IGNORED

Reading the word.

Mr T

Guest LadyC

you and me both! my pillow has been calling my name for two hours, and i'm still not answering the call. i should be though, i've got a splitting headache. this has been a rough weekend for me, because i normally don't crawl out of bed til after 9 a.m.... but this weekend has been so full of activity that yesterday i got up at 4:30 a.m., today i was up by 6 (after hitting the snooze button for an hour), and of course we have to set our clocks forward tonight so i'll be up earlier for church than i'm accustomed to!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

to build a relationship, a person must be with the one they want to build the relationship with on a very frequent basis.

it would not be much of a relationship if they were only to get together once a month, or even once a week, would not be able to learn about the other very well that way.....

it must be a daily get together...... the more often the two get together, the closer their relationship will become.

if a child and a father do not come together but once or twice a year, there is no relationship there..... if a husband and wife never speak, never write to each other, never see each other, what kind of relationship is that?

some people think it is ok to have a once a week visit with the Lord, ok, maybe twice a week is good..... me? well, that is not enough.... I want a daily..... no, make that an hourly or by the minute relationship with Him..... weekly is definitely not enough for me, i could not do it with out Him daily in my life......

for new believers i work with, i suggest, 15 min a day (to start) and explain to them 5 min in prayer, to open the heart, prepare the heart and be able to absorb His Word....... 5 min reading His Word (usually starting with John) and then 5 more minutes in prayer to help them understand how to utilize His word through out the day and life...... I also explain to them not to set a timer, but to stop when they reach a stopping point in prayer and reading..... and do not miss a single day.... it takes about three months to build a habit, or a life style..... good, bad or indifferent.......

if we tell them it is ok to read only once a week, the habit will never be formed, and a relationship will never happen....

if a person misses more then one or two days, they will have began building a new habit and will soon say it is ok not to read or pray as much......

we need (as my mother says) a daily dose of the vitamin of the Holy Spirit in order to make it through the day.....

I say daily, previous post says daily, David says daily, so..... . DAILY IT IS.....

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I say daily, previous post says daily, David says daily, so..... . DAILY IT IS.....

Well said Mike.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/15/1987

I have been starting to read my bible and i must say that it is a hard habit to start. I have been reading my bible at least 10-15 min a day and i do feel happier than i have in the past. I say there is not set time that you should read your bible but it should at least be daily.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I live the word of God. selah

I am in the word to study, for my own edification, to counsel others and to check out known scripture. To feed on Rhema. A scripture yesterday could be dry but today loaded with great stuff!

If you want a specific number I will go with at least the amount we feed ourselves, granted we have healthy diets. Three times a day with some snacks in between l0l

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I have to admit that I graze rather than have 3 'solid meals of the Bible' a day. I know that that isn't good and I need to be more systematic about reading the Bible.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

it also depends on the season you are in...Gods not a hard taskmaster

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/16/1955

Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my questions.

A favourite scripture of mine for encouragement to read and meditate on the word, with a promise is Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Blessings,

Mr T :whistling:

Edited by Mr T

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

A favourite scripture of mine for encouragement to read and meditate on the word, with a promise is Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

That is a good verse to hold on to! :)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

That is a good verse to hold on to! :(

:)

May the two of you share a love that knows no bounds...