The Crisis in Myanmar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Did I hear correctly that they decided to accept out help yesterday? Still, I see your point.

No, they're still not accepting our aid...now our government wants to airlift the aid into that country...good grief, what next? Are we going to just give them a big check? If they don't want millions in aid then ..... so be it. :rolleyes:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people have the thoughts that if they accept help, that they will be indebted to the person helping....

also would you want Al-quiada people coming over here lending a hand? providing assistance? or maybe another type of terror group/government? probably not..... to them that is what we are, they would be afraid of people coming in and taking over, as if they could not handle it and then staying there for an extended period of time and refusing to depart. I can see where another country would think this....

yes, it is a shame, they could have had assistance earlier, but at what cost would that assistance have come?

at first, those in the USA did not think we would have had such a rough time with the hurricane damage off the gulf coast, and if another country had come in to offer help at the very beginning, i am almost positive, the answer would have been now.

Christ offered us salvation.... how many times have we turned it down before we accepted it? is there any difference?

mike

Yes, there's a big difference. The Lord offers us eternal life....anyone would be insane to refuse. I'm talking about food, clothing, and medical aid.

And I don't see how you could make any kind of comparison between a terrorist organization and the United States....not even close to the same thing. Sure, they may be afraid of being taken over but why would they think that? Who would want to take over that wretched country? When did we ever offer aid and then invade the country? I also wonder why the Chinese aren't doing much .... if anything.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Basically faced with the same situation as Indonesia...truth about the government wants to be kept hidden even at the cost of many lives. :rolleyes:

Basically faced with the same situation as Indonesia...truth about the government wants to be kept hidden even at the cost of many lives. :rolleyes:

I think you're spot on with that; the govenment there obviously doesn't care how many die. Awful, just awful.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

some people have the thoughts that if they accept help, that they will be indebted to the person helping....

also would you want Al-quiada people coming over here lending a hand? providing assistance? or maybe another type of terror group/government? probably not..... to them that is what we are, they would be afraid of people coming in and taking over, as if they could not handle it and then staying there for an extended period of time and refusing to depart. I can see where another country would think this....

yes, it is a shame, they could have had assistance earlier, but at what cost would that assistance have come?

at first, those in the USA did not think we would have had such a rough time with the hurricane damage off the gulf coast, and if another country had come in to offer help at the very beginning, i am almost positive, the answer would have been now.

Christ offered us salvation.... how many times have we turned it down before we accepted it? is there any difference?

mike

Yes, there's a big difference. The Lord offers us eternal life....anyone would be insane to refuse. I'm talking about food, clothing, and medical aid.

And I don't see how you could make any kind of comparison between a terrorist organization and the United States....not even close to the same thing. Sure, they may be afraid of being taken over but why would they think that? Who would want to take over that wretched country? When did we ever offer aid and then invade the country? I also wonder why the Chinese aren't doing much .... if anything.

eternal life would be more important, yet, there are (as you put it) a vast majority of the people of this world are insane, for they do not know Christ nor have they accepted it,

physical life, for them is what is important, yet, they have also rejected the aid for that......

as far as taking over a country, sheesh, those countries boarders change almost as fast as some soldiers change their shirts.....

is it not noticed that almost every leadership change, there is a bunch of violence that goes on? a coo (sp)...

people in the USA also have the same fear, ever watched the stock markets during election years? a good number of people i know, pull everything out of their bank accounts and even pull their 401's prior to an election taking place and then wait until the economy settles down.... one friend said he was meaning to pull his but lost track of time and said it is too late to pull it now, for he has just lost close to 100 grand. said he will leave it and after the elections are over, it will come back, not as fast as if he had pulled it though....

in the 1960's we were paranoid that we might get a communist in office, now it is an islamic... this country is still living in fear from the 9/11 incident. would you want an islamic group coming over to "help out" with a major disaster? to people in other countries, we are no different in their eyes then islamic terrorist are in ours.

you are right, there is a big difference between physical and spiritual life, but those that do not know Christ, have no clue as to what lies ahead...... if rejected, both the physical assistance will lead to death as well as rejecting the spiritual assistance leads to death......

either way, rejection leads to death....

mike

:noidea:

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. Proverbs 12:1

Update on the Myanmar crisis....this is what so many feared would happen. And why they just want stuff and money without foreign aid workers to oversee distribution. It's disgusting. In this case, the U.N. would be justified in taking over that country....they should be of some use....... :24:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080513/ap_on_re_as/myanmar

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1987

i'm insulted by it... but it isn't the first time. didn't one of the areas hit hard by the tsunami in 04 pull the same stuff? here's my opinion.... we should offer assistance, but if a country puts conditions on how they are willing to receive it, or if they turn it down, we should withdraw the offer and never offer again.

Why? We need to focus on Jesus. We need to look at everything in relation to God. If they change their mind and open their country to us, we should go. Hopefully, there will be possibilities for some christians to go there and share the Gospel. For everything there is a time, for everything there is a reason. We need to leave our feelings out of it.

Honestly, I don't think thats what was meant. They were denying our help as a government agency offering financial and practical aid. I think we need to leave missionaries out of this conversation until called for.

:laugh:

Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Luke 10:2

:whistling:

To Die Without The LORD Is To Know The Wrath Of God - Forever

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

To Die With The lord Is To Know His Joy - Forever

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

:whistling:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING OF KINGS