BlindSeeker

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Replace your phrase "the Catholics" with "The clergy-laity" system and you would be mostly right. Were it not Catholicism than it would have been something else. All religion pretty much operates the same way.

Pope Benedict XIII in AD 1725 called Rome

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Because of the time in which we are living and because of the many different interpretations being giving of Matthew chapter 24, I have endeavored to compile some thoughts of some very learned commentators, some excerpts of history recorded by Josephus, as well as some of my own thoughts and reasoning with some scriptural cross references to clarify my present persuasion.

I share this for other believers considerations and encourage everyone to be fully persuaded within themselves as to the proper applications of Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Replace your phrase "the Catholics" with "The clergy-laity" system and you would be mostly right. Were it not Catholicism than it would have been something else. All religion pretty much operates the same way.

Pope Benedict XIII in AD 1725 called Rome

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Deut31:12,

I reposted this because you did not respond to it . . . I am curious as to what your answer is.

You are partially right in this. The beast is a government and second beast is it's spokesperson. But, the number of 666 is is not laser scanners or bar codes. That is a great myth. The beast here is not only a government, buy also a denomination that has acted like a government. There is one denomination that has been around for a long time that has controlled many people and other governments. The smaller beast with two horns is practically its leader. Rev. 13:12 says that he cause the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast. The number of the smaller beast is 666.

So you believe that the beast is catholicism? If not, then what denomination?

When all the pieces are put together it is Catholicism, but it is almost taboo to say that.

Perhaps not all the pieces were correctly assembled . . .

Where then are all the merchants being made rich by catholicism?

Re 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Only one place I know on earth that fits that description of making foreign merchants rich . . . and it is not an denomination. Remember, the beast and the harlot are separate in the beginning (chapter 13) but are together for the end (chapter 17, 18).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

We have two different conversations going on here. While I understand it's probably more fun to debate whether or not Catholics are evil, IMHO a Bible study is more productive. There are pages of complaints about the length of the OP, so I made the assumption the people who were complaining about it actually did want to learn what Blindseeker had to say. Going on that apparently false assumption, I broke the study down into fewer verses, only hitting the main points of each one. Now the thread has been derailed, and only Eric and Blindseeker, himself, have shown any interest in the discussion at all. To all of those who complained to William about his OP, let me ask you this: Do you really want a Bible study on Matthew 24 broken down in smaller bites, or do you just want to bash someone who took the time and effort to educate for the length of his post?

BTW, for those of you who are confused, I recently had a name change. I am the member formerly known as Hellbunny.

We have two different conversations going on here. While I understand it's probably more fun to debate whether or not Catholics are evil, IMHO a Bible study is more productive. There are pages of complaints about the length of the OP, so I made the assumption the people who were complaining about it actually did want to learn what Blindseeker had to say. Going on that apparently false assumption, I broke the study down into fewer verses, only hitting the main points of each one. Now the thread has been derailed, and only Eric and Blindseeker, himself, have shown any interest in the discussion at all. To all of those who complained to William about his OP, let me ask you this: Do you really want a Bible study on Matthew 24 broken down in smaller bites, or do you just want to bash someone who took the time and effort to educate for the length of his post?

BTW, for those of you who are confused, I recently had a name change. I am the member formerly known as Hellbunny.

Xan the hellbunny! Glad to have you back . . . though the PM did throw me off a little since you did not clarify you were "hellbunny."

Nevertheless, I am still eager to discuss the chapter progressively and was going to endure a little more time before suggesting another thread be started concerning "the beast." I did PM Stacy a link to an old thread of mine regarding it to answer her questions in more depth.

I would be interested in your break down if you have time to post it.

Peace.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Thanks for the warm welcome, William. I have missed you. Sorry about the confusion of the PM; my name was changed back after I sent it to you.

Even if you and I are the only ones in the discussion, we'll continue, but I was getting a little peaved at those who complain for the sake of complaining. I will wait a day or two to see if anyone else wants to join us before going on with the discussion.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Hi Blindseeker, I did get your link and read it all. Thankyou, very informative. As I stated before I'm not very versed in end time prophesy all though I do know what I was taught. I have been closely watching this thread and reading everyone's posts and learning their stance on the interpration of scriptures. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with me, it did not go unnoticed. If I have any more questions as this thread goes on I will post them. Be blessed Stacey.

• 2 weeks later...

Deut31:12,

I reposted this a third time . . . because you still have not responded to it . . . I am curious as to what your answer is.

You are partially right in this. The beast is a government and second beast is it's spokesperson. But, the number of 666 is is not laser scanners or bar codes. That is a great myth. The beast here is not only a government, buy also a denomination that has acted like a government. There is one denomination that has been around for a long time that has controlled many people and other governments. The smaller beast with two horns is practically its leader. Rev. 13:12 says that he cause the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast. The number of the smaller beast is 666.

So you believe that the beast is catholicism? If not, then what denomination?

When all the pieces are put together it is Catholicism, but it is almost taboo to say that.

Perhaps not all the pieces were correctly assembled . . .

Where then are all the merchants being made rich by catholicism?

Re 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Only one place I know on earth that fits that description of making foreign merchants rich . . . and it is not an denomination. Remember, the beast and the harlot are separate in the beginning (chapter 13) but are together for the end (chapter 17, 18).

(reposted for Deut31:12 in hopes of a response . . . )

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/18/1966

I think that like other things Jesus told the deciples, they did not fully understand, untill after the reserection of Christ. I believe alot of what he told them are for us today. Matt. 24:29-30 for example, Jesus has not call us into the air. We have not heard the trumpet yet. I must admite I tried to read the whole thing, but about half-way I started skimmy the article, however I did read all of your thoughts. So I'm not sure how to post, or even fully understand your postion, Sorry.