Autistic child banned from Church

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

And Jesus said ... "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

It really does not make a difference where they are, I wonder if his mother knows this?

Unfortunately Mass is part of the Catholic sacrament. In the Middle Ages priests would literally bar some members from taking the sacraments as a means of punishment.

Maybe someone forgot to tell the priest that we're not in the middle ages anymore.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

And Jesus said ... "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

It really does not make a difference where they are, I wonder if his mother knows this?

Unfortunately Mass is part of the Catholic sacrament. In the Middle Ages priests would literally bar some members from taking the sacraments as a means of punishment.

Maybe someone forgot to tell the priest that we're not in the middle ages anymore.

I am positive that Jesus knows the issues and He will help her if she puts her trust in Him, and not the church and their sacraments. It Is Written ... "Jesus said to him,

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Here's a link that explains a bit more.

link

Your fighting a loosing battle..............................

link

What do you mean?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

link

What do you mean?

Nobody wants to read the link, they want to point their finger at the church, nobody would want someone that big and that out of control around themselves or their children. He is a danger to himself and others, which she is apparently unconcerned about. They went to her privately, like they were supposed to (Matthew 18), evidently no one mistreated her since she wasn't "aware" there was a problem until they came to her home. They offered her ways to handle the problem all of which it says she refused. The church is behaving correctly, she is not.

link

What do you mean?

Nobody wants to read the link, they want to point their finger at the church, nobody would want someone that big and that out of control around themselves or their children. He is a danger to himself and others, which she is apparently unconcerned about. They went to her privately, like they were supposed to (Matthew 18), evidently no one mistreated her since she wasn't "aware" there was a problem until they came to her home. They offered her ways to handle the problem all of which it says she refused. The church is behaving correctly, she is not.

I agree with you completely. Just wasn't sure what you meant.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

The Mother was interviewed on Fox this morning. I heard the interview she was on the phone. Apparently she has gone there for some time and many years. There was a severly critically ill women with Cancer that sat next to her and her son because others would not. She was not afraid. There have been families that sat next to her and her family just to be close to this child. They were not afraid either.

There is a child of dear friends of mine in my home Church that is the same age (a little older) with the same problem. He is a sincere blessing. The times that he has been loud or active. The Pastor has given him the microphone and I have never heard such heavenly music or Preaching. :emot-handshake: He is a Blessing from heaven and he draws pictures that would make artists jealous. Yes, he requires special help and even a chaperone at times and yes there is even a Ministry being birthed out for children like him. yet I have never ever felt threatened enough to not allow my children around him. They have spent time in his home and when he has become agitated because my kids play with his toys. He has never been a danger although it could seem that way to some.

I posted this because I have first hand knowledge of a similar situation.

I think we are also dealing with a severe misunderstanding of the disease, the child, and his family. I also believe that there may be a little bit of playing to the congregations fears going on and that is truly sad. ( All in my Humble Opinion that is.).

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

After reading that link I have withdrawn my above post.

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

After reading the link I would have a few questions....are people just leaving their keys in their cars????? I am a mom to an Autistic/Aspergers child, and everything described is classic symptoms of just how these children are. Do we expel them all from church? If the parents had him in the back or the cry room then I feel they were doing what they should have been. Andrew is known to have outbursts in church. I took him aside and dealt with them. A few people murmured about him being loud....but I have to ask...how would Jesus have handled the situation?