need and in real pain, I can feel them and know that there is hope and there is a way.

I'm not going to give you a bunch of writ answers like you need to read your bible more or you need to get right with God and pray more...I'm not going to tell you any of those things. But I will tell you that with each passing day, the pain will ease and one day you will feel like life is worth sticking around for.

PM me anytime you need to I'll always talk with you and I promise I will never get religious on you...and in the meantime, I'll send a little request to the heavenlies and ask the Lord Jesus to help you..

love and blessings

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:24: Ladygirl!

I feel the same frustration - different reasons for my pain, but I am constantly asking the Lord why He wants me here. :24:

So far the only substantial answer I seem to get is that He's preparing me for what He wants me to do in Heaven. I don't know if that makes sense to you or not, but Heaven is a thriving community like it it is down here with "jobs" to do.

I wish I were a prophet, for then I might have a word of encouragement for you. But the only thing I can do is to suggest how you pray about this.

Quiet yourself before the Lord in an isolated place (no distractions, etc.). Having a worship CD on sometimes helps. But relax your mind, focus your thoughts on Him, worship Him, thank Him (in faith, in advance) for speaking to you, and then ask Him to show you what it is He would have you do here on Earth. If it helps, imagine yourself meeting with the Lord as if in person (i.e. think of a place you would like to be - a favorite hangout, a garden, the beach, an overlook or whatever place you would meet with a friend . . . sometimes for me the place forms itself, if that makes sense . . . but picture yourself meeting with Him when asking this question). Trust in the Lord to take your imagination and speak to you through it. You may get words, you may get impressions, you may get a new image in your imagination or new images. But allow Him to "speak" to you this way. It may be weird at first, but the more you do it, the more you will learn to love it the more you see yourself communing with Him. :24:

Of course, seeking confirmation is a wise thing to do with any revelation you receive. But I am learning to deal with my pain this way, and I've had some special times with the Lord this way.

Blessings!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Ladygirl, I think a lot of us is in the desert waiting to bloom. I have been where you are so many times only to emerge stronger.

When I became a christian I felt more trapped knowing i could not commit suicide....before i may have had a chance due to ignorance.

Ladygirl..you gave two wonderful answers tonight in some threads...in the midst of your dry places you remain to have some wonderful words to give out.

I have beein in dark pits without strength to pull myself out, thats when great friends help... Stay here sweety.

You will get a couple of great laughs out of some wonderful threads. patricia1

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

when every i have doubts i read the following:

John 16:33 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain

33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

blessings from ky. joe

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:emot-hug: I sat down today and I asked myself this question, What's the point in living? Why life Lord? What on earth am I here for? Why do I have to have a purpose anyway? What's the use of living without mom and dad being together or mom dieing to cancer, or brother passing away in the dark. Or me feeling like I'm stuck in a big world along. I feel as though I don't understand life and why I have to live it. And why should suicide be a sin, honestly? Why? God I was created not by my own will. If it was up to me I wouldn't be here. This is how I feel. What's the point of life. What's the point of living? I seek to ask God why? Through all of the hurt and the pain I ask what is it all for. I mean, the world is going to pass away right. So why do we have pain now. Why does it seem to hurt more alive then dead. God I honestly must tell you that I need help. Somebody somewhere please tell me what on earth am I here for?

damo1

to ladygirl21

even though i do not know you personaly like others might i had taken my time to read what you have left hear on this forum and in your post please do not be offended by what has been left hear for you by some of the members hear they al have a good heart and want to reach out to you

i am also wanting to reach out and may be even make a new friend i have been were you are at ladygirl21 i was at witts ends were i tried to end my life sevral times yet some how some one was watching over me ladygirl21 i have been on my own since i was young as i was hated by my father i grew up in a violent home were my old man constantly told me to my face how much he hated me not only did he say this but their were times i thought he was going to end my life

i took every single insult even when he raped me this was done while my mother was at work and i was told not to tel a soul and if i had spoken up he said no one would belive me this went on until i was 13 that is when i decided to leave home i could no longer put up with the abuse being told to my face i am no son of his and how much he hated me and to have him beat me and rape me

i was a very angry young man lady girl i found it hard to trust those in authority roles i was wild and out of contorl herroin and speed and pot played a big part in my life as i took to these drugs to escape the pain i was feeling i allowed no male to push me or tell me what to do

i lived in and out of goverment youth refuges to were i ended up staying in sevral mens hostels but i ended up living on the streets of kings cross

i took to the life style very fast as i did what i could to survive the streets and constantly i would fight my thoughts as i would say why am i going threw this hel why was i born and god if you are real why are you letting this happen to me

i found my self in trouble with the law as i delt in drugs and i stole and broke into homes to keep my addiction then i was taken on by one of the main criminals who ran the strip clubs in kings cross

if god did not shake me up i can honestly say i would not be hear today yet god has me were i am able to reach out and walk by some ones side i work close with troubled youth i have also felt your pain as i lost sevral close friends threw cancer my very dear friend who took me into her home when i was just young and out of jail died of cancer on the 8th of jan 2007 at 1.30am then i lost my father in 2003 doing the emause walk i wanted to meet with my old man and forgive him face to face i found out by my step mother that alcahol and cancer had killed him then i lost my grandfather in 2004 cancer got to him he was going threw kemo then i found out my best friend who was a christian and only young died in 2002 of cancer murray was only 31

i have also lost a good brother who went threw william booth with me he was found dead with a needle sticking in his arm herroin over does he had so much to look forward to and his wife who was with the salvation army was looking forward to having her husband out of rehab and by her side

we need to come to a place ladygirl were we can deal with what ever is going on other wise the more we hold on the more we alow our thoughts to take control in the long run we will act out what our thoughts are saying to us

i use to hear this voice saying to me you are hope less over and over why dont you end your life no one wants you no one cares for you god does not even care as if god cared he would take this pain he would have prottected you

i also use to play the victem and i played the victem very well

thank god i was placed in a good church were i was able to deal with what happend to me and i had proffesional christian counsling god put some good people around me and he placed two very lovely people in my path who took me into their home this couple showed me what it was like to be accepted and treated me with dignity

were i never had love shown to me the people in my church showed me what it was like to be loved and part of a family as i spent a lot of time on my own even my birthdays were spent on my own and so was christmas

know i am able to give this back to those that realy need it

and i feel this can happen with you lady girl you have been placed hear for a reason ladygirl21 god has plans for you and i feel you too can walk by the side of a hurting soul and help them

i am not sure if you are a christian or if you are open to were you alow jesus to come into your life

i was very critical of this religon ladygirl i was very hard headed and i had hard heart though when i was doing time for the second time this is were god dealt with me while i was in prison i read the bible twice

i know were you are at and i hope you can come to a place were you are able to alow your self to heal

this is al i wil say you can pm to keep this of the boards if you like i wil keep what you say to my self as i feel that certain things should not be expressed on a board in cyber space also lady girl there are some decent sisters hear on this forum that i can lead you to who will be able to lend an ear and listen to what you have to say you have come to a good place were people realy do care ladygirl21

when you are ready pm me i am just sharing to you were i was at when i was young and i do understand were you are at

i pray for gods peace to settle on you i pray that you begin to experiance his love for you i pray for peace full dreams and i pray for peace to fall over your life i also pray for joy

god bless from your brother in the lord damo1