chimoku

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

First, let the Muslim terrorists pass an 'anti-torture bill' re Islamic mass-homicide bombings & I.E.D.s, then we can quickly look at an American 'anti-torture bill'! Is America not at war, or what?! ALL options stay on the table in a time of war!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

First, let the Muslim terrorists pass an 'anti-torture bill' re Islamic mass-homicide bombings & I.E.D.s, then we can quickly look at an American 'anti-torture bill'! Is America not at war, or what?! ALL options stay on the table in a time of war!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

I have no doubt the enemy uses torture.

The bad guy

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Ah, you armchair experts are quite humorous. :thumbsup:

Ronald Reagan said it best: History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.

Making a few reprobates uncomfortable is not too high a price to pay so you armchair experts can sit around, musing on the merits of waterboarding and bemoaning your military's cruelty on your behalf.

I have my difficulties with GWB and the current War, but I hope he sticks to his guns.

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. (attrib. to Ermerson)

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

This should be required reading, The Prince, as it would give some of you a sense of what real darkness inhabits the souls of some, and what it takes to achieve victory for others.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I think it's sad that our own soldiers are being trained to endure every imaginable type of torture while our enemies sit back and watch us strip our aresenal of the most effective techniques. Our enemies have to be laughing at us by now. I always considered torture as physical anguish but when you throw in the mental aspect you pretty much eliminate the prospect of using ANY coersive techniques to obtain information. The way some people make it sound we shouldn't offend or make our prisoners uncomfortable. Lets keep it civil and refrain from using harsh language because you might hurt their feelings and that could leave them scarred for life. Perhaps we could have a couple of gay men blow kisses at them and bat their eyes. You think that would work?

Marnie,

You quote Regan,

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But again -

No one has presented a case that waterboarding is truly torture.

Well, you have convinced me.

I have done something that is unique and unprecedented on Worthy Boards, I have changed my mind.

Waterboarding is undoubtedly a useful technique in prisoner interrogation and should be resumed.

Nebula has said,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

-

Nebula:

No one has presented a case that waterboarding is truly torture.

Not quite so fast .

If the US Miltary, and the TOP BRASS officially state that it is excessive and beyond the bound of appropriate treatment of prisonors, and not necessary in terms of gaining information, why do we need a dissertation on 'torture".

Besides, Waterboarding violates the proscribed treatment of prisoners of war outlined by the Geneva Convention.

Moreover, Waterboarding is abusive. Any abuse is traumatic and psychologically damaging. Ultimately any abuse damages and eventually destroys the spirit of man. As a Christian, no matter who my enemy is, I say, this is wrong

Guest LadyC

even the top brass has differences of opinions. many of the top brass say it is NOT torture.

and like i said before, reporters subject themselves to waterboarding to boost ratings on their newscasts. so it can't be all that torturous.

and like i also said before, just go sit down and have a chat with a marine and ask them what they had to endure in iraq, or for that matter, in BOOT CAMP. they'll be happy to tell ya they endure a whole lot more discomfort than waterboarding as part of their routine training.

detainees are treated oh so... best medical care, best dental care, free korans for their reading pleasure, yada yada yada.