elsie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, there is no doubt that the enemy tries to lead us astray and this is a real strong feeling that you are choosing the right direction but one is decieved and the devil has gained control in your life as the devil only comes into our lives for only 3 resons only and they are to steal, kill, and desroy

James 1:5-6--"If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."

So pray in faith to give you the wisdom that you need in this situation.

OC

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Haven't read all the posts - but it's definitely something we all need to get much better at - hearing Yahweh and obeying Him. Recommend "How to Hear from God in a Noisy World" - it was helpful.

Plus reading II Sam 30 recently - David and his men found their families had been taken and their camp destroyed. They wept until they didn't have the strength to cry anymore. It says David encouraged himself in the Lord. Then he sought His answer to the problem.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959

thank you all for taking time to respond !!

first off, i ordered the book (from the link provided).

yes, i need to be able to totally give it up...

i think i've been successful! as today, i have this inner peace i haven't had in weeks.

a little more background...

i've been at my job for 18 years. that represents a big chunk of my adult life.

the only way i can complete all my work is to work (from home) on saturdays and sundays.

i did that last year. i'm not doing this anymore. i've made the decission that a) sundays are for going to church b) saturdays are for other stuff. trying to keep it brief, i told mr boss that i need help, and i wanted to hire a temp to get me caught up. his daughter works here, but she doesn't have the skills (software knowledge) and i would have to tuter her for months until she is able to work independently, which would take me from my work and only make be further behind. he was insulted, and said that he felt i implied that she is stupid. perhaps what he's angry with is that i told him it breaks my heart that she has shown not a spot of interest in anything that i do (i'm sec / tres / office mgr), and that's why i've not tried to train her to do anything. i took a good hard look and thought to myself, what am i giving up my life for, mr boss' two kids' financial security, these two adults that don't have it in them to carry the torch? mr boss has been the kindest and most generous person, and he feels like i've put a knife in his heart, that i've insulted his daughter. hence all the tension.

so, today, i have peace. today i feel in my heart it is time for a career change, to find a job that doesn't involve money, where my efforts don't feed the greed of others. i know there is something out there, and i know God will get me hooked up. this will happen in His time, and in His way. in the mean time, i will behave in a manner fitting the christian woman i want to be, in a way that pleases my Father and my Jesus; i will be patient and i will listen and obey; i will let God's light shine brightly in me for all to see !

again, thanks all for your input. :24::24::24::24:

els

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/20/1965

The peace of God that you mentioned speaks volumes in it's self and of it's self, that you have found his will in this matter. I pray that as you pursue this path that the will of the Father will continue to be revealed in ever increasing clearity to your heart, and mind.

thank you all for taking time to respond !!

first off, i ordered the book (from the link provided).

yes, i need to be able to totally give it up...

i think i've been successful! as today, i have this inner peace i haven't had in weeks.

a little more background...

i've been at my job for 18 years. that represents a big chunk of my adult life.

the only way i can complete all my work is to work (from home) on saturdays and sundays.

i did that last year. i'm not doing this anymore. i've made the decission that a) sundays are for going to church b) saturdays are for other stuff. trying to keep it brief, i told mr boss that i need help, and i wanted to hire a temp to get me caught up. his daughter works here, but she doesn't have the skills (software knowledge) and i would have to tuter her for months until she is able to work independently, which would take me from my work and only make be further behind. he was insulted, and said that he felt i implied that she is stupid. perhaps what he's angry with is that i told him it breaks my heart that she has shown not a spot of interest in anything that i do (i'm sec / tres / office mgr), and that's why i've not tried to train her to do anything. i took a good hard look and thought to myself, what am i giving up my life for, mr boss' two kids' financial security, these two adults that don't have it in them to carry the torch? mr boss has been the kindest and most generous person, and he feels like i've put a knife in his heart, that i've insulted his daughter. hence all the tension.

so, today, i have peace. today i feel in my heart it is time for a career change, to find a job that doesn't involve money, where my efforts don't feed the greed of others. i know there is something out there, and i know God will get me hooked up. this will happen in His time, and in His way. in the mean time, i will behave in a manner fitting the christian woman i want to be, in a way that pleases my Father and my Jesus; i will be patient and i will listen and obey; i will let God's light shine brightly in me for all to see !

again, thanks all for your input. :laugh::):24::emot-hug:

els

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

okay, so here's my question....

when its good and it's easy, you know for sure it's God talking to you.

but, when what you're feeling and thinking you need is difficult and could lead to hard times (i.e. walking away from your job), how do you know for sure it's God leading you to do this, or if it's Satan, and his band of demons trying to destroy your life?

i posed this question last night at bible study; our leader said, obviously, to pray about it. well, the more i pray about it, the more my heart wants to do what my head is screaming not to do.

any comments?

a few years ago I had landed a job that was f/t and it "appeared" to be exactly what I needed. I had been in recovery from drugs and alcohol, had a baby, and lived on state funds for over a year when I got this job.

Oh it was great, I had never done it before and picked it up so fast that within less than 6 months I was promoted to management! God's hand had to be in it. Well one morning while getting ready for work I heard "quit your job"...I said "Lord is that you?"...I received no reply. So I decided that could not have been God because why would He tell me to quit a job that had landed me the ability to have a bit of financial freedom that I was so good at. I decided it was the enemy who said that and I dismissed those words and went to work....

It took about 2 months for my entire life to fall apart again. I lost my job, relapsed back into drugs and lost custody of my child because of the relapse. The job was debt collecting. It was the most stressful job I had ever had. The ethics and morals of the work place were horrible. I believe that because of these factors and not listening to the order to quit my job, I ended up in the mess I was in. Today I do believe it was the Lord who told me to quit. Today I believe that if the Lord told me to quit a job that I would and that He would provide something that is better not only by the standards of ethics and morals but also by the standard of better prosperity.

So, in lieu of that, if God says to quit...then quit. Whenever one door is closed another door will be opened.

blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

a few years ago I had landed a job that was f/t and it "appeared" to be exactly what I needed. I had been in recovery from drugs and alcohol, had a baby, and lived on state funds for over a year when I got this job.

Oh it was great, I had never done it before and picked it up so fast that within less than 6 months I was promoted to management! God's hand had to be in it. Well one morning while getting ready for work I heard "quit your job"...I said "Lord is that you?"...I received no reply. So I decided that could not have been God because why would He tell me to quit a job that had landed me the ability to have a bit of financial freedom that I was so good at. I decided it was the enemy who said that and I dismissed those words and went to work....

It took about 2 months for my entire life to fall apart again. I lost my job, relapsed back into drugs and lost custody of my child because of the relapse. The job was debt collecting. It was the most stressful job I had ever had. The ethics and morals of the work place were horrible. I believe that because of these factors and not listening to the order to quit my job, I ended up in the mess I was in. Today I do believe it was the Lord who told me to quit. Today I believe that if the Lord told me to quit a job that I would and that He would provide something that is better not only by the standards of ethics and morals but also by the standard of better prosperity.

So, in lieu of that, if God says to quit...then quit. Whenever one door is closed another door will be opened.

You are so right jackie d and your testimony shows just how strong the devil comes into our lives to decieve us out of the way. Many times I have been tricked myself. But we must keep our ears open only to the still small voice and let it guide us. The devil has a loud voice as he comes as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Once again jackie d you have a wonderful testimony.

blessings

OC

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10

Again I say WOW. where did you get this idea from?

All the questions you asked Eric are about you and what you need and nothing to do with the answer

and your first post, too. Bad start, mate. you should get to know people, before you start making cracks about member's IQs.

180 is a pretty high IQ (way past genius level..maybe the measurement number is different in your country) maybe you should pray for a sense of humor. Asking someones personal information has nothing to do with answering Elsies question. I guess when you pray ya hear "asl please" first...lol....Jesus was born to give us strength to handle the day to day living, not to do the living for us...To me it's all good...

Edited by EightDayWeekend

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  24
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959

you folks are such blessings !!!

thanks for sharing your thoughts & experiences.

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

You are so right jackie d and your testimony shows just how strong the devil comes into our lives to decieve us out of the way. Many times I have been tricked myself. But we must keep our ears open only to the still small voice and let it guide us. The devil has a loud voice as he comes as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Once again jackie d you have a wonderful testimony.

blessings

OC

:emot-hug: