IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey Everyone :noidea:

Once again, as usual, the title of the post explains it all :rolleyes:

I don't like to exclude people from this post, but I REALLY dont' want it to turn into an argument/discussion about what is and is not modest, since we all obviously disagree heavily on the matter.

However, here's the question, considering that the bible says that women are to adorn themselves in modest apparrel, and pants are immodest, what about a new Christian?

I mean.... we have rules for certain things that the lady or woman should be wearing something modest, and typically, that comes with conviction and she grows in the Lord. However, I've herad some people say that on visitation, no pants whatsoever, no matter who they are.

That's great and all, but I can't see telling a new Chrsitian that they have to wear a skirt or a dress when it is not yet a conviction in their life.

Thoughts?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, here's the question, considering that the bible says that women are to adorn themselves in modest apparrel, and pants are immodest, what about a new Christian?

I mean.... we have rules for certain things that the lady or woman should be wearing something modest, and typically, that comes with conviction and she grows in the Lord. However, I've herad some people say that on visitation, no pants whatsoever, no matter who they are.

That's great and all, but I can't see telling a new Chrsitian that they have to wear a skirt or a dress when it is not yet a conviction in their life.

Thoughts?

If there are rules in place that state that a skirt must be worn, then she should wear a skirt. If there are no such rules then it really doesn't matter.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

So your only wanting people who agree with you that pants are immodest to post? :cool:

However, I've heard some people say that on visitation, no pants whatsoever, no matter who they are.... Thoughts?

:cool:

Are they riding on a horse or a donkey?

:whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

It all depends upon the place in question. It is our duty to investigate the local customs.

So your only wanting people who agree with you that pants are immodest to post? :cool:

Regrettably, that is how I read it as well. :whistling:

Are they riding on a horse or a donkey?

:whistling: FresnoJoe, leave it to you to come up with that one :thumbsup:

I guess side-saddle it is :cool:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Ohhhhhh I see Marnie............I can't wait! :cool:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Hey Crystal,

If your church doesn't want the ladies to wear pants, they should set up a set of standards and adopt it so that it can be pointed to as the way it is. If the rule is simply "modesty" They then need to be willing to accept what each person believes to be modest.

We have a group of ladies in our church who go out visiting almost weekly. It really isn't a group set up by he church so much as simply ladies who like to go out together. One of the ladies started wearing pants and they came to me and asked me to tell her not to. I had to tell them that because it was their group and their rules, they needed to be the ones to go to her, rather than pulling me into it.

I don't wear pants myself... my conviction... but I have nothing against others wearing pants if they have prayed about it and the Spirit has given them no conviction against it. I have always just felt that as the Pastor's wife, it is incumbent upon me to stay well within the boundaries of modesty.

Our ladies almost always wear skirts to church, but we would never make anyone feel like they stand out because they come in pasts. We accept them as they are.

Regrettably, that is how I read it as well. :whistling:

I think she's asking "what do you say to a new believer"? since the bible doesn't specifically say one has to wear a dress or skirt.

She doesn't want to debate "pants vs skirts".

It's the "new christian" thing she's asking about. Should she tell her friend she "must" wear a skirt or dress?

That's how I see it.