• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

You sould do some Bible study and really understand what God has to say about the sin of homosexuality. I've noticed that if someone wants to stay in their sin they can twist scripture to say anything they want it to say, and this is no exception. You might want to look up some of the threads on this board, too, to see what what the "defense" of homosexuality says, as well as how Christian's have answered the arguments.

You see, it's not whether or not your friends see anything wrong with it, it's what God thinks. If they say one thing, but live an opposite lifestyle then one must question their faith. Are they saved? That's between them and God. Are they out of fellowship and missing out on blessings? Without a doubt they are.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

A perhaps different perspective is what is the pastor doing to bring these (I assume) outwardly gay men into correctness with God? Is he just ignoring it or is he preaching sermons about sexual sin? Not just homosexual sin, but also hetero sin. About cohabitation (living together)? Ignoring blatant sin within the Church is a recipe for distruction and a falling away. The first thing that I would do is go to my pastor and voice my concerns.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

A perhaps different perspective is what is the pastor doing to bring these (I assume) outwardly gay men into correctness with God? Is he just ignoring it or is he preaching sermons about sexual sin? Not just homosexual sin, but also hetero sin. About cohabitation (living together)? Ignoring blatant sin within the Church is a recipe for distruction and a falling away. The first thing that I would do is go to my pastor and voice my concerns.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Pastors are there to pastor their flock. Some can be pretty slack in this area at times, granted, but this issue needs to be addressed by church leadership.

Struggling with sin is different to willfully doing it and justifying yourself. These guys are activly sinning. In the new testament, the entire church congregation was called in to expel an immoral member if they refused to change and accept them back if they did change.

Your church leadership needs to know. If they already do and are just ignoring it - you might need to start praying into finding a new church, because that isn't a healthy one and could be why these guys are there in the first place. (Because they know their sin will be ignored or condoned.)

To lie to these people about their sin will not help them. Think about trying to explain that to God on judgment day.

Talk to your pastors. Part of christianity is helping each other on the path. Sometimes that means confrontation and rebuking in love. If they don't accept it - that's not your responsiblity. If you're not even sure how to approach the subject - just give them the scriptures and leave it with them. If they don't want to change - their blood is on their own heads and between them and God, (and the pastors - if the leaders refuse to do anything about it.)

Edited by yesult

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

i feel for you in this tough situation. i do have a friend that is homosexual as well, and as long as she respects my feelings on the matter, i do not push my beliefs that have been made clear in the past. if the topic comes up it is her doing, and in those instances i remind her of the truth. the one thing i am not sure of about your situation is whether your friends are openly acting out this sin in front of you, as far as public displays of affection and the like. because to me this opens the door for discussion, because i will not sit back and watch this, the same as i am about any other type of open sin i see from any of my friends. perhaps my attitude is regarded as wrong by some, but i feel that if we turn our backs on those who need to open their eyes most, who then will reach them. at least i can set some kind of example and still try to open her eyes, so my suggestion would be to do the same whenever possible.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/18/1966

[q]I find this an incredible struggle. They are both nice people and I am happy to call them both my friends. But I find the idea of them calling themselves Christian and going to church very hard when they continue to also be homosexual. I am not sure what sort of a stance I should take on this[/q] You state your struggling with this, is God prompting you for some sort of resopnse? In Gal. 2:11 "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I (Paul) withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed." Paul saw that Peter was infuancing the people about circumcision, contrary to what was true. Peter was more concerned with the higher ups in the congregation, than stating the truth he knew. Just read Gal. Chap. 2, I know it can be hard, we are not Paul, but we are called to defend the gospel of truth. Have you let them know your feelings concerning this issue, that may be all that is required of you, that you take a biblical stand. It can be done in a nice way, not in a mean one. Just point out that as christians we believe the whole word, including what is said about homosexuality, and that like every other sin, we are to repent of them. It doesn't matter how we feel, because God made the rules. He's the father, we the children are to obay, and if we disagree we need to pray to come in line with him, not the other way around. :th_praying: Praying for you, may God guide you in this.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I don't know where to start with this! Here are my random thoughts...

Calling yourself a christian doesn't make you a christian. Christians are identifiable by their actions.

1 John 1

6(T)If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we (U)lie and (V)do not practice the truth;

7but if we (W)walk in the Light as (X)He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and (Y)the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 2

3(G)By this we know that we have come to (H)know Him, if we (I)keep His commandments.

4The one who says, "(J)I have come to (K)know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a (L)liar, and (M)the truth is not in him;

5but whoever (N)keeps His word, in him the (O)love of God has truly been perfected (P)By this we know that we are in Him:

6the one who says he (Q)abides in Him

Edited by MummieOscar

Guest lovinghim4ever
The sin of homosexual behavior is not different than the sins of adultry, lying, gluttony and being hypocritical.etc. I believe they can be Christians. I know many Christians who are living with sin in their lives. You name me one Christian who does not sin and I will anoint his feet. There are none except Jesus.

A sin is a sin. But the good news, we can be forgiven from our sins.

I see no reason to be more critical of them than you would be of a friend who lies.

Until they come to see their lifestyle as a sin, they will continue.

If it were me, I would keep the friendship and use every opportunity to minister to them.

:noidea::38: I have been witnessing to two very dear friends for a while now about this very thing. I have not judged them or condemned them. I do not accept sin, but I do accept them as friends who are struggling. My non-judgmental/non-condemning acceptance of them has made a very big difference in their lives. They are slowly lowering their defensive walls, and now they listen to me in a more open and inquisitive way. They are beginning to listen without fear of being bashed. They are beginning to ask questions that they use to not want the answers to. Because I have loved them unconditionally, they are making progress. GOD gets all the glory!

How do u help them overcome in love if, say, they dont see anything wrong with it?

You pray for them. I know that sounds like a cop-out answer, but it really itsn't. You see, we all have something called freewill, and we are all entitled to our own freewill. No one but God can take it from us, and for some reason He chooses not to take it from us. We cannot MAKE people do what we believe is right. We can only pray for them, and leave them in God's hands. We must love the person committing the sin, but we don't have to accept sin.

I have written, "Love regardless," in the front of my Bible. How to best love your friends seems the issue.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Exactly! Unconditional love. That's how God loves us, and that's how He wants us to love each other.

Sin is sin, and there is no difference in OPENLY defying God or SECRETLY defying God. He knows it all anyway. We as Christians have to (as Pamiam has already said) "Love Regardless." I learned a long time ago that I CANNOT change anyone but myself, so I let my beliefs be known, pray for others and let God work out the kinks.

Condemnation and judgment drives people away. Love and compassion draws people in.

:emot-hug::wub::emot-hug: