• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

When Christ died on the cross at Calvary He died for all. In 1 Corinthians it tells us there is no distinction between the Jews, Greeks slave or free man.

1 Corinthians 12:13

For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

I was talking to my wife about that the other day...

YIKES! I have a wife! There aren't suppose to still be males and females, are there?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

I was talking to my wife about that the other day...

YIKES! I have a wife! There aren't suppose to still be males and females, are there?

I presume that happens when we are in heaven, there is no distinction between man and woman. :noidea:

Guest Landerrous

We are currently in "the church age" which ends at the rapture (if you are pretrib, i think) after that god with start dealing with the world through Israel and this ties to the 70th week of Daniel (7 yrs of tribulation).

We are currently inbtw the 69th and 70th week.

As such the church (or most of it) as we know it will be gone.

He will seal 144,000 jewish evangelists to protect them through the tribulation

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Why is there a differnece in the way God treats these two groups when we are all meant to be the same in Christ?

Keep in mind that though we are one body we are made of different parts. Being "one" or "the same in Christ" does not make us homogeneous.

One is an evangelist, one is a pastor, one is a teacher, one is a prophet, another is an apostle. Because of their unique calling, the Lord will place them in different circumstances, place them in different parts of the globe, use them to bring glory to Him in different ways. Some become famous, most won't. None of this is a "favor" thing. It is all about how He wants to use each one - all working together for the entire Body of Christ. In your own body, the small can be just as valuable as the large (i.e. you may never value the fingernail on your pinkie so much until you lose the nail - then you might find its value!).

So it is with the calling of God. God has a plan to reveal His glory to man. His plan involved a man named Abram (whom He changed the name to Abraham) and his descendants through Isaac and Jacob. The Lord's plan and purpose with these people has not ended. It has nothing to do with segregation or favoritism. It has everything to do with the gift and calling He gave to them. That is all!

Why does God do this if we are all meant to be the same in the Lord?

Why are these people so special to God that He would personally take care of them in the wilderness?

be careful, brother Cain. Sin in crouching at the door. This is a purely humanistic comparison and it has caused you to envy.

What about the church none of them are being cared for by God?

I don't know about you but He cares for me just fine. I have no complaints whatsoever about how He treats me. Would you feel better just because He treats someone else in a lesser way? (not that He would do that)

Why is there a differnece in the way God treats these two groups when we are all meant to be the same in Christ?

Matthew 20

11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Didn't God have some everlasting covenants with Isreal that have yet to be completed? If God completes them, wouldn't it be a case of God fulfilling His word as opposed to a "distiction" between people?

One Way

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:" Job 19:25

One Work

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

One Blood

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:" 1 Peter 1:18-19

One Look

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:14-15

>>>>><<<<<

Didn't God have some everlasting covenants with Israel that have yet to be completed? If God completes them, wouldn't it be a case of God fulfilling His word as opposed to a "distinction" between people?

:huh:

Good Question

There Is A Distinct People Chosen Of God And One Could, As The Book Often Does, Call Them The Elect, Although Few Choose To Do So

Folk Who Paid With Their Blood, Sweat And Tears To Bring The Holy Bible Down Through The Ages For My Little Eyes To See, And I Love Them So

Their KING Is My LORD And My God And One Day Soon I'll Worship Together With These Descendants Of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob In The City Of David Before HIS Throne

>>>>><<<<<

The Promise To The Distinct Folk

To The Jew Beloved Of The LORD

"[31] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

[32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

[33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

[34] And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

[35] Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

[36] If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

[37] Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

[38] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.

[39] And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.

[40] And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever."

Jeremiah 31:40

Maranatha!

>>>>><<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING OF KINGS

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

When Christ died on the cross at Calvary He died for all. In 1 Corinthians it tells us there is no distinction between the Jews, Greeks slave or free man.

1 Corinthians 12:13

For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

But I do have a wife and she is a woman. I'm sure of it!

And that is why I am fairly sure this passage has not yet been completed.

As for the symbolic interpretation of the 144,000...

Why?