• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1969

Does anybody know why the King James Version is always being attacked? Does anybody still use the KJV? Do you know that the king James is the closest to the true translation? Did you know that in 24 Bible versions that there are 200 omissions? The New English New Testament has 197 omissions and the NIV has 195 Omissions. In Matthew 16:20 they left out Jesus' name!!!!! That is in the New International Version. I Know because I checked this out for myself. I know that the King James version is hard to understand but if you got a good KJV that was also a study Bible then it might be easier to understand. Who said that the word of God was to be simplified so that words were taken out. God only wrote one Bible, that was the KJV. Not all these others.

I know that I have just put myself into the firing line. but we are in a time when Jesus is about to come and take his people home and the devil is putting a lot of False things out there and tampering with the Bible is one of them. This is something that ALL Christians need to look at. I have a leaflet that gives all of the missing text listed. I will try to scan it onto the computer and post it on here if possible.

Myrtle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/06/1969

I use the New King James Version Spirit Filled Study Bible and I love it.

I use my Grandfather's study Bible. He gave it to me and I love mine too!!!

Thank You for supporting the King James!!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

i use the following bibles:

kjv.

new kjv.

21st century kjv.

my grandmother read to me from the kjv. it was good enough then as it is today. amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

If it was good enough for the Apostle Paul, it's good enough for me! :th_praying:

Serious students will look into the original languages and compare word by word while also studying the setting, tone, and the authors of the books themselves.

To cling to an old translation is like sporting a favorite car model, and when looking into the scriptures, Jesus said to SEARCH the scriptures, not to posture and argue over translations.

I like KJV, and as an older person, it is my favorite because it is what I learned reading, but it is not "sent down from heaven" and it is not without a few errors and omisions itself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

*wonders how the spanish translation of the KJV is viewed? :th_praying:

Of course we all know that St Paul used the KJV. If it was good enough for him, its good enough for me.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I use the KJV. Recently at bible study I told a gal that I don't approve of the NIV. I remember years ago the talk about how the " other " translations omit words, and if you study the ommisions you will discover that they shed the light of deciet on the diety of Christ.

Anyone who says they can't understand thou or thee or thy is just being lazy.

Who ever said that you didn't have to use your brain when reading???? I have had to read several " secular " texts more than once to get the true meaning...why should the bible be any different??

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

While I do read a KJ Bible, I also have other versions that I read also, and there is nothing wrong with most of them. I wouldn't read The Message version or some others like it. But the KJ ONLY is another one of those debates that won't be stilled until Jesus comes, just like baptism, dresses/pants, and other man made preferences that really have little to do with following Christ.

Guest HIS girl
I use the New King James Version Spirit Filled Study Bible and I love it.

I also have the Amplified Version and the NIV. I learned alot from the Amplified, I started off with the Gideons Bible many moons ago! I used to read NIV but don't anymore, simply because I gravitated more towards the NKJV and have stayed with that ever since. I would love to read a Hebrew Bible one day.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

There is NOTHING more beautiful than language of the KJ, when I am just reading for the sheer enjoyment of it, it has to be the KJ...........read the 23rd Psalms in a couple of different versions, none of them compare to it being read from the KJ. Makes me wanna go read it right now!