• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

high

start of with the gospel of john and then read mathew and the other gospel leave the old testamont until you are able to understand

as the same thing happend to me when i started to read my bible i was told to avoid the old testamont and just focus on the new testamont

i would also pray and invite the holy spirit to sit by my side

never take on to much read one page or two pages and then put a marker and pick it up later as i found when i started to read the bible i could only read two pages then i would get head aches or become tired as i was also going cold turkey comming off herroin and speed and my body was craving for these drugs but pot was the worst one

hope this helps

from damo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

It sounds to me as if you are finally turning yourself over to God more. I hope that one day soon you will clean out all of your wiccan stuff. Since you are reading the Old Testament you may have come across the passages in Judges where God tells Joshua to take the land and to get rid of all of the idol worship and occult things. This was true in the Old Testament and it is true today. Everyone needs to clean out pockets of idol worship and occult in our own lives. For instance, many people like to read horoscopes - this is wrong.

The Old Testament is so important to read and understand, but it isn't the easiest to understand. The books aren't necessarily in chronological order, and sometimes the same event is in more than one of the books The events in the Old Testament - the Covenant with Abraham, the Passover, the Law given to Moses, and so much more all point to Christ. The deeper you study these events you will gain a greater understanding of God and appreciate Christ's sacrifice more. Here's my suggestion, read the New Testament. If you have a Bible with cross-references look them up. For instance there events surrounding Christ's death on the cross fulfilled prophacy found in Psalms, Isaiah, Zechaeiah, etc.

I'm glad you are able to do some reading in the Bible. Keep praying and reading. :thumbsup:

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

:thumbsup::)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

have you ever thought yu may be having eye trouble? It can happen anytime. Sometimes the obvious isn't so Obvious. Start taking authotiy over a witchcraft/ occultic spirit. I get attacked often when the enemy wants to stop me from going forward.

Either way you are safely in Gods hands.

{In the name of Jesus, I break this occultic stronghold and tell you to loosen your hold, by the Blood of Jesus...and now I bind truth to my heart and mind in Jesus Name. amen & amen}

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

I'll just assume that you used to be a Wiccan and converted to Christianity, and God bless you for that! Obviously, you've been infected by demonic powers that I hope you have rebuked in the name of Jesus. It's a terrible thing to get involved in the occult. But it's the same as something like becoming an alcoholic, coming clean and accepting Jesus into your life. I'm sure even in that case, it could be difficult to read God's Word at first.

But when you say you're having a hard time reading it, it could mean three things: (1) You're simply having trouble understanding. In that case, ask for the Lord's help and if you still have trouble, talk to another believer. But keep in mind you don't have to understand every single thing in the Bible right off the bat. It takes time! (2) You're having trouble concentrating. In that case, again, ask for the Lord's help. This can take some self-discipline and it's all worth it in the end. (3) You feel like something is stopping you from reading the Bible. Of course, that would be the devil. Yell out, "Satan, leave in the name of Jesus!" and ask for the Lord's help, that you can read His Word, understand it and apply it to your life.

God bless you.

Yes, I was Wiccan but still feel that way much of the time :th_praying::whistling::whistling: Believing was easy..... belief structures and ways of life are harder :mgfrog::blink::20::o

Edited by ~~ angelique ~~

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

God bless and keep you. Indeed it is significant that it is so hard for you to read the Word of God. There is a spiritual battle going on over you. And it is important that you make good choices right now. Just keep on keeping on. Do as others have suggested and read a little each day. It does not have to be much. But stick to the New Testament for awhile until you have more understanding. And when you are not reading THINK about what you have read. And follow any instructions you might come across.

Greater is He who is in you (the Holy Spirit) than he that is in the world (Satan). You are victorious in Christ. You actually are IN CHRIST now. So take heart and be encouraged.

Better days are ahead!

Blessings