• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Why all the mental gymnastics to excise tolerance yet again? Good grief. This is just another example of Muslims imposing their sick beliefs on American society. Yep, this kid was a jerk and not all Muslim kids are jerks. So what? Add it all up and smell the coffee. This society must not allow any of the Islamic beliefs to impact the way the rest of us behave. If they don't want to have Christians even pray on campus, how dare we be so foolish as to tolerate their intolerance?

This while we allow time for their prayers, provide a place for foot washing, don't we even provide prayer rugs?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Well then I'm afraid we will have to remain in disagreement. Being a jerk to teachers is not a trait exclusively claimed by Muslim students.

You are also generalizing to a large degree. Just because there were isolated incidents of people asserting their beliefs (wrongly might I add) does not mean it applies to all Muslims.

You couldn't be further off, Hamburgers. It DOES apply to all of muslims. A good muslim is bound by the Qu'ran to overcome, outbreed, and spread islam by every means available and by the sword if necessary. And they have a pat script they follow when they reach a certain level of population in a nonmuslim country. (Ask the French.) They are the enemy and the only trustworthy muslim is a dead one. Read up on islam....then say it's no big deal. :41:

Generally I tend to agree with your positions on issues (or at least partially), but I guess this is a place where we won't be able to see eye to eye. And that's ok! :laugh:

Islam is quite similar to Christianity in that both believe that their religion is the correct one. Both religions advocate the spreading of their message to other places because they think their beliefs are true. Islam differs from Christianity in that countries under the rule of Islam specifically outline different places for non-believers and charge them an additional tax. This is in my opinion a great flaw in the religion.

I have studied Islam, I'm actually just finishing up a history class on Islam in Iran, and it's been pretty fascinating. I think one thing to pull out of the religion however is the similarities in the different types of Muslims and Christians. Both groups have a small group of fanatics that use the religion to serve evil ends, and here is where problems arise. In Christianity here is where you find the polygamists, the child molesters, the people that storm funerals with "God hates Fags" signs, the ones who want Israel to nuke middle eastern countries etc. On the Islamic side you have the same fanatics, albeit generally more violent. Here are the terrorists, the suicide bombers, the ones who try to plot revolution or create Sharia Law. \

Yet the majority of Muslims, just like the Majority of Christians, are not in this group. Most are honestly just trying to get by in this life. They don't want to shake things up, and while they might privately oppose of things other groups do, they are generally happy just to be left alone and allowed to practice their beliefs.

On a similar note, Muslims aren't like the borg; they aren't Mohhamadian robots who as a collective are trying to breed in a non-Muslim country, out-populate the existing population and overthrow the rule in the country. They are individuals who share beliefs which I might add are about as varied as the different sects in Christianity. The general beliefs boil down to be the same things though: belief in a higher power, a code of moral laws to follow, and the recognition in an afterlife provided they do what is required of them on earth.

To revisit the issue of the high-schooler and the teacher w/dog, the issue boils down to the fact that an unkind act was performed by a Muslim child. That doesn't mean that Islam is to blame any more than Christianity is to blame for a group of kids beating up a homosexual child. The problem is our country in general is afraid of Islam due to 9/11 and our occupation in Iraq. We look at the bad things happening, and see what happened to us and immediately try to explain it away. Therefore we look at the perpetrators and see several things:

-They worship a different God than us

-They speak a different angry-sounding language

-They have different skin than we do

-They have different customs than we do.

This generates suspicion due to the differences, and then when bad things happen we just wrap it back up into a "blame Islam" package. Sometimes this is acceptable, for example the whole cabbie thing about not driving people who have alcohol was silly and unacceptable. Yet we take this too far and apply that mindset to every Muslim, only furthering our suspicion and resistance to their culture. This mindset that 'every Muslim wants to destroy us' is the reason that an incident such as the one in the OP gets blown out of proportion. Instead of it being a simple matter of discipline, it becomes a personal attack on our country from a suspicious Muslim.

Ok, time to go study again :41:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

What does the article have to do with islam? Did you actually read the whole thing? This lis an ongoing problem, as noted in the article.

The article mentioned that Muslim cabbies have been a problem, which is hilariously unrelated to the topic of animal abuse.

Sure the cabbie thing is seemingly unrelated but.....as I said before: they follow a pat script once their population level reaches a certain point. They begin to try to take over; read the Qu'ran for yourself. I don't hate muslims but I do recognize them for what they are....minions of satan who are duty bound to kill or enslave Christians and Jews and to establish the new caliphate. That is the truth, Lorax, and while it may be ugly....it's undeniable. They need to left in peace as long as they live by our laws and societal mores but they need to be shown that the only rights they have here are the same ones granted to everyone else. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Generally I tend to agree with your positions on issues (or at least partially), but I guess this is a place where we won't be able to see eye to eye. And that's ok! :laugh:

Islam is quite similar to Christianity in that both believe that their religion is the correct one. Both religions advocate the spreading of their message to other places because they think their beliefs are true. Islam differs from Christianity in that countries under the rule of Islam specifically outline different places for non-believers and charge them an additional tax. This is in my opinion a great flaw in the religion.

I have studied Islam, I'm actually just finishing up a history class on Islam in Iran, and it's been pretty fascinating. I think one thing to pull out of the religion however is the similarities in the different types of Muslims and Christians. Both groups have a small group of fanatics that use the religion to serve evil ends, and here is where problems arise. In Christianity here is where you find the polygamists, the child molesters, the people that storm funerals with "God hates Fags" signs, the ones who want Israel to nuke middle eastern countries etc. On the Islamic side you have the same fanatics, albeit generally more violent. Here are the terrorists, the suicide bombers, the ones who try to plot revolution or create Sharia Law. \

Yet the majority of Muslims, just like the Majority of Christians, are not in this group. Most are honestly just trying to get by in this life. They don't want to shake things up, and while they might privately oppose of things other groups do, they are generally happy just to be left alone and allowed to practice their beliefs.

On a similar note, Muslims aren't like the borg; they aren't Mohhamadian robots who as a collective are trying to breed in a non-Muslim country, out-populate the existing population and overthrow the rule in the country. They are individuals who share beliefs which I might add are about as varied as the different sects in Christianity. The general beliefs boil down to be the same things though: belief in a higher power, a code of moral laws to follow, and the recognition in an afterlife provided they do what is required of them on earth.

To revisit the issue of the high-schooler and the teacher w/dog, the issue boils down to the fact that an unkind act was performed by a Muslim child. That doesn't mean that Islam is to blame any more than Christianity is to blame for a group of kids beating up a homosexual child. The problem is our country in general is afraid of Islam due to 9/11 and our occupation in Iraq. We look at the bad things happening, and see what happened to us and immediately try to explain it away. Therefore we look at the perpetrators and see several things:

-They worship a different God than us

-They speak a different angry-sounding language

-They have different skin than we do

-They have different customs than we do.

This generates suspicion due to the differences, and then when bad things happen we just wrap it back up into a "blame Islam" package. Sometimes this is acceptable, for example the whole cabbie thing about not driving people who have alcohol was silly and unacceptable. Yet we take this too far and apply that mindset to every Muslim, only furthering our suspicion and resistance to their culture. This mindset that 'every Muslim wants to destroy us' is the reason that an incident such as the one in the OP gets blown out of proportion. Instead of it being a simple matter of discipline, it becomes a personal attack on our country from a suspicious Muslim.

Ok, time to go study again :41:

Thanks for an uplifting post, OH!

Conservative Islam is an obvious threat to soceity, but so is extremism of all kinds. We shouldn't ever forget that.

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Sure the cabbie thing is seemingly unrelated but.....as I said before: they follow a pat script once their population level reaches a certain point. They begin to try to take over; read the Qu'ran for yourself. I don't hate muslims but I do recognize them for what they are....minions of satan who are duty bound to kill or enslave Christians and Jews and to establish the new caliphate. That is the truth, Lorax, and while it may be ugly....it's undeniable. They need to left in peace as long as they live by our laws and societal mores but they need to be shown that the only rights they have here are the same ones granted to everyone else.

It's remarkable--you and I use such vastly different rhetoric that we tend to clash even though we agree on the fundamental points. :laugh:

I think that the Qu'ran, taken to the letter, is a very dangerous thing. But I don't think most Muslims are so extreme. Many are apathetic if not disenchanted with their sham of a religion, and they simply won't obey its more insane and destructive commands. The only way Muslims will take over this country is with the assent of our government like you see in Europe. I hope and pray this won't happen, but I'm quite sure it won't for a number of reasons.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Burgers,

The general beliefs boil down to be the same things though: belief in a higher power, a code of moral laws to follow, and the recognition in an afterlife provided they do what is required of them on earth.

This is where the moral relativism ends though my friend. In Christianity Salvation or the afterlife has nothing whatsoever to do with anything you might try to do or achieve here on earth. :laugh: College courses on Religion are very poor places to receive your information about Christianity.

Peace,

Dave

Tell me more about this "pat script." I am curious.

Sure thing. From the ATAW website. Colonel Hickman sites his references as well. :th_praying:

By: Col. Gerry Hickman, USAF-retired

The U.S. Government has repeatedly told us that Islam is a religion of peace. Like me, most Americans want to think so, tending to think of all religions as having much in common. Aside from what President Bush has said, as more and more Muslims arrive in our country, some Christian hierarchies are now also urging us to respect not only the Muslem faith but also its customs and culture. Without even slightly dismissing the views of politicians and theologians, I have also been reading about Islam and the clash of modern civilization.

To my surprise, I found that an impressive array of respected scholars beginning with Samuel Huntington of Harvard (The Clash of Civilizations) is sounding an alarm that at least merits our consideration.

Reflecting on their findings, I have concluded that, in truth, everyone does not look at life as I do. Like almost all Americans, I am imbued with American ideals that make it impossible for me to automatically brand an individual or group as undesirable until they prove such to be the case.

My study of Huntington and other scholars has caused me to think perhaps our ready acceptance of everyone we Americans meet might better be tempered with a little caution. Our best scholars are warning us to be more careful; to recognize that the beliefs and ways of other peoples are not necessarily even similar to ours.

Before you think perhaps I have gone off the deep end, let me assure you that I have approached the subject of Islam with an open mind, looking for unbiased critiques. Certainly, my study of the Islamic outlook has caused me to broaden my thinking. You might want to do the same, or you might choose to dismiss my thinking as unsound. That is your choice.

On the other hand, if you do take the time and make the effort to learn more about Islam, you might like me

Ok, time to go study again :th_praying:

I'm glad you're studying islam, Hamburgers, because knowledge is power. Don't expect to meet actual islam in college though; you need to read the Qu'ran. Also see my post to Lorax which cites some findings by various people. Then relate those findings to what is going on in Europe and starting right here in the U.S. You may be surprised.

They are not like us; they are not a religion, they are not appeasable and they have to be stopped.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1976

Ok, time to go study again :emot-cheering:

I'm glad you're studying islam, Hamburgers, because knowledge is power. Don't expect to meet actual islam in college though; you need to read the Qu'ran. Also see my post to Lorax which cites some findings by various people. Then relate those findings to what is going on in Europe and starting right here in the U.S. You may be surprised.

They are not like us; they are not a religion, they are not appeasable and they have to be stopped.

Indeed. College is the last place you will learn the truth about Islam. It has been a violent and disgusting religion since it's founding, and has no signs of stopping anytime soon. They were set back for a few centuries by the crusades, but that has come to an end. Read what Mr. Dinner Jacket in Iran is saying, and then dismiss Islam as a threat.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

There is only one problem with the above scenario. When you mention Christians practicing polygamy,child molesting, protesting funerals, etc., yes, you are talking about a minority, and a fringe group, however: These actions are outside of acceptable Christian behavior, and every single one of those actions is condemned by scripture. So no, mainstream Christians do not do these things because we do not believe in them, and we know they are wrong.

Militant Muslims are acting in ways that the quran calls calls for them to. It is called jihad. Muslims are to subjegate the world through peaceful conversion, if possible, or violence, if neccesary. So to say that the majority of Muslims are not militant and/or violent, what you are actually saying is that they are not good Muslims, and they are not pursuing the goals and practices of their religion as they should.

The two are total and complete opposites. You are comparing a minority of Christians who are acting in ways they should not, and that are condemned by scripture, with the majority of Muslims who do not engage in violence and terrorism, and are not practicing what their religion calls for. Those two things are diametrically opposed.

Well only about 1 in 100 Muslims are currently terrorist. ( source) This was a pretty balanced report in my mind. Do you really think that 90+ % of Muslims are incorrectly following their faith? :emot-cheering: Personally I'd rather believe they are more correct on the understanding of their religion than we are about theirs from a less knowledgeable position.

As for Jihad, it's actually supposed to be predominantly a spiritual battle within oneself. Minor Jihad has several forms, and yes one of them is Jihad of the sword. Yet it is not that Muslims should actively go out and conquer, it is more a defensive measure.

Matthitjah:

This is where the moral relativism ends though my friend. In Christianity Salvation or the afterlife has nothing whatsoever to do with anything you might try to do or achieve here on earth. thumbsup.gif College courses on Religion are very poor places to receive your information about Christianity.

I disagree with your comment about salvation. You have to be saved and accept Jesus as your salvation... that does require earthy achievements of the spirit. Maybe you thought I was talking about physical deeds, but I didn't mean to imply that.

I haven't taken any courses on Christianity in college because I've learned plenty about it's teachings and the Bible during my childhood. I took the Islam in Iran course because I didn't know much about the religion beforehand. My professor is an England native who has written quite a few books on the topic of Iran, and has spent a large part of his life touring the middle east and being immersed in the culture. I honestly can't think of a better person to learn about the region from.