Merin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

In some of his videos, he mentions God colors, rainbows, the environment, as do those who follow New Age and Latter Rain. He sat under WOF teachers and is linked to those of the Toronto gathering and the Kansas City Prophets. There is a lot about Todd that needs to brought out and discussed. As I view him from just the past four years, he has been moving into the Emergent Church movement, which, I must add, is not totally bogus. Yet, having a 40 foot angel appear to you and claim to have angels at his beckoning is dangerous beliefs. He also has written how he informs the Holy Spirit as to where he is going then tells the HS to come along. He has a lot backwards, according to scripture.

Neb, I am not purposely taking pot shots at Todd. I am warning you as a Brother in Christ to beware. This is what we are to do for the body. It is His love for you, coming through another. I can understand how seeing great signs and wonders can, and will, attract many, yet, one must know where these great signs and wonders are coming from in order to know the final results. Why else would Jesus tell us that there will be a falling away before He comes again? Falling away from what? From the truth.

I strongly urge every single Christian to dig into the Fresh Fire Ministries and the The Latter Rain yourselves. Dig into the Latter Rain Revivals and read how they are trying to get the world ready for the return of our Lord and Savior. Check into those who he has sat under and learned from. Understand his belief system. Don't just blindly follow him because of what is happening. Yes, God can use anything for His Glory, but that is God, not us.

Be Blessed Brothers and Sisters!

In His Love,

Alan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

In some of his videos, he mentions God colors, rainbows, the environment, as do those who follow New Age and Latter Rain. He sat under WOF teachers and is linked to those of the Toronto gathering and the Kansas City Prophets. There is a lot about Todd that needs to brought out and discussed. As I view him from just the past four years, he has been moving into the Emergent Church movement, which, I must add, is not totally bogus. Yet, having a 40 foot angel appear to you and claim to have angels at his beckoning is dangerous beliefs. He also has written how he informs the Holy Spirit as to where he is going then tells the HS to come along. He has a lot backwards, according to scripture.

Neb, I am not purposely taking pot shots at Todd. I am warning you as a Brother in Christ to beware. This is what we are to do for the body. It is His love for you, coming through another. I can understand how seeing great signs and wonders can, and will, attract many, yet, one must know where these great signs and wonders are coming from in order to know the final results. Why else would Jesus tell us that there will be a falling away before He comes again? Falling away from what? From the truth.

I strongly urge every single Christian to dig into the Fresh Fire Ministries and the The Latter Rain yourselves. Dig into the Latter Rain Revivals and read how they are trying to get the world ready for the return of our Lord and Savior. Check into those who he has sat under and learned from. Understand his belief system. Don't just blindly follow him because of what is happening. Yes, God can use anything for His Glory, but that is God, not us.

Be Blessed Brothers and Sisters!

In His Love,

Alan

Amen and Amen!!!!! You and all who are warning everyone keep preaching the truth :noidea: Praise God for the faithful.... and remember Jesus said we would be hated by the world for His Names sake..... I am very proud of You all who in love warn others of false prophets..... may the Lord bless You all and Keep You...And cause His Face to shine upon you..... :noidea:

I concede that his ministry is suspicious according to what I have seen and read. I have to ask though; What does satan have to gain from this type of spectacle? I would think he would not be too keen on praising Jesus. :noidea:

You may be right, but I wonder how the enemy would feel about keeping believers so busy inside the church that they never go out into the community and share the Gospel? I would be suspicious about any so called revival that didn't result in more folks going out and sharing Christ with others on an on going basis. The same with changed lives - do the folks stay changed over time, or go back to the way they were before?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Satan appreciates anything that distracts from the true Gospel being taught. It makes no difference if it's in a church, warehouse, video, internet, etc...........A twist on the Truth is a lie, plain and simple.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Merin, What a great topic!! Thank you!

Nebula, One Light, Man, etc.

Please, I am NOT taking "sides", just going through my own personal journey. Nebula, I have spiritual gifts and time on my face, soaking in His Presence is precious to me. I have learned that for me, "feeling His presence" is not valid indicator of another's ministry. I have felt His presence in meetings of those who support Todd, COGC, AoG, Woods, my basement, even old cathedrals who no longer preach the Truth. I know Him, He blesses me when my face is turned toward Him, regardless of my surroundings.

I personally know those who have seen "Emma", I have held a jewel which a 7 year old asked for after she saw the gems Emma gave in Idaho, and have been trained in a "school of the Prophets" - and yes, there is MUCH to learn which CAN be taught, history, biographies, biblical background.

2 Kings 2:7 And fifty men of the sons of <H1121> the prophets <H5030> went, and stood to view afar off, ....

That 50 of the men of the sons of the prophets went indicates that there were others who did not. Sons <H1121> is the loosest form of sons - meaning to build - sounds like it was a school to me.

I Corinthians 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

To me these verses would support the need for a school of the prophets, just as there is benefit for one to be schooled as a pastor or teacher or evangelist.... Prophet does not always mean one who tells the future, it can be one who is inspired (by Abba). In the School of the Prophets which I attended (one of the students went straight from there to an internship with Todd, I have not kept in touch with her), most of the time when Abba asks us to speak, it is His Word of encouragement, learning to hear His voice not just for us, but for those He places in our path, to know His heart for them, and to step out and speak when He says to speak, in a parking lot, walking down the street, etc. In this day where we so easily pass each other, it is helpful to learn from others how to break that distance so we can speak His love into the life of another as we go about our day. It is helpful to practice in class, so one can begin to discern when they are hearing their own thoughts and when they are hearing from Abba, as the other students will be honest with you, as they desire you to be honest with them. And it is absolutely mind blowing when the things He alone has spoken to you, come from the mouth a student, one you've never met, who is not yet 'trained', to confirm that the word is from Him. No you cannot BUY or SELL the gift; but whether you have "the gift" or not, it is valuable training to learn how to listen to His heart and share what He says with one He places in your path . He is NOT a gossip, He only shares what will benefit them, if you step out in faith and speak respectfully and humbly to them, and they listen. But, unfortunately, meeting space, travel, lodging, etc. all must be paid.

One of the lessons was on lawlessness. It was defined as being subject to those in "spiritual authority." That can create an environment for inbreeding of error. The Hebrew word for Law is Torah, meaning His law; yet, they allowed, almost encouraged, the teens and young adults to get tattoos with Bible verses, etc. Leviticus 19:28 "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." Seemed like lawlessness to me. But that was only one warning.

Last fall, some from the fellowship (who had the property on which Emma appeared) invited another, lesser known prophet for meetings. I was only there one night. His "new insights" seemed like warmed over New Age to me, but everyone else was "blessed", even those in "spiritual authority". Abba has allowed me to meet several 'New Age Christians' - even an ordained Baptist minister has been deceived, so I am fairly well versed about it. And the talk about the minister, not our Abba! Second warning.

Then, this week, I am blown away by Exodus 32:5 the Israelites declared a feast to Yahweh, but Yahweh denounced it as "turning aside from Him" - Yes, there was a golden calf involved, but they declared the feast to Yahweh, not another. So it seems we cannot worship Him in anyway we please, just because we say His Name, does not make it a worship of Him, it must also be according to the way which He has commanded. So, how has He commanded us to worship Him?

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. 24 G-d is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Spirit and Truth. There is no doubt spirit, just which one? New Agers can mix so freely with so many Christians right now. During the Exodus, the Egyptian magicians could do miracles for awhile, just like Moses "did"! So, signs and wonders from the enemy camp will come to bring confusion. Yes, Todd's team may fast and pray - So do the people of Islam (more than we do!!) How about the Truth? We are not to be deceived. Quite an assignment -- Sounds like carpet time to me (on your face before Him.)

And, no, it is not entirely fair to take my experiences with those who support Todd, I guess my concern is more with the entire movement, not just Todd (who, by the way, is fairly well established in some circles) But, speaks to some of its fruit. So, we have fruit to check, His Word, the words of the minister themselves, and the Spirit. May He open our eyes, may we see as He sees and follow in His ways.

Thank you for the links to Todd's site, I will use them. And Nebula, for the links to the services, what a blessing to be in His Presence.

Bless You, each one of you who have contributed. No conclusions yet, but the discussion has been timely and helpful. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Edited by His_Own

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was talking about this at my prayer group tonight, and a question was asked:

By whose power are all these people getting healed?

Are you willing to claim that Satan is healing people while they are singing praises to Jesus?

Would Satan cast out Satan while a person is singing, "Holy, holy, holy"?

Who do you say receives the credit for these healings?

I was talking about this at my prayer group tonight, and a question was asked:

By whose power are all these people getting healed?

Are you willing to claim that Satan is healing people while they are singing praises to Jesus?

Would Satan cast out Satan while a person is singing, "Holy, holy, holy"?

Who do you say receives the credit for these healings?

That question has been asked before.

If these people were truly healed....it was their faith in Christ that healed them....not Mr. Bentley

All the credit goes to God and only God.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Interesting statement His Own. May I ask what "school of the Prophets" did you attend?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If these people were truly healed....it was their faith in Christ that healed them....not Mr. Bentley

And Mr. Bentley never claimed otherwise. :thumbsup:

He gives it all to God - and he encourages people to pray for each other and not rely on him.

And Mr. Bentley never claimed otherwise. :thumbsup:

He gives it all to God - and he encourages people to pray for each other and not rely on him.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15

-----------------------------------------

This man places himself in a position above God.

Do you believe he has the ability to do that?