• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/24/1987

amen to that!

So the question is: what do we as christians need to do to become more intolerant of tolerance, and more tolerant of intolerance?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

if you think about there is a ton of intolerance in the world. When only one treatment will cure an illness, that is intolerant. The law of gravity is intolerant. Even those who pride themselves of being tolerant are often intolerant of those they believe to be intolerant

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Even as "intolerant" as some proclaim Christianity to be, Christianity still has the most tolerant, understanding and selfless followers in the world.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/25/1909

Even as "intolerant" as some proclaim Christianity to be, Christianity still has the most tolerant, understanding and selfless followers in the world.
This is well stated, Christianity, has a God who does not "tolerate" worship not directed towards Him, it is His "due", His Universe! Yet, all He does is tempered with wisdom, and love. Christ became incarnate for the salvation of the people of God. In the Holy Incarnation, we see how we are to "truly" live, as salt and light, and as the prior post states tolerant, understanding, and selfless in this world. In a sense Christianity is tolerant in that it is loving, however it is not loving to call things that are wrong right, the irony being this, dishonesty before God and man is unloving.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  660
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

Very true, despite what religions get the PR agents these days. Most of the other religious adherents I know are probably off looking for a revelation in a blunt of THC as we speak.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

As Christians we are to be intolerant of sin, yet tolerant enough to love the person who is blinded by sin.

I'd say it's balanced rather than intolerant.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Thank you all for your comments. Josh13...good point you brought out.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Excellent post. I have been saying the same thing for a long time. :thumbsup:

If I am bringing up a child, I have got to be intolerant of any behaviour that may be harmful or dangerous to that child. This does not signify a lack of love, but rather, a genuine concern for that child's welfare.

And if you are defending the truth, you've got to be intolerant of any lies that would seek to usurp that truth. It is only intolerant insofar that it is intolerant of anything that would be harmful or detrimental to the other person.

But the world prefers to call Christians 'bigoted', and to do so with a negative connotation.

Should we be tolerant of everything? Should we be tolerant of rampant drug use? Free sex? Where does tolerance end?

There has to be some level of intolerance in any civilized community.....even on a worldly level, regarding crime and punishment, etc.

But yes, Christianity is intolerant. It has to be.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. All others are imposters. And if that is the truth, which it is, then somebody has to speak up for that truth.

Jesus is the only way of salvation. We have no right or mandate to tolerate any others who claim such a position, since they are liars. :rolleyes:

...and your point...?

:noidea:

:thumbsup:

Those Who Love

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18

Show Folk The LORD

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:14-16

Those Who Love Not Shine Folk On

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

Offering To The Neighbor A Self-Righteous Highway Of Death

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Matthew 7:13-15

Claiming Good Will Yet Denying The Christ And Mocking The Ones Who Are Intolerant Of Lies And Spiritual Deceit

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

:rolleyes:

Nobody But Nobody Sits On The Fence

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. Matthew 12:30

So Choose Today

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Choose Jesus

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24

:emot-hug:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16