Jacqueline

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I could be wrong, but christians can be possessed.

I have never read in the scriptures where darkness can share a place where there is light. I have not read where one who believes in Jesus for salvation has then become possessed. The closest I have read is the following, which is not possession.

Acts 5:1-3

But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

if you are born again you cannot be posessed.

darkness cannot dwell where there is light.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/12/1955

if you are born again you cannot be posessed.

darkness cannot dwell where there is light.

This is true. Possession implies taking total control and if the Christian is giving control to the Holy Spirit then he can't also be giving it to the devil. Nevertheless when the Spirit takes up residence in our life He does so in our spirit. This is the eternal area of man that was created and designed for that very purpose. Not the body, nor the soul. The body of the believer is still subject to frailty, sickness, disease. The soul can still produce evil thoughts and imaginations. The Holy Spirit regenerates our spirit and with our willingness and submission, will gradually sanctify the body and soul as in the process of removing the dross from the gold.

Paul, yes the great apostle Paul, had to deal with a demon.

2 Corinthians (12:7)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

A spirit can remain in the soul of a man and starts to manifest the more generated that soul gets.. It cna me something from the family line or also a spirit familar to you because of the past...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

A spirit can remain in the soul of a man and starts to manifest the more generated that soul gets.. It cna me something from the family line or also a spirit familar to you because of the past...

This is true and I have seen it and experienced it.

Jacqueline--your friend cannot be free unless she wants to be. Demons take hold of whatever territory they are given and do not let go unless they are routed out by Jesus Christ at the behest of the host.

The pastor "Mike" may have been offering her a warning because he heard from her own lips how she has actually made peace with this demon. She doesn't seem, by your words, to be concerned about her own spiritual health in this regard. It seems you alone are the one who sees what she is dealing with. She has to come to grips and have her spiritual eyes opened to her situation first before any headway is made. If she is content with this dominator controlling her spiritually, that he is God and she is pregnant with some far-fetched "spirit-child", then she is deceived and all you can do is pray for her---from a distance. If she has no desire for freedom, you need to break away, flee.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I have sad news. Mary Monroe, my friend who I started this post about passed last week. I find myself lost of words being that it was so unexpected. Thank you.

God bless you

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/12/1955

I have sad news. Mary Monroe, my friend who I started this post about passed last week. I find myself lost of words being that it was so unexpected. Thank you.

God bless you

Jacqueline

You have my heartfelt condolences . :24:

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/21/1967

:rolleyes: Simply first word FAMILIAR ... ROOT WORD... FAMILY. Second word spirit. Therefore, family-spirit is the existence of a Sin familiar to ones family line, which is iniquity.

Sin is usually an individual lifeline while iniquity is a series of generational similar sin in the family. Old testament usually states three or four generational sin as iniquity. Of course can be experienced in nightmares, occult dreams etc.

So when one is saved, there are still these influences, nevertheless, the crucified life takes care of these when the governing of the Christ in You gives one the direction on what to do in the case of the problem.

The influences of these family spirits or temptations mostly occur because they are entrenched in the family line even though the individual human spirit is saved through the presence of the Holy Spirit of God! Therefore cannot be possessed! (Soul is NOT instantly saved but needs to grow according to the Word of God by means of the crucified life).

Often, Christian folks have had to leave their previous family influences as a radical approach to the crucified life in order to develop the new life in Christ according to Scriptures.

Your guess is as good as mine as to how far you should go to grow in Christ after getting saved and knowing that there are family spirits .... traditions, rituals, cultures, clubs, cultings, movies, associations we have to vow against in order to increase ones faith in the Bible as the spiritual constitution towards spiritual growth in God (Jesus Christ is the centre)

Doctrine is both paper and practise of...

the fruit of the Spirit! ... Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Emanuel