IGNORED

is marrying off 15yr olds and multiple wifes a big deal?

Merin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

ok merin, tell me this.... if some 50 year old had the hots for your 13 year old daughter, do you really think that your daughter would be all hot for him in return? and whether she did or didn't (and that's highly unlikely!) would you make her marry the old guy? (or would you even encourage her to do so of her own accord?)

my daughters will marry who, when and how God tells us!!!!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok! Well what I was really asking for were biblical reasons that it is so bad for 15yr olds to marry and that it is bad to have multiple wives!!!???????

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I totally agree that the stuff you are talking about happens and shouldn't!!!! But taking g all test kids away from their moms and... I just am grieved... I hope in all this they hear Gods song that He sings over them!

Let's put it this way: Do you think it should be acceptable for a group of male pedophiles to be able to pursue their penchant for under-aged girls under the guise of it being a "religion?"

no that is demonic!! I never said that!!!

That is what is happening in this situation. Someone who claims to be the Prophet of this church, Warren Jeffs (who BTW is in jail for being an accomplice to rape in the case of a 14 year old who he arranged to marry off to his 50 year old cousin in Arizona) tells a 12-14 year old that they are going to marry their 50 year old first cousin (or brother, or uncle, or someone very closely related). They have no choice in the matter, because they believe that because the Prophet says so, they will have eternal honor in heaven for being obedient.

This is why we are saying that it is wrong!

a.

ok! Well what I was really asking for were biblical reasons that it is so bad for 15yr olds to marry and that it is bad to have multiple wives!!!???????

The Word speaks out against incest.....and from what I understand, incest is a part of these cults.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/22/1984

I think the men doing the abusing need to be removed from the situation and the children need to be reunited with their mothers.

I do not think there is anything wrong with 15 year olds marrying older men as long as it is their choice... which in a situation like this, you would have to take in a case by case basis, which our government is not.

I do not think that Merin is condoning what is happening, more asking for answers to specific questions.

BTW, Here is the link to Word of Faith Community Church.

ok ty for the insight! And I also say that is wrong!!! But I am asking still... What is so wrong with marring at 15 or more than or wife?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Merin...I HIGHLY suggest you read "Shattered Dreams" by Arlene Spencer. If you truly desire to understand the psychological abuse perpetrated by the FLDS on women and children this book will open your eyes in a big way. In fact, I highly recommend this book to all of you.

Merin...essentially the men have set up a standard that keeps women in servitude. The women have been taught SINCE BIRTH that if they truly want to live in righteousness in Heaven then they will marry these men as young as possible and have as many children as possible. The women in turn, are afraid that if they don't do this they will not achieve Heavenly glory. So they continue this dangerous cycle out of fear. Then, fearing for their childrens eternity they brainwash their children to marry as young as possible to start having children. It is an evil cycle.

I couldn't trust the judgement of ANY person. Christian or not, if they couldn't see the immediate need to rescue those women and children. Merin, I understand that you have compassion for the families...but true compassion would REQUIRE that you wish to see the children out of harms way...not returned to it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

BTW...I noticed that someone suggested returning the children to the mothers. At first glance this may appear a good idea. However, please consider...the mothers are the ones responsible for instilling the doctrines...not the Fathers. The Father is responsible for the Mothers..the mothers for the children. In most cases, the Fathers don't have hardly any relationship with their many children. This is why it is easier for them to trade them away to another man. (And yes, trade is the right word for it.) The mothers in this case are just as guilty for perpetuating the cycle as the fathers are. Albeit, the fathers have built a system that requires the women to do so.

I think the children should ONLY be returned to the mothers with close supervision...and probation.

can anyone hear me? LOL! Seriously I am not asking about those situations I'd other situations or anything to do with Mormons!! I am just asking what is so wrong with 15 yr olds marring and what is so wrong with having more than one wife?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

ok ty for the insight! And I also say that is wrong!!! But I am asking still... What is so wrong with marring at 15 or more than or wife?

Marrying more than one wife?

For starters, God set the pattern with Adam and Eve. One man, one woman, united as a couple in marriage.

Marrying at age 15?

Not legal therefor not acceptable. Personally many people are too young/ immature at age 20 to even marry. I would love to see stats on the ages people who are divorced the first time were married at. I got married late, and I know that I would not have made a good wife had I married younger. I just was not ready for it.

Consider this too. At age 15, a girl is deemed too young to make rational decisions about driving a car and so cant get a drivers license. Yet you think she should get married??? Driving a car take less maturity than making a marriage work or having children and raising them right. By our society's standards, she is still deemed a child. Not in the least ready for marriage.