IGNORED

is marrying off 15yr olds and multiple wifes a big deal?

Merin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

The yucky talk to me is the OP - one's view of women.

???what's op?

I believe it is Original Post

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Do you know they got rid of young boys because they'd be competition for the older men? Yuck. How do you condone this?

Sorry. That didn't work right before.

How do they do this?

Guest LadyC
Do you know they got rid of young boys because they'd be competition for the older men? Yuck. How do you condone this?

How do they do this?

when the original story broke a couple of years ago (cult leader warren jeffs on the run and finally caught and convicted for aiding in the rape of a teenager by an older relative by forcing her to marry him... an illegal marriage, by the way, like any second, third, or later marriage, or any marriage to a minor), many former cult members were interviewed. many of them were guys. when they become of age, the other cult members cut them off. they're not allowed to acknowledge they exist, not even their own parents or siblings. to acknowledge them or to help them in any way brings severe consequences. so the teenage boys end up being kicked out on the street and forced to leave the commune. this is what happens in that religion every day. boys are forced out completely, girls are forced into marriage with old perverts.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

How do they do this?

when the original story broke a couple of years ago (cult leader warren jeffs on the run and finally caught and convicted for aiding in the rape of a teenager by an older relative by forcing her to marry him... an illegal marriage, by the way, like any second, third, or later marriage, or any marriage to a minor), many former cult members were interviewed. many of them were guys. when they become of age, the other cult members cut them off. they're not allowed to acknowledge they exist, not even their own parents or siblings. to acknowledge them or to help them in any way brings severe consequences. so the teenage boys end up being kicked out on the street and forced to leave the commune. this is what happens in that religion every day. boys are forced out completely, girls are forced into marriage with old perverts.

Were they left with no birth certificates or anything to make it in the world?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

How do they do this?

Were they left with no birth certificates or anything to make it in the world?

kat, most of the boys are forced out at puberty, what good does a birth certificate do when you've been brought up in a totally insular society, and your kicked out at 13 or 14?????

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

kat, most of the boys are forced out at puberty, what good does a birth certificate do when you've been brought up in a totally insular society, and your kicked out at 13 or 14?????

This cult is SO messed up...it will take God to sort it out. What do they do with the young boys? They just dump them somewhere? Isn't that another crime? :emot-heartbeat:

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

This cult is SO messed up...it will take God to sort it out. What do they do with the young boys? They just dump them somewhere? Isn't that another crime? :emot-heartbeat:

Most of the places where stuff like this happens, EVERYBODY in town is part of the cult, police, sheriff, mayor..........everybody. Who are the kids gonna turn to??? Nobody seems to really care, I don't get it................. :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

I am truly distressed at the taking apart of these families!!! If marring 15yr olds and having more than one wife is the worst thing going on there... Geez bring their families back together!!!! Please share with me the terriblness of these things because I guess j am missing something.

Hi Merin,

I am appauled at your shallow view in looking at 15 yr olds marrying a man perhaps her own father I'm sure unwillingly and then those young girls have to share that man which is forbidden as it is sexual immorality which is also forbidden.

OC

I never said anything about 15yr olds marring their fathers!!!!!!!!

i never said anything about 15yr olds marring unwilllinglly!!!!

Thank so much

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

But taking g all test kids away from their moms and... I just am grieved... I hope in all this they hear Gods song that He sings over them!

I never condoned any of it...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, this was the original question:

I am truly distressed at the taking apart of these families!!! If marring 15yr olds and having more than one wife is the worst thing going on there... Geez bring their families back together!!!! Please share with me the terriblness of these things because I guess j am missing something.

He said he must be missing something, and so we were explaining to him what he was missing. :emot-hug: