• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

I know what it means to be poor...but it's just business they are not out to get you...you can pay the same price for a car as the rich....except you dont have the money so you would have to pay interest on a loan...that's a good deal not a bad...

trust me you can get the same deal...do not let your bad feeling of being poor get to you...i am willing to bet i have been poorer with more kids homeless than you...not saying that in a mean way just trying to let you know that i have too been poor and have struggled with what you are talking about

like i said, by many people's standards, i wouldn't be seen as poor... but right now i certainly feel that way. i guess everyone does with the economy the way it is right now.

but you are wrong about the cars. yes, rich people buying on credit probably get roughly the same deal as a poor person buying on credit, except for the lower interest rate. what i'm saying though, is if a rich person pays CASH for a car out right (no financing), they get huge discounts off the price as well as not having to pay interest. i'm serious! you used to work at a dealership, so i'm sure you're aware of this, although you may never have run across anyone coming in to pay cash for a car during the few months you were in sales. but if during those months, you never had this experience, try this out... go to any car dealership (dressed like you have money), and be eyeballing a high-dollar car. ask to speak directly with the manager of the dealership, and make a cash offer that you know would be well below an offer they'd normally extend, and see how much they knock off.

i have a couple of rich relatives... they've gotten some amazing bargains by paying cash.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

My husband and I were in Sears buying a new BBQ last weekend and the lady in front of us was writing a check, you know...the old fashioned kind, no debit or credit card. Anyway, the clerk very rudely yelled to another store associate, "how do I do a transaction for the old fashioned checks where they write it and have no debit card". The woman was elderly and kept looking at us behind her apologizing and I assured her its the way the stores are being ran, NOT her. My husband was curious if the clerk was new and maybe this was the reason she didnt know, turns out she had been a cashier with them for over 3 yrs and yet had no idea how to cash a personal check for store merchandise. Its sad that its all coming down to this. Everyones in such a rush to get customers out sooner, and yet there are those like ATT and plenty others that charge fee's. Personally if youre paying with cash that should be the #1 thing to not be charged for because there is no possible returned check or bank card that wont go thru. When did this country become all about rushing the customers out, or charging us when thats why they sit there waiting for our calls to begin with, or even things like rushing our kids to grow up way too fast. Ive been blessed with the opportunity to live overseas in Europe while my husband was military, and we travel to Canada alot....these other countries arent like this. Why are we? Im not even sure who can answer this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Sooner or later, they all will be the same way. The word tells us that nobody will be able to buy or sell without the mark. To me, this means that money will already be a thing of the past.

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I am not saying in any way that this is right, but it sounds to me like they are not charging to take cash, but to be served by a live employee. The people would likely be charged the same if they wanted to pay at the store with a credit card. My bank used to charge me for seeing a teller more than twice a month, but I could use the ATM as much as I wanted.

When the mark comes, it will be a clear choice between God or the antichrist. To not be would be a trick, and the God of the Bible does not work by trickery- that is Satan's MO. Therefore I will not be afraid of anything that bears resemblance to this mark but does not make me choose against God. God is in control, no one else.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

amen!!!!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I am not saying in any way that this is right, but it sounds to me like they are not charging to take cash, but to be served by a live employee. The people would likely be charged the same if they wanted to pay at the store with a credit card. My bank used to charge me for seeing a teller more than twice a month, but I could use the ATM as much as I wanted.

When the mark comes, it will be a clear choice between God or the antichrist. To not be would be a trick, and the God of the Bible does not work by trickery- that is Satan's MO. Therefore I will not be afraid of anything that bears resemblance to this mark but does not make me choose against God. God is in control, no one else.

:21:

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

My husband and I were in Sears buying a new BBQ last weekend and the lady in front of us was writing a check, you know...the old fashioned kind, no debit or credit card. Anyway, the clerk very rudely yelled to another store associate, "how do I do a transaction for the old fashioned checks where they write it and have no debit card". The woman was elderly and kept looking at us behind her apologizing and I assured her its the way the stores are being ran, NOT her. My husband was curious if the clerk was new and maybe this was the reason she didn't know, turns out she had been a cashier with them for over 3 yrs and yet had no idea how to cash a personal check for store merchandise. Its sad that its all coming down to this. Everyones in such a rush to get customers out sooner, and yet there are those like ATT and plenty others that charge fee's. Personally if you're paying with cash that should be the #1 thing to not be charged for because there is no possible returned check or bank card that wont go thru. When did this country become all about rushing the customers out, or charging us when thats why they sit there waiting for our calls to begin with, or even things like rushing our kids to grow up way too fast. Ive been blessed with the opportunity to live overseas in Europe while my husband was military, and we travel to Canada alot....these other countries arent like this. Why are we? Im not even sure who can answer this.

It,s all about forcing everybody to do all of their financial transaction vie electronic transactions. If you don't want to be charged you have to buy things or pay your bills electronically.

Cingular for example would take your check at any of their stores to pay your bill. But then they started charging $2 a check and soon they will start charging $5.00 just to pay your bill at one of their stores. But it will cost you nothing extra to pay your bill online.

It is actually a world wide effort to force us to be a part of an E- commerce system that will cover the globe.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My how times have changed! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

AT&T is a rotten company all around. I should know-my mother works for the idiots.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

there are already places set up cashless..... they are actually using the "bio-chip" "veri-chip" to do this..... buying and selling using the chip at the check out stand.....

there also have been places that the chip is required for employment....

working it in very slowly....

an RFID ink is already here, one that can be tattoo'd even through hair (no need to have area cleared to be inserted) it comes in transparent, and also in colour.....

do not be too quick to dispose of this as being the beginning of the mark, it may well be. getting charged extra for cash, and discounts for using a card seem to be happening more and more....

i do not use a cashier-less checkout, if they do not have a checker, i do not go there. we pay most things in cash, and the rest by check (those things that have to go through the mail). no credit cards here....no, not one..... it has been over 13 years since i have had a credit card.....

owe no man anything, but love....

mike