• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

You know.. I have been reading everyone's responses and have another question in regards to this topic. As a new believer and a struggling one as well, it's disturbing to think that Jesus would let someone go. :thumbsup:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

You know.. I have been reading everyone's responses and have another question in regards to this topic. As a new believer and a struggling one as well, it's disturbing to think that Jesus would let someone go. :thumbsup:

Angelique,

God is Faithfuul. He will never leave you nor forsake you;

Heb

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

You know.. I have been reading everyone's responses and have another question in regards to this topic. As a new believer and a struggling one as well, it's disturbing to think that Jesus would let someone go. :laugh:

you have a great advantage of being a new believer.

read the scripture in full and you'll start to see how many people rip one liners and run with them.

take it slowly and always challenge those that give you information.

God bless. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Believers don't have to worry about losing thier salvation. In fact we are told by Christ not to worry about anything, it is one of the great things about our faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

You know.. I have been reading everyone's responses and have another question in regards to this topic. As a new believer and a struggling one as well, it's disturbing to think that Jesus would let someone go. :emot-hug:

Jesus doesn't wish anybody to go, but if my heart is to no longer serve God then he will let me go.

For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. - 2 Timothy 4:10

Here we have Demas forsaking Christianity because he loved the present world more than God.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. - John 6:66

As long as we are doing our best to live Christianity Jesus will never leave nor forsake us, but there is nothing that will stop me from leaving Jesus if I don't want walk anymore.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Believers don't have to worry about losing thier salvation. In fact we are told by Christ not to worry about anything, it is one of the great things about our faith.

We don't lose it, but we can give it up.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

You know.. I have been reading everyone's responses and have another question in regards to this topic. As a new believer and a struggling one as well, it's disturbing to think that Jesus would let someone go. :24:

Jesus doesn't wish anybody to go, but if my heart is to no longer serve God then he will let me go.

For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. - 2 Timothy 4:10

Here we have Demas forsaking Christianity because he loved the present world more than God.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. - John 6:66

As long as we are doing our best to live Christianity Jesus will never leave nor forsake us, but there is nothing that will stop me from leaving Jesus if I don't want walk anymore.

I disagree. The texts you have quoted correspond with what John said about men who "fall away" back to the world.

1 John 2:19 "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us."

So men like Demas and those who professed to followed Christ but then fell away were in and of themselves never "of us" as John said in the text above. They were manifestations of "tares" in the field as Jesus taught in Matthew 13:24-30. Furthermore, Jesus also said that all of those whom the father had given him he would loose none of them (John 6:39). Peter also declared that we who have been regenerated by the Spirit of God and have been born again have been born of an incorruptible seed (1 Peter 1:23). How can we who have been regenerated and been given a new life be "un-regenerated"? :thumbsup:

Unless of course GOD continues the work he finishes (Philippians 1:6). :32:

Burn

As long as you keep your eyes on God, He will never let you go.

However, if one slips back into their old behavior and stays there, or becomes an on and off christian, the odds are pretty good that the bond will be broken.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

We don't lose it, but we can give it up.

Yes we can walk away but then we are not a believer and would not care anyway. We would not worry about walking away we would feel no guilt or worry or fear about walking away as we would not have any faith at all, it would just be a fairy tale that made us feel good at some point in our lives, but deep down we would know it was foolish.

A believer would know deep down even when they are struggling, hey there is something to this, at the end of the day I really do believe in Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

In my opinion, it seems he expected something from Jesus in return for his Faith. This goes against what fiath is. So no wonder this poor gentlemen is lost.