• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1995

My youth leader talked about that a few weeks ago. Yes, tattoos are sinful.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I have 6 I got before I rededicated my life to Christ and I would not get anymore. First, this is Gods body and he took the time to make it just how He wanted it, I'm not going to grafitti it anymore. Two I think it hinders my witness as a Christian. Third, a couple of my tats cost big bucks and now I feel I would rather give that money to God or something that would help spread the gospel throughout the world. I don't regret any of them and they are not evil, butterflies mostly :emot-hug: but a tattoo is something very worldly and I need to stay out of that world. JMO. :emot-highfive:

Could you define "worldly"? Because there are plenty of things that some could consider "worldly" that Christians participate in. For example, "Christian rock, heavy metal, Rap, etc." Rock N' Roll and those other musical forms are all "worldly," and yet they are mainstream in the Christian culture. They are widely accepted and received by Christians without a second thought.

When I say I need to stay out of that world I am talking about the world in which I used to hang out. The heavy metal, drinking, smoking, and getting tattoos place. I dont want to go back.

As a disclaimer before this gets heated I was just giving my opinion and personal experience on the subject.

And to Marnie...I have a seahorse too. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I personally don't find tatoos to be attractive. There was one, however, on the girl in the movie "The Crow" that I found attractive. She had feathered wings tatooed on her shoulder blades. I forget what color, but they were very cool, very original to me. I don't mind pierced ears or perhaps tongues but that would be about it. Scars made by burning or cutting are especially unatractive to me since they involve a certain degree of self mutilation. The bodies God gave us are far more beautiful without altering them.

As for being a sin I don't believe they are.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Medically it can be problematic if the tatoo is placed in an area where an IV would be placed for example. Apparently, the dye can enter the blood stream and be dangerous if not fatal.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

My youth leader talked about that a few weeks ago. Yes, tattoos are sinful.

Your youth pastor is mistaken. :emot-hug:

I have 6 I got before I rededicated my life to Christ and I would not get anymore. First, this is Gods body and he took the time to make it just how He wanted it, I'm not going to grafitti it anymore. Two I think it hinders my witness as a Christian. Third, a couple of my tats cost big bucks and now I feel I would rather give that money to God or something that would help spread the gospel throughout the world. I don't regret any of them and they are not evil, butterflies mostly :emot-hug: but a tattoo is something very worldly and I need to stay out of that world. JMO. :emot-hug:

Could you define "worldly"? Because there are plenty of things that some could consider "worldly" that Christians participate in. For example, "Christian rock, heavy metal, Rap, etc." Rock N' Roll and those other musical forms are all "worldly," and yet they are mainstream in the Christian culture. They are widely accepted and received by Christians without a second thought.

When I say I need to stay out of that world I am talking about the world in which I used to hang out. The heavy metal, drinking, smoking, and getting tattoos place. I dont want to go back.

As a disclaimer before this gets heated I was just giving my opinion and personal experience on the subject.

And to Marnie...I have a seahorse too. :emot-hug:

I absolutely respect your opinion. :emot-highfive:

Medically it can be problematic if the tatoo is placed in an area where an IV would be placed for example. Apparently, the dye can enter the blood stream and be dangerous if not fatal.

India ink in small doses is not a problem. Besides, a hospital wouldn't purposefully place an IV into a tattoo unless they absolutely had no other means.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,922
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  231
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

My father has just had a quad bypass and one of the topics a lot of the patieents in the ward talked about was ...if you had a tattoo on your chest would the surgeon try to match the picture back up when he sews your chest together :emot-hug::emot-hug:

My father has just had a quad bypass and one of the topics a lot of the patieents in the ward talked about was ...if you had a tattoo on your chest would the surgeon try to match the picture back up when he sews your chest together :emot-hug::emot-hug:

I wouldn't want to be the surgeon trying. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't mean any disrespect. You can quote all the Bible all you want to, and just because the youth leader said it, it has to be true? There is therefore no point in the discussing if we proceed like that. I need a copy of the youth leader's teachings. My Bible is no help to me. I'll just let him tell me what to think without question or discernment?

Bob Jones controlled many with that viewpoint. Nearly all of his unquestioning followers are dead of suicide. Maybe they should have also read their own Bible and sought the actual truth. That is an extreme case, but all of us are wrong sometime.