• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Silly question, huh?

Well, it does state in Scripture (somewhere in the Psalms) that the Lord saves our tears.

But - why? What does He do with them?

Just looking for any thoughts/revelations people may have here.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I know what he does and i'mnot going to tell you.... :24: You have been crying rivers or brooks lately....?

hey neb..I answered you in the mental illness thread... I love you... hope and pray this season passes fast and you are strenthened my His might. His Glory is upon you , even if you don't feel it or see it!!!!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Silly question, huh?

Well, it does state in Scripture (somewhere in the Psalms) that the Lord saves our tears.

But - why? What does He do with them?

Just looking for any thoughts/revelations people may have here.

Psalm 56:8 Thou numberest my wanderings: Put thou my tears into thy bottle; Are they not in thy book?

Perhaps we should consider:

Psalm 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. 6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with joy, bringing his sheaves with him.

Ecclesiastes 4:1 Then I returned and saw all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and, behold, the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.

Now consider Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

By what measure are they comforted? Are they not in the book?

Let us consider James 4:9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Does this not also remind us of Hezekiah?

2 Kings 20:5

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I pondered this yesterday and today as I cried buckets of tears,the last 2 years have been devistating in too many ways to go into and the last few days I've cried torrents.

Funny I should read this today.

My question to God yesterday was, "Haven't I cried enough already? And anyway if you save all my tears.... How much space do you have for them because I must be upto several rainwater tanks by now ??? "

True..... That is exactly what I asked Him just yesterday. I don't know ??? I just wish He'd empty some of those rainwater tanks of my tears on South Australia as we go through this drought.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Psa 56:8 "Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?"

CJB Psa 56:8 "You have kept count of my wanderings; store my tears in your water-skin - aren't they already recorded in your book?"

Then sometimes our prayers are with tears -

Rev 8:2 "Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and they were given seven shofars. Rev 8:3 Another angel came and stood at the altar with a gold incense-bowl, and he was given a large quantity of incense to add to the prayers of all God's people Rev 8:4 on the gold altar in front of the throne. The smoke of the incense went up with the prayers of God's people from the hand of the angel before God. Rev 8:5 Then the angel took the incense-bowl, filled it with fire from the altar and threw it down onto the earth; and there followed peals of thunder, voices, flashes of lightning and an earthquake."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks for the answers. :laugh:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

He rests his faith on God's promises, and declares his obligation to praise him for mercies.

The heavy and continued trials through which many of the Lord's people have passed, should teach us to be silent and patient under lighter crosses. Yet we are often tempted to repine and despond under small sorrows. For this we should check ourselves. David comforts himself, in his distress and fear, that God noticed all his grievances and all his griefs. God has a bottle and a book for his people's tears, both the tears for their sins, and those for their afflictions. He observes

them with tender concern. Every true believer may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and then I will not fear what man shall do unto me; for man has no power but what is given him from above. Thy vows are upon me, O Lord; not as a burden, but as that by which I am known to be thy servant; as a bridle that restrains me from what would be hurtful, and directs me in the way of my duty. And vows of thankfulness properly accompany prayers for mercy. If God deliver us from sin, either from doing it,

or by his pardoning mercy, he has delivered our souls from death, which is the wages of sin. Where the Lord has begun a good work he will carry it on and perfect it. David hopes that God would keep him even from the appearance of sin. We should aim in all our desires and expectations of deliverance, both from sin and trouble, that we may do the better service to the Lord; that we may serve him without fear. If his grace has delivered our souls from the death of sin, he will bring us to heaven,

to walk before him for ever in light

Matthew Henry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------