• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

This probably all happened around 15,000 years ago.

Are you joking? I ask this in all sincerity.

In my 48 + years on this planet, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that anything is possible.

Should I believe you or the word of God?...Hmmmm

I choose God.

Since none of us were actually there at the time, I can say with confidence that we all know squat when it comes to prehistoric development and the birth of civilization.

You can theorize all you want but we may never know the facts unless God reveals them to us when we come to dwell with Him. On the other hand, He may feel it's none of our business how it all went down. :24:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

My theory is that the universe is 200 years old

I know people older than that! :24:

Since none of us were actually there at the time, I can say with confidence that we all know squat when it comes to prehistoric development and the birth of civilization.

That is simply not true. I suggest you try to learn something other than fundy drivel.

Fundie drivel?

I think you would do well to remember that you are here as a guest on these boards, like the rest of us, before making comments such as this.

I think you should receive a warning, and, if you persist, you should be banned.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:blink: Edited by hopper

:mgfrog: :blink: hop gently my dispassionate scientist friends, lest we become "death, the destroyer of worlds".

- hopper, who drivels out all his cerebral membranes as a condition of life. :noidea::taped:

Hopper, you certainly are one of a kind.

I've travelled far and wide..........but never did meet anyone quite like your good self.

Is that dinner date still on, by the way.....? :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:blink: Edited by hopper

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

No thankyou. I bowed out of extended round-in-circles arguments about science in this forum a long time ago.

Suits yourself. It is advisable to simply keep quiet rather than making extremely extraoridinary claims and refusing to back them up.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

In my 48 + years on this planet, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that anything is possible.

Is it possible that the Sun revolves around the Earth?

Does the word of God say that the Universe was created 15,000 years ago?

I choose God.

Me too. :emot-highfive:

Really? There are no pieces of the puzzle that have been assembled? There has been no scientific progress in this area? But wait, you're changing the subejct. We were talking about starlight. No wonder the scientific community doesn't take use seriously.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Is it possible that the Sun revolves around the Earth?

Is it beyond God's capabilities?

Does the word of God say that the Universe was created 15,000 years ago?

Does it say it wasn't?

I choose God.

Me too. :)

Really? There are no pieces of the puzzle that have been assembled? There has been no scientific progress in this area? But wait, you're changing the subejct. We were talking about starlight. No wonder the scientific community doesn't take use seriously.

What do you mean by take use seriously? I've never heard that expression. Is it scientific?

Starlight and creation do have time in common, so I wasn't really changing the subject, just expanding on it. :huh:

Guest *Angelus*

Some interesting and thoughtful posts on this subject, and some... well, not so. :thumbsup: However, I think the real question here might be this; does the 'age' of the universe make a difference as to the reality of it's Creator and His plan to bring us into reconciliation with Himself?

I could go into debate about various scientific theory of the age of the universe, but to what end? Whether old or young (relatively speaking) the preponderance of verifiable scientific evidence points out clearly that, whatever it's age, the universe and it's natural workings are a product of intelligent design. Design then naturally points to a Designer.

It is my belief, based on the scientific evidence and further confirmed by verifiable eyewitness testimony, then added to by experiential evidence, that the Designer of the universe revealed Himself in the person of Jesus Christ. The person of Jesus then proved His claims to be the Designer incarnate by the act of His resurrection after a brutal death on a cross.

True science is really never at odds with "faith", because eventually and invaribly it always leads to the conclusion that our universe is a product of intelligent design, that there is a Designer, and that Designer loves His creation eternally. The creation events depicted in the Bible don't speak of the "how", I believe, because the "how" is not germaine to the "why". I've discovered the Bible is all about the "why" and the "Way", the "hows" are left for us to discover. And wouldn't we be truly bored if we had all those answers up-front?

In His Love,

Angelus