Stephen King's The Mist

VRSpock

I Have Read Two Or Three Of Mr. Stephen King's Novels

Every One Of Their Endings Left Me Feeling Soul Sick

This One Appears To Continue That Pattern

Thanks For The Review

I Think I'll Pass

However

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

This Mist Is Far More Fascinating To Me.

"But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground." Genesis 2:6

Condensation Dripping From The Outer Leaves Of Most Scrubs And Trees Will Water The Outer Feeder Roots Under The Soil Perfectly. So A Rising Morning Fog And A Descending Evening Fog Would Be The Perfect Irrigate System For An Orchard. Also As If Plants Were Designed That Way. :tongue_smile::):taped:

I Wonder If Mr. King Knows That?

Or This

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:16-18

:)

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Odd Thomas was Koontz. Getting back to the OP I enjoy the odd horror movie, I find that it keeps me focused on my next chess move :tongue_smile:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

vrspock, I think you give humanity "en masse" more credit than I do. I don't remember who on here brought up "The Storm of the Century" but the town turning on each other and being willing to do the vilest things to someone else, as long as it wasn't them or theirs................had just a touch too much realism for me. That movie and Kings, The Stand............scared me in ways that books/movies never do.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I agree brother Joe! Much more profitable and worthwhile!

:th_praying:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338

I'm not sure where Stephen King's relationship with Christ is at or how his stories reflect that. Many things can have a positive, warm-fuzzy spiritual element to them and be further from G-d than the deepest pits of hades.

I have worked, on a very, very limited basis, with King and without sounding judgmental, I am reasonably sure he is not "born again," although like many writers, he has extensive knowledge of spirituality from many different angles. He often explores the Faith in his works, as does Koontz, who has been mentioned in this thread. At various times over the years I have done some work for him, as well. His knowledge of "religion" is astounding, but again, it's academic. Koontz is much more "friendly" towards Christianity, which he tends to blur with Catholicism and mysticism, so his books are more "upbeat" than King's, who really, I think, struggles with faith.

Both men, despite what they write, live pretty normal lives; they don't strangle cats for fun and they don't attend black masses.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'm not sure where Stephen King's relationship with Christ is at or how his stories reflect that. Many things can have a positive, warm-fuzzy spiritual element to them and be further from G-d than the deepest pits of hades.

I have worked, on a very, very limited basis, with King and without sounding judgmental, I am reasonably sure he is not "born again," although like many writers, he has extensive knowledge of spirituality from many different angles. He often explores the Faith in his works, as does Koontz, who has been mentioned in this thread. At various times over the years I have done some work for him, as well. His knowledge of "religion" is astounding, but again, it's academic. Koontz is much more "friendly" towards Christianity, which he tends to blur with Catholicism and mysticism, so his books are more "upbeat" than King's, who really, I think, struggles with faith.

Both men, despite what they write, live pretty normal lives; they don't strangle cats for fun and they don't attend black masses.

:glare: two of my favorite writers, thanks for the insight Marnie!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/26/1976

I found The Mist to be a terribly sinful movie!

Its sin?

Boring me to tears :blink: Haha...I'm sorry...but that was the main problem for me.

I think the what may have worked quite well in the novella - character development - was abysmal in the movie. I felt I'd seen cardboard cutouts with greater depth than the characters in the movie, and it made me feel like I was watching recycled Steven King material from other sources. I was very disappointed.

The woman? Yes, I think she was badly stereotyped, though at least the message that she was the town nutter was delivered, if much less clearly than the casting of her as a "fundamentalist" (which I'd guess more than a few Massachusetts / California based viewers took from the movie).

But yes, the building of character tension, the accelerating deterioration of relationships and reality inside the store, I didn't think worked well at all.

And this is coming from someone who very much enjoyed novellas such as The Long Walk and others (written under the Bachman pseudonym) for their relationship and character writing.

Things also felt telegraphed in The Mist, to the extent that I was expecting the ending. :blink:

Hope I don't sound like a pretentious movie snob, as I really am not. I was simply greatly disappointed, from start to finish.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hollywood and the stephen Kings et all are some of satan's trump cards. He plays them and the world, including some christians, can't flock to them fast enough. The devil draws them all to his idols like moths to a flame and they drive their gas guzzlers for miles to see them and moan about the price of gas and the cost of living. There's a whole thread on saving in this same forum :rolleyes:

Welcome to the worthy boards, Johnny.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Thanks for letting me know what not to watch!! :rolleyes:

Ephesians 5:11-13 (King James Version)

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.