IGNORED

is marrying off 15yr olds and multiple wifes a big deal?

Merin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Oh how I agree!! I cannot believe this person is actually defending these men and women. Unreal.

I'll thank you to show one time where I defended the FLDS or its members. They are wrong, and I've stated it since my very first post on this topic. However, I will not allow mistruths go by either. I've stated that the children shouldn't even be returned to mothers without supervision and oversight. My concern here is for MY family, and for MY ability to raise my children without gov't interference. If you think this is about protecting child-abusers then you have sorely mistaken my point.

It was one sided because she was a part of that mess at one time. :whistling:

Who better to tell what it's about then someone who lived it?

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

It wasn't my intent to malign you. I was only saying that it is unfair to use one paragraph out of someones story in this difficult situation to make your point. The details are important. Sure she feels that way now (thankfully) but there was a point in time where she believed in it and thats an important component. Thats the "other side" I was referring to.

BTW...thanks for the heads-up on the WE documentary tonight concerning this topic. I will definitely watch it.

To all you guys.... I don't wanna fight about whether or not the FLDS is right or wrong. I clearly believe that their doctrines and practices are seriously flawed and damaging to everyone involved. My concern in this case is ONLY in regard to the gov't actions in this case. Sure the 4th and 14th amendments aren't front page news but they are still important.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

The statement wasn't supposed to be liked...it was presented as a fact. If people insist on joining in this convo without knowing what they are talking about and acting like this is a big sex orgy for old men...I think someone should be here to tell the truth about it. The truth is that while it is sick, wrong, and sinful...they are not doing it for the sex. They are doing it to have babies in order to achieve Heavenly glory.

They can spin that yarn all they want and you can regurgitate all you like: Men 40+ marrying 13, 14 and 15 year old GIRLS is not about religion and beliefs. Religion and beliefs are smoke and mirrors to a man with justification for being a depraved pervert. These guys made this "religion" up, invented it, concocted it, imagined it and conceived it in their ENSLAVED minds for the purpose of feeding their flesh and the lusts thereof.

You can spin this crap of "their beliefs" all you like, but it's a smoke and mirrors lie to shield and cover over simple fornication, lust and sexual wickedness.

You may not be writing what you are looking for approval, but that doesn't make an expression of distaste by anyone here wrong simply because they think what you've written is a sick and perverted point of view.

What appears to be true is that you are, yourself, feeding on the debate itself -- you on one side and others on the other. THIS is not Christ-like unless one side is truly sin: What those men have done to those girls is sexually perverted sin -- point blank. There's no excusing it. No "religious" belief that makes it "Ok" -- NONE! You are defending the indefensible, no matter what spin or point of view you put on it. What those men have done is not justifiable -- explainable perhaps -- but no where near justifiable, right, good, wholesome and so on.

I agree with what this other person has said -- these young girls are not "breeding stock mares" to be "studded" to increase the "herd". We, they, us are people -- PEOPLE -- twisted, fallen, hurt, sinful and so on. Nothing about this can be condoned or otherwise justified. Again -- you are defending the indefensible.

They can spin that yarn all they want and you can regurgitate all you like: Men 40+ marrying 13, 14 and 15 year old GIRLS is not about religion and beliefs. Religion and beliefs are smoke and mirrors to a man with justification for being a depraved pervert. These guys made this "religion" up, invented it, concocted it, imagined it and conceived it in their ENSLAVED minds for the purpose of feeding their flesh and the lusts thereof.

You can spin this crap of "their beliefs" all you like, but it's a smoke and mirrors lie to shield and cover over simple fornication, lust and sexual wickedness.

You may not be writing what you are looking for approval, but that doesn't make an expression of distaste by anyone here wrong simply because they think what you've written is a sick and perverted point of view.

What appears to be true is that you are, yourself, feeding on the debate itself -- you on one side and others on the other. THIS is not Christ-like unless one side is truly sin: What those men have done to those girls is sexually perverted sin -- point blank. There's no excusing it. No "religious" belief that makes it "Ok" -- NONE! You are defending the indefensible, no matter what spin or point of view you put on it. What those men have done is not justifiable -- explainable perhaps -- but no where near justifiable, right, good, wholesome and so on.

I agree with what this other person has said -- these young girls are not "breeding stock mares" to be "studded" to increase the "herd". We, they, us are people -- PEOPLE -- twisted, fallen, hurt, sinful and so on. Nothing about this can be condoned or otherwise justified. Again -- you are defending the indefensible.

Sorry Sir...but you are wrong! And again...I am NOT defending them, or their actions so I'll kindly ask you to stop making that accusation. You clearly haven't read one iota about this religion, their doctrines, or their practices. You don't have to like it (heck, I don't even like it) but what I've written about them is true.

These guys didn't make this religion up. I don't even know where you got that. This religion was passed down to them by Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. You might be interested to know that there are actively 12 million people who follow their teachings as members of their church. There is even a major accredited University named after one of them. Thats who passed this legacy onto these "guys." They didn't make this stuff up. The founders of the Mormon church told them that if they wanted to get to heaven...this was the way! The still follow the precepts and doctrines set forth by these two men. They live their lives by the "bibles" ( I use the term loosely) and visions these two men claimed to have. It is absolutely preposterous to claim these FLDS people made this stuff up for sexual pleasure. I think its time for you to show some proof of your claims.

Again...the busting up of this group doesn't bother me one bit. I just wish it could have been done without eroding the rights of American citizens. Just wait until CPS finds out that the majority of the Christian church believes in beating their kids with straps of leather, sticks, household utensils, or even with their own hands! Maybe now they can just bust into any old church and start an investigation ripping children away from parents based on some random phony phone call. For the good of the kids of course.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.70
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

First, the most glaring difference between what Joseph Smith preached, the LDS version of polgamy, and the FLDS version is that there was a gene pool of thousands of women to marry and have children with. They didn't marry their wives' children or their brothers' children. Or their brothers' wives. There was no inbreeding. No incest. It is the opposite for the FLDS. Everyone is on a compound. Comings and goings are restricted. The same women are being impregnated by the same men over and over. There has to be inbreeding. There is most likely incest. There is most likely child abuse. I think that is why many are refusing to accept the "religion" explaination and "theology" excuses.

Second, can someone provide positive proof, not just reteric, that anyone's constitutional rights have been violated. Not just which rights or a discription of the rights in question but an evidentuary discription which would convince a person, ignorant of the circumstances we are discussing, that rights have been violated.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

I am truly distressed at the taking apart of these families!!! If marring 15yr olds and having more than one wife is the worst thing going on there... Geez bring their families back together!!!! Please share with me the terriblness of these things because I guess j am missing something.

Ummm, the whole thing is just sick. It is not right for an older man to marry a 15 year old child. If the kids are raised that way, their minds are brainwashed to believe these warped relationships. I think the State of Texas did the right thing.

We were discussing this in my family law class last week. The issue of multiple wives did not get the states attention, but when the kids (most of them who were under the age of statutory consent) were brought into this, that made it a whole new ballgame.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

Oh how I agree!! I cannot believe this person is actually defending these men and women. Unreal.

I'll thank you to show one time where I defended the FLDS or its members. They are wrong, and I've stated it since my very first post on this topic. However, I will not allow mistruths go by either. I've stated that the children shouldn't even be returned to mothers without supervision and oversight. My concern here is for MY family, and for MY ability to raise my children without gov't interference. If you think this is about protecting child-abusers then you have sorely mistaken my point.

i agree!!!!!!!! not many notice this huge step the government just took towards coming after our children....conserevative christians are not liked to much more than these types of people!!!!!! this country is not a christian theocracy thingy a bopper...it's a majority rules evintially....they are coming for us soon..............

Guest LadyC

i'm still trying to figure out, if WE are all so misinformed about the flds cult, how axman knows so much that he is able to present it as "fact".

here's my take... since we don't know what your background with the cult is, the former members who have come out and have spoken up about it have the most credibility as far as i'm concerned. sorry axxman, i'm just not buying your "facts".

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

i agree!!!!!!!! not many notice this huge step the government just took towards coming after our children....conserevative christians are not liked to much more than these types of people!!!!!! this country is not a christian theocracy thingy a bopper...it's a majority rules evintially....they are coming for us soon..............

What goes on in a conservative Christian's home and what goes on in FLDS compound in no way compares. :)

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

What goes on in a conservative Christian's home and what goes on in FLDS compound in no way compares. :)

to you maybe not....