artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

i think it would not make sense to ignore this situation altogether. (like i did also at y2k, but this seems different, doesn't it?) when i heard that on the news about the rice, i decided to stock up !! i have also planted a garden. i'm nervous about canning but i plan to grow whatever i can safely freeze and as much as i have space for. if nothing else, it will save me a bunch of money over the fall & winter.

IMHO, Y2K was significant; just not in the way everyone predicted. Of course, there was no crashing of computers and the internet. But the year 2000 marked the end of the 2000 years since the birth of Christ. I don't know why I believe that 2001 ushered in the last few years before the end of the age. I just can't shake that feeling and I have felt it since 9/11. I'm not stockpiling rice or flour (not in this climate with all the weevils!) but I AM stockpiling peanut butter (great source of protein) and hard whole wheat crackers. (Supplemented with a small garden, I could live on this since it's just me.) This stuff has a shelf life of two years. So...in 2010, I'll either be happy I did this or I'll have cases of rotten peanut butter and stale crackers! Also storing up canned pet food. I figure every American should have enough stores for one year. I remember, after my family and I fled to Waco before hurricane Rita in 2006, how the stores quickly ran out of everything and the gas stations had no gas. It happened just from a storm and a crush of people traveling through. Imagine what it would be like long term. I pray that it never comes to that. <_<

If everything was fulfilled, we wouldn't be sitting here having this conversation.

I meant is there more prophesy to be fulfilled before the antichrist makes an appearance.

The fact that no one knows who he is would mean yes, there are things yet to be fulfilled.

His False Prophet still needs to show himself.

Read Matthew 24.....Daniel 7.....Revelation 13.

The condition of the church is something to be looked at. "The love of many will grow cold". What's the condition of the church today?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

(like i did also at y2k, but this seems different, doesn't it?) when i heard that on the news about the rice, i decided to stock up !! i have also planted a garden. i'm nervous about canning but i plan to grow whatever i can safely freeze and as much as i have space for. if nothing else, it will save me a bunch of money over the fall & winter.

I may plant a garden this year. Tried before but kind of gave up. When you can, you don't need a freezer do you? Mine's already full. I think I might can this year, for the first time ever.

I've always thought about it and wanted to. Now I'm thinking it really might be a good idea. Can't hurt, that's for sure.

IMHO, Y2K was significant; just not in the way everyone predicted. Of course, there was no crashing of computers and the internet. But the year 2000 marked the end of the 2000 years since the birth of Christ.

Wasn't Jesus actually born in 06 AD?

I don't know why I believe that 2001 ushered in the last few years before the end of the age. I just can't shake that feeling and I have felt it since 9/11

2000 years from Adam to Noah,

2000 years from Noah to Christ,

2000 years from Christ to our generation.

And doesn't the earth continue for another 1000 years?

Making it the perfect 7000?

Just babbling.

I'm not stockpiling rice or flour (not in this climate with all the weevils!) but I AM stockpiling peanut butter (great source of protein) and hard whole wheat crackers. (Supplemented with a small garden, I could live on this since it's just me.) This stuff has a shelf life of two years. So...in 2010, I'll either be happy I did this or I'll have cases of rotten peanut butter and stale crackers! Also storing up canned pet food. I figure every American should have enough stores for one year. I remember, after my family and I fled to Waco before hurricane Rita in 2006, how the stores quickly ran out of everything and the gas stations had no gas. It happened just from a storm and a crush of people traveling through. Imagine what it would be like long term. I pray that it never comes to that.

What about canned tuna or ham? When you can, it lasts 2 years?

I agree with having extra stores.

I met a couple last year who had met because they were in a disaster training in Canada similar to fema. I was surprised to know that our goverment is preparing for the worst.

Also my sis in law sits on board of directors for the medical association and tells me I'd better keep getting flu shots. She said they're preparing for a pandemic - no doubt about it.

Eric: I read the first link you posted. Very interesting. The second didn't work.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi artsylady,

the first link was from a website and the other was from an email alert wich is just a copy of the same article. Wilfred Hahn has stuff in all kinds of websites, even in rapture ready, which I mostly avoid. You can check him out on google. A very articulated author.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

(like i did also at y2k, but this seems different, doesn't it?) when i heard that on the news about the rice, i decided to stock up !! i have also planted a garden. i'm nervous about canning but i plan to grow whatever i can safely freeze and as much as i have space for. if nothing else, it will save me a bunch of money over the fall & winter.

I may plant a garden this year. Tried before but kind of gave up. When you can, you don't need a freezer do you? Mine's already full. I think I might can this year, for the first time ever.

I've always thought about it and wanted to. Now I'm thinking it really might be a good idea. Can't hurt, that's for sure.

let's keep in touch then - i never thought i would can things but i'm going to give it a try this year too, God willing. my husband says he will help, but neither one of us know what we're doing.

i guess if i drop out of sight in the fall, y'all will know i gave myself botulism :noidea:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Wasn't Jesus actually born in 06 AD?

What about canned tuna or ham? When you can, it lasts 2 years?

He couldn't have been born in 6 A.D. because that would have Him being born six years after He died. Or am I remembering this wrong?

Not sure about home canned food's shelf life but most commercially canned stuffs are good for two years. Most...not all.

It seems that everyone is stocking up. I found whole wheat Triscuits on sale today for fifty cents a box. You just put them in a freezer bag and freeze them. They will also last two years or so. I've decided that, a year from now, if I haven't used any of this stuff I will begin to donate it to the food pantry at the church while it's still within a year of it's expiration date. No way could I just let it spoil and throw it away. :noidea:

Hi artsylady,

the first link was from a website and the other was from an email alert wich is just a copy of the same article. Wilfred Hahn has stuff in all kinds of websites, even in rapture ready, which I mostly avoid. You can check him out on google. A very articulated author.

Thanks!

Oprah who?

I so hope you are serious. That would be refreshing.

If you are serious, Oprah is a very influencial talk show host in the US and her show is broadcast in many other parts of the world.