• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Why does God allow so much pain? Is God strong enough to stop some of it? I don't understand. :emot-heartbeat::emot-highfive: :emot-highfive: :th_praying:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does God allow so much pain? Is God strong enough to stop some of it? I don't understand. :emot-heartbeat::emot-highfive: :emot-highfive: :th_praying:

He can stop it all.

Faith.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

God allows us free choice. Our choices either give us pain or give us joy. For instance a person chooses to smoke and gets lung cancer. Is that God's fault? The pain is real, but the choice was by the person who chose to smoke. Now, what about the person who gets lung cancer by breathing second hand smoke? That's where the it gets trickier. We do live in a fallen world. God created Paradise - Eden - and put Adam and Eve there. He gave them one rule - don't eat the Forbidden Fruit. They made a choice and all of Creation was affected.

Now, everyone today has choices. Who we marry, what our hobbies are, if we take drugs, if we are sexually permiscuous. The most important choice is that of obeying God or not. There are many people who choose not to follow God and do evil things to others. There people to say they are Christians and do evil to others. It hurts so much. Emotional hurts can, and do, show up in physical hurts. You have had plenty of both. But once we accept Christ we need to allow Him to change us. Letting go of yesterday is very difficult. You will feel better when you finally get rid of all of your wiccan things. Also, forgiving those who hurt you. This doesn't mean you need to be buddy-buddy with your brother, but if you can forgive him in your heart, you will feel better. If you allow God to heal you, you will find the pain eases.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Guest POC777

God allows things bad things to happen for a reason, for His purpose, plan and perfect will. We will not always understand what happens in this world including our lives, but He knows exactly why people go through so much pain.

It hurts Him each time there's injustice in this world, including the death of someone(Ezekiel 18:32)

In the beginning, God created everything perfect including Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were made with a freewill to choose and moral perfection--sin didn't exist. In the Garden, there was nothing negetive but always positive and the couple had fellowship with God everyday.

The negetive came when Satan came into Eden, tempted Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, she disobeyed God's command and Adam and both spiritually died on that day. Both fell into sin and it spread corrupting the human race.

God created man with a freewill to choose to follow Him or rebel against Him. He didn't create us without a freewill like robots saying "I love you, I love you".

God will never force His love upon anyone, that is not love. He waits at the door of their heart like a gentleman(Rev 3:20)

The Bible teaches that God created man righteous but decided to corrupt themselves.(Ecclesiastes 7:29)

God didn't bring pain and suffering in the beginning, man decided to rebell against God by their freewill. That's why today we see violence, war, famine,suffering and so on.

Adam messed up and brought sin into world(Rom 5:12)

We read in Romans 6:23 "For wages of sin is death", it was sin that brought pain, suffering, loss, diseases, decay and death.

The Bible teaches:

God tells us His ways and thoughts are beyond reasoning(Isaiah 55:8-9)

God doesn't change(James 1:17)

God is sovereign(1 Samuel 14:6)

God uses the evil in this world for good(Romans 8:28)

God is in control(1 Chronicles 29:12)

Hope that helps!

Anymore questions feel free to ask!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hope this helps ..... http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t023.html :th_praying:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

God is omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing), and absolutely benevolent (all-perfectly-good). The reason that there is any suffering in the world is because mankind invited sin into his life. I do not suggest that a person's sin is always a direct cause to his own suffering... sometimes it is. But sin is the ultimate reason that suffering is permitted to persist.

The only result of sin is destruction. Although some people may prosper - for a time - in their sinful ways, they cause others misery along the way... and ultimately will cause misery upon themselves. Either they die in their sin and spend eternity apart from the eternal living God or they recognize their sin and repent with godly sorrow, forsaking all that they once thought was for their own gain.

In my opinion, the reason that God allows sin and the resultant suffering to continue is to prove to us that there is no hope in sinful living. Sin left to its own course will destroy even itself. Eventually it will be shown to all the world by the majestic love and glory of Jesus (to the surprise of so many who will have believed His return was a myth) that the only hope for life is without sin.

If God were to raise His hand against sin and stop it in an instant, what would we think?... Would you suspect that there was something about sin that God wanted to hide from us? Would you think that God was afraid of sin?

God is all-knowing and I am certain that it pains Him so much more to see the suffering of men than it pains us - the same way a loving parent suffers greater over a child's pain than his or her own child does. God is so patient that He does not want any to perish and in His timing will bring all of those who would be saved into salvation forever. Sometimes we despise His patience, but imagine if He had not waited for you to turn from your sin... Until we see Him as He is, we will not fully comprehend, but I pray that these words can be a comfort to you, angelique, in the mean time.

Guest zoe-girl

PM me somtime if you would like and we can chat~

And I will keep you in thought and prayer~

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Why does God allow so much pain? Is God strong enough to stop some of it? I don't understand. :th_praying::laugh::) :)

Lamentations

3:37

Who is there who speaks and it happens,

unless the Lord has ordained [it]?

3:38

Do not both adversity and good

come from the mouth of the Most High?

Amos

3:6

If a ram's horn is blown in a city,

aren't people afraid?

If a disaster occurs in a city,

hasn't the Lord done it?

Micah

1:12

Though the residents of Maroth

anxiously wait for something good,

calamity has come from the Lord

to the gate of Jerusalem.

Isaiah

45:7

I form light and create darkness,

I make success and create disaster;

I, the Lord, do all these things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

:th_praying::laugh: dear freind i do not know the why of some of the sufferings or ordeals that we are faced with in this life.The Bible does show in Job not all are the result of our own actions but are used for teaching others and ourselves. i do know we can go through them with His help and grow in grace and love and strength through Him or try to face them alone and be overcome by them. this life is brief even if long and pleasant it is a mere vapor passing quickly. so too are our sorrows here in comparison to eternity.

i can tell you to trust the Lord and to praise Him through all that you are going through because He is Holy and deserving of our praise depsite what happens in this life because He has made a way for us to be reconciled to Him with His very blood. His faithfullness and love is our strength and help in time of need. draw closer to Him during this time. :) praying for you dear freind.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?view...05cdd0d05762041

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David