ginakay

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I think somebody quoted a verse earlier about "they observe seasons"... etc.

I think it is very important to know the word here for observe means a legalistic observation to the point of arguing... and not the actual observance of it in its simplicity.

Here is an article I wrote on Sabath...

Sabbath Encounter

By: Sean and Ayelet Steckbeck

It is the Shabbat again and we are cleaning, shopping, cooking, and showering before the sun goes down. It isn

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you guys...but I will fill every minute of every day with busy business if left to my own devices.

To me, the Shabbat is an appointment set by God. It is a day to be circled on the calendar for time dedicated to Him...which He so graciously gives back as time to reconnect with my wife and children IN this rest dedicated to Him.

There is no condemnation when I am unable to keep this appointment...and I would never try to impose condemnation on those who don't yet understand what the Shabbat is....but I need the Shabbat.

That's why He gave it to me. Love.

"church day" is something altogether different.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

My wife and I call it "G-d's date night"... just like in a family... we spend every day together... but there needs to be time set aside in a good marriage for a date night. Romance us L-rd!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Yod please explain

""church day" is something altogether different.
different then the Shabbat ?

I don't understand .....shouldn't we have this in our heart ALL the time??

Thanks, Angels :whistling:

The point is that "church day" is a day of gathering the body, of teaching them, of joining in corporate worship or larger fellowship in a common place.

The Shabbat is a day of rest to be spent with the family. There is nothing wrong with going to church/synagogue on the Sabbath of course...but that is not the point of the Sabbath.....and it is only a very small part of the whole experience of Sabbath.

The Sabbath begins on Friday evening with Ima (mother) lighting the candles to separate this day apart from the rest of the week. It is also ended in a small ceremony that puts a border on the end of it. Unless you have ever set this WHOLE day apart in this way, you have no idea how meaningful it can be...and I'm not just talking about candles here.

We're talking about a date night with God.

sounds good, do YOU make a date one night a week with God?

How about the rest of your family, do they join you??

Just wondering.

Tx for explaining :thumbsup:

Angels :whistling:

Oy that is a good question!

No. I am not able to keep it with any regularity in a while. About 9 years ago, I married a wonderful christian woman who doesn't understand me any more than you do. She likes church more...and it has taken time for me to even be able to sneak a few sabbath candles into the house when she wasn't looking. :taped:

She can't stand the music at the local messianic synagogue and prefers to sing hymns. I'm starting to like them a little bit too...which scares me.

Since I told her about the Sabbath, we do order Pizza every Friday night so she doesn't have to cook . Does that count? It's a Pepperoni and a cheese pizza if that helps?

Usually I am the only one in the house who even knows it's Hanukkah. Like tonight for instance...

But there was a time when I did stop the world and get off for the Shabbat like this...and there is nothing like it. Serenity is the only word I can think of.

:noidea:

Yod,

Why would your wife not want candles in the house for shabbath, how many do you need for it?

When you take your time with God what does the candle respresent? :noidea:

messianic synagogue and prefers to sing hymns. I'm starting to like them a little bit too...which scares
me.

Hahaha ....I do like both but wonder how the messianic synagogue music sounds? Is that the kind of music you sing?

Thats very nice you wife must like that!! :taped:

But I do agree and like the old hymns to very much ,a lot of songs these days have hardly anything to do with respect for God. I can see her point.

But what I really would like to know is how messianic synagogue music sound. Is there a website on the net where I can listen to it?

Does the church where you go make tapes? Maybe I can buy one ?

Usually I am the only one in the house who even knows it's Hanukkah. Like tonight for instance...

I thought Hanukkah was yesterday?

Tx Angels :taped:

• 4 weeks later...
As I understand it....people didn't know about it until God gave the command to moses...so they couldn't logically honour a day that they new nothing about ;)  ;)  ;)

but i reserve the right to be completely and utterly wrong ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out this interesting discovery of laws kept in Genesis by patriachs:

~~~~~~~~

Psalm 81

1Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.

2Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery.

3Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.

4For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob.

Genesis 2

2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20

10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it

Mark 2

27And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

The sabbath was made for man(Adam), not just Jews...Adam was the first man and Adam means 'man'...The Almighty taught Adam personally where it didn't require tablets of stone, just as He taught Abraham when He came to visit on earth...Avraham even had a priest which He tithed to called Melchizedek, and where there's a priest, there are laws to be taught how to serve the Most High...Many laws such as tithing, sacrificing animals and having no gods before Me, as well as the sabbath are mentioned in Genesis..Exodus was

The Most High Spirit does not rest, sleep or slumber...But He rested in the flesh which He used to create the world, because the scriptures say the world was made by Him with His body...It even mentions in Genesis 3:8 that the Almighty walked through the garden in the cool of the day...Spirits walking and feeling cool of the day is not spiritual but physical flesh, especially when they hid from Him...

I hope a simple gesture of trying to disprove the scriptures will be avoided...This research deserves more than just a small challange, but a worthy explamation for disagrement...If you are not fimiliar with hermeneutics:The theory and methodology of interpretation, especially of scriptural text, then you will not comprehend how scriptures relate to each other just by using the content from a verse to prove another scripture...You don't need the complete commandments to be in the torah five books, they are scattered throughout the Bible...You only need two witness scriptures in Genesis to prove that laws were kept to conclude commandments were in Genesis...We have Abrahams priest which did priestly duties(also look in the book of Hebrews about Avraham priest which acted the same as the Leviticus priest)...You have Joseph keeping feast and convocations as well as Jacob having laws...Need I go on. Stop

Botz,

Yes, Romans 7:4 helped but Galatians really was the book that helped me a lot.  (Gal 4:9-11): "But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? You observe days and months and seasons and years. I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain."

I was raised Seventh day Adventist so I had lots of nonsense in my head. 

Blessings! :taped:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good try! But you misinterpret the scripture...Follow with me in verse 8 of Galatians 4...After they knew the true elohyim, they turned again to their old way of pagan worsip, because rember these Gentiles knew nothing of keeping the sabbath or biblical laws...If they didn't know the Almighty, then how could they know of keeping sabbath days, right? Yes, at first these Gentiles didn't know Yahh as a god-God, and they previously served other gods festivals, days and years, such as days; the Sun-god, which was worsipped on Sunday...The Greco-Roman calander which Gentiles served months of July-Julius Ceaser, Augustus...Years, which is during the New Year evil pagan worship, coming from the calander of the Greco-Romans...

The Messiah said the scriptures cannot be broken, whereas the scriptures mention the sabbath...And if the sabbath are in the scriptures, then the sabbath cannot be broken, which He said from His own mouth, not to break the the laws or the sabbath, because He said the things written in the scriptures cannot be broken...Redundant for clarity.

Psalms 119

142Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy *law is the truth*.

Galatians 3

1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth...