IGNORED

Bush VETOS Ant i-Torture Bill ! ! !

chimoku

Guest Biblicist

If they don't want to withstand punishment for not giving information we need, maybe they should just start talking....The choice for torture or against it is solely up to them. The torture is not administered whether or not they say anything.

No talk = waterboarding...talk = no waterboarding. :)

Simple as that. If they are stupid enough to keep their mouths shut, they better learn how to hold their breath.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

How Stuff Works.com

"Most CIA officials say water boarding is not torture, although many see it as a poor interrogation method because it scares the prisoner so much you can't trust anything he tells you. Senator John McCain, who was tortured as a POW during the Vietnam War, says water boarding is definitely a form of torture. Human rights groups agree unanimously that "simulated drowning," causing the prisoner to believe he is about to die, is undoubtedly a form of psychological torture. The international community recognizes "mock executions" as a form of torture, and many place water boarding in that category. In 1947, a Japanese soldier who used water boarding against a U.S. citizen during World War II was sentenced to 15 years in U.S. prison for committing a war crime."

Guest Biblicist

From the same article

"Whether or not water boarding is a current U.S. interrogation technique is unknown." :rolleyes:

If this discussion was being held on a secular board I could understand some of the comments.

But I assume most of the replies are by folks who consider themselves Christians.

So wave the flag, sing Onward Christian Soldiers, and conduct yourselves like your hated enemies.

Guest Biblicist

OT if it's not even KNOWN if the U.S. is really using waterboarding as torture then this is a non issue!! :rolleyes:

OT if it's not even KNOWN if the U.S. is really using waterboarding as torture then this is a non issue!! :rolleyes:

Partly true.

But Bush just vetoed a bill that would outlaw it and the CIA had used it.

As late as November 2005, water boarding was on the CIA's list of approved "enhanced interrogation techniques" intended for use against high-value terror suspects.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

-

Thanks, Old Timer.

Excellent link ! !!

If this discussion was being held on a secular board I could understand some of the comments.

Insightful observation . . .

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

But I assume most of the replies are by folks who consider themselves Christians.

So wave the flag, sing Onward Christian Soldiers, and conduct yourselves like your hated enemies.

:rolleyes: You equate waterboarding to the actions of our enemies? Forgive me, but are you really that misinformed?

As for your first sentence, the same could be said for those who feel the opposite of you.

Guest Biblicist

Partly true.

But Bush just vetoed a bill that would outlaw it and the CIA had used it.

As late as November 2005, water boarding was on the CIA's list of approved "enhanced interrogation techniques" intended for use against high-value terror suspects.

According to the article, it was also used on OUR American Navy Seals, as a training technique, till they found it broke them too quickly. Apparently it works. The CIA used it on 9/11 Mastermind...After two minutes he told them everything they needed to know. Sounds reasonable to me. :rolleyes:

List of approved techniques, and actual current use, are two different things. Hopefully these guys are smart enough to talk without needing to be "persuaded". :52_52:

I reserve the right to protect my family against those who wish to harm them or take their life, using whatever means and techniques necessary. Why should our Govenrnment be any different? Do you think we are safe because we have a "nice" democracy? Do you think you can sleep in your bed every night without fear of war on our soil because we are "kind" to everyone?

The only thing these terrorists want to do is kill us. Period. They don't want peace, or friendship. No negotiations, or treaty. They want us to die. Don't you think we have the right to protect ourselves from annihilation, and help to protect other countries that are weaker and smaller from the same fate? As Christians we are charged with the care and protection of those that God has placed in our care. If someone comes in to harm them it is our God given duty to use whatever means necessary to stop that from happening.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Islamic beheading of innocent individuals such as Daniel Pearl, James Buckley et al, courtesy the Sword of Muhammad & his Qur'an, sure beats American & Coalition Forces' water-boarding of Alqueda combatants intent on destroying the USA & Israel and establishing a Global Muslim Caliphate replete with the depravities & ignominies of Muhammad's Sharia law. Further, what kind of audaciousness is required to shoot a woman or a child in the back? Hmm. Or maybe the Islamic promotion of genocide, mass-murderof civilians and the beheading of captives isn't such a bad thing after all after all? Important intelligence in a time of Islamic Jihad can save the lives of hundreds of thousands! Salaam alaikum indeed!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com