• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

My ex son-in-law was diagnosed as a sociopath by a board certified psychiatrist in my daughter's divorce, even tho he still won custody because he had more money. He then raised the kids from ages 4 & 5.

They are now 20 and 22. It seems they both inherited this trait, at least in part. Or it's from being raised by him. Of course I never stop praying, but how does God view the resulting behavior, and can He heal them of this? Even if they don't see it or care?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

My ex son-in-law was diagnosed as a sociopath by a board certified psychiatrist in my duaghter's divorce, even tho he still won custody because he had more money. He then raised the kids from ages 4 & 5.

They are now 20 and 22. It seems they both inherited this trait, at least in part. Or it's from being raised by him. Of course I never stop praying, but how does God view the resulting behavior, and can He heal them of this? Even if they don't see it or care?

The sins caused by the sociopathic tendencies are the same as any other. Unfortunately, if they are true sociopaths, then they will feel justified in their deviant behaviors because a symptom is a lack of remorse. God is the only one who can convict their hearts. Be a praying Grandmother (as I'm sure you are) and allow God's light to shine through you. I don't have my Bible in front of me, but Romans ch. 8 is a beautiful chapter on God's grace and deliverance from sin. Know that our God is stronger than any psychological condition.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

God can use many vehicles to heal. He sometimes uses miracles, but He also uses healthcare professionals as well as counselors

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

and can He heal them of this?

Yes, He can. :emot-prettywink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I have been praying for loved ones with mental disorders most of my life. I have seen the intervening hand of God over and over. But it is not easy and it takes all kinds of perseverance.

The one thing I have learned is that in praying for these people I must look ONLY at the LORD and not at the persons and their behavior. When I pray I concentrate on the abilities and characteristics of God and I remember that HE is TOTAL GOD. And each time I end a prayer session I leave the persons at the foot of the cross. I have learned that I must give all heart ache and worry over to the Lord and trust in HIM completely. In other words I have learned to keep them released. If we bind up people through worry and anxiety etc then we effectively cut off the intervening hand of God in answering OUR prayers. Whatsoever is bound on earth is bound in heaven has many meanings. And one, at least, is that we must keep people released from ourselves.

Also I have learned to pray every kind of prayer I can think of. I ask. I am thankful. I meditate upon the intervening power of the LORD. I bind the enemy in the Name of Jesus. At different times of course as the Holy Spirit leads. I use scripture. And I KNOW that God hears and answers.

Perseverance is the key word. Keep on seeking God. He will NOT fail you.

You will have many blessings as you so consistently seek the LORD.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

There is something i remember ...the sins of the father falls on the child. It seems harsh but very possible that the sickness also falls on the child - being hereditary also passed over to the child and the shame is that through the confession of their mouth they can get healing!!

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

There is something i remember ...the sins of the father falls on the child. It seems harsh but very possible that the sickness also falls on the child - being hereditary also passed over to the child and the shame is that through the confession of their mouth they can get healing!!

But of course part of the condition is they don't realize, nor would they ever, that they have it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

But of course part of the condition is they don't realize, nor would they ever, that they have it.

Yes 'kat8585' you are entirely right - but with due respect - is that not our duty to be telling them of His Healing?

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

God is usually pretty good at getting His point across.

Pray for them continuously. :)