• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you all,

I have been asked more than twice to restart this thread.

I have closed the old thread and will restart here.

Anyone who wants to join in please feel free? :t2:

We will start Wednesday April 28th.

Key here is you must have the book. For obvious reasons we cannot type out the whole chapters. We will type out the opening of each chapter. Scripture and Quotes.

Then the ending of Chapter. The thinking about my purpose.

Point to ponder

Verse to remember

Question to consider

Then we can all reflect. Share and fellowship.

One thing though my personal life and my job here may prevent me from posting the openings in a timely fashion.

So feel free to step in and start the day by posting the opening and, Thinking about my purpose part if I miss it.

I am quite busy here and I believe this is what stopped it the prior time we started.

When I am here I am at a premium for time. My service here sometimes will keep me from this . I will participate and start it off though.

Peace and much Love,

Dave

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest asduke

I will be participating and will be happy to step in and help when time gets rough for you. I look forward to enjoying this study with others here.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/23/1967

My hubby bought a set of books for him, myself and our teen daughter but he never followed through on it so I will try and be faithful to this thread and the Lord of course and prayfully learn something.

Thanks Dave for bringing this back up at the request of others. May God strengthen you through this time of leadership.

Blessings,

Rose

Okay saints,

Chapter 1

It all starts with God

Colossians 1:16

For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible,... everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.

Unless you assume a God, the question of life's purpose is meaningless.

Bertrand Russell, atheist

Thinking about my purpose

Point to ponder:

It's not about me.

Verse to Remember:

Everything got started in Him and finds it's purpose in Him.

Colossians 1:16b

Question to Consider:

In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?

My answer is that I can remain in Him, in His Word. I can also choose Christ. It is so very much better to serve Him. I must also remember that these things are temporary. Not fulfilling. Only Love lasts.

These things don't define me. Neither do I define me. His purpose is so very much more higher than mine.

I came from God, to God, to go to God.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

Dr. Luke, I started the 40 days of purpose on Sunday. It's awesome! Jesus has taught me that before I knew Him as my personal Savior angel's watched over me until the day I except Jesus.

Jesus brought to rememberance to me a day I had forgotten for 31 years. When I was 7yrs old I drowned in a swimming pool. Jesus revealed the whole thing to me again. It was like watching a movie of myself. My heart was about to pound out of my chest and my pulse was rapid and I couldn't catch my breath. I just sat on the couch and cried, because Jesus shared with me that Angel's were there when I drowned and they continued to protect me until I excepted Jesus in my heart.

Jesus had a purpose for my life.

Yukon :t2:

Guest asduke
Colossians 1:16

For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible,... everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.

In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?

Modern day advertising is an inroad for temptation. I've also been reading the Bondage Breaker by Neil t. Anderson, and the chapter I just finished was about temptation: Lust of the Flesh, Lust of the Eyes, Pride of Life.

The advertising today caters towards these three things in our lives. We turn on TV and see a car ad, or an ad for Burger king and immediately our minds are thinking "They're right, I NEED one of those." One of the verses that God throws into my mind more and more often as of late is Matthew 6: 33 "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

As the beginning of the post said, it all begins with God. If we don't make God our cornerstone, everything we build in life will eventually crumble. The only way to do that is to make Him first in all things. We need to be in the Word daily. We need to be in prayer daily, and continously moving towards holiness and sanctification. The only way I know to remind myself is to conciously put Him first in all things.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

We've started 40 Days of Purpose in our church and find it great.

We had a real struggle in starting, our DVD would not work ( we are hosting a group in our home ) which has NEVER happened before and straight after the meeting Dan got it working in 10 minutes. So we were supposed to start last week but had our first proper study last night. Bit odd that, there was a couple who could not come the first week but came last night when we started and will be key members in the group, God sure did know who would be in the group and when we were supposed to start so He coould speak to the group as a whole through the first DVD.

We really hope to find Gods purpose and to end the confussion and aimless trying to get order into our lives for His works in our strength.

God is having His way with this study in a big way. HE IS SO AWSOME and it is so much about putting Him first, BEFORE ANYTHING.

Grace to you,

Day 2

You are not an accident

Isaiah 44:2a

I am your Creator. You were in My care even before you were born.

God doesn't play dice.

Albert Einstein

Thinking about my purpose

Point to ponder:

I am not an accident.

Verse to remember:

"I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born.' Isaiah 44:2

Question to Consider:

I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

We were made this way to add to the uniqueness of His creation.

My background and personality come from my family of origin. I have struggled mightily with anger, anxiety, worry. My family of origin was very moral. I thank God for them. He placed me there to get me to today.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I will be following along too. I have the book.

Yukon--what an experience! Your life was spared for a purpose!

Saints of God,

Jump right in and share. :wub:

I believe the fellowship will make us all grow.

If you a day late ? Don't worry share anyway.

I will be back tonight to post day 3 and then again tomorrow for day 4.

I had alot of requests to restart this thread.

Please fellow? :wub:

Peace,

Dave