• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Fox News Article

Too little too late seems to be the theme. As with the illegal immigration problems or infrastructure falling into disrepair, this is something that should have been addressed years, if not decades, ago. Our government has been so preoccupied with international affairs that they have overlooked and neglected the welfare of it's own citizens. In addition, capitalism seems to be working against us. Instead of "competition" driving innovation, large corporations are banding together, not unlike OPEC, to control market volume, and as a result, pricing. Even the automotive industry seems to have fallen into the same pattern. Rather than boasting better fuel efficiency they have been dressing up, enlarging and "improving safety" on their products in order to maintain sales numbers. Both industries, and their leaders, were fully aware of this bottle neck in the global economy and they still did nothing. This is not the result of a handful of auto makers or oil companies but a collaboration between all of them, worldwide. Some, like Honda, may have been sitting on their technologies as their "ace in the hole" and may soon introduce them, but they would likely use the same approach as Microsoft. A modest improvement to your product, enough to return profits to their former levels, then they will set the bar and ride the wave until profits begin to suffer again. It's honestly a very twisted and self centered form of business, but it works. As long as the "leaders" of this world continue to receive their kickbacks, donations, campaign contributions, bonuses and favors we will remain sheep for the sheering.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Fox News Article

Too little too late seems to be the theme. As with the illegal immigration problems or infrastructure falling into disrepair, this is something that should have been addressed years, if not decades, ago. Our government has been so preoccupied with international affairs that they have overlooked and neglected the welfare of it's own citizens. In addition, capitalism seems to be working against us. Instead of "competition" driving innovation, large corporations are banding together, not unlike OPEC, to control market volume, and as a result, pricing. Even the automotive industry seems to have fallen into the same pattern. Rather than boasting better fuel efficiency they have been dressing up, enlarging and "improving safety" on their products in order to maintain sales numbers. Both industries, and their leaders, were fully aware of this bottle neck in the global economy and they still did nothing. This is not the result of a handful of auto makers or oil companies but a collaboration between all of them, worldwide. Some, like Honda, may have been sitting on their technologies as their "ace in the hole" and may soon introduce them, but they would likely use the same approach as Microsoft. A modest improvement to your product, enough to return profits to their former levels, then they will set the bar and ride the wave until profits begin to suffer again. It's honestly a very twisted and self centered form of business, but it works. As long as the "leaders" of this world continue to receive their kickbacks, donations, campaign contributions, bonuses and favors we will remain sheep for the sheering.

Unless they're all turned out into the street....the people have the power to do it. These people spending forty to sixty years in Congress needs to stop. I wonder how to go about instituting term limits on Senators and Representatives? :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

LIMITS!

You said it!

Preach on glory!

:emot-highfive:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I couldn't believe it when I heard tha China and Cuba are drilling 60 miles off the coast of Florida, and Dems are still standing in the way of us drilling. What's their excuse for letting them drill, if they are so concerned about the environment, their pet excuse???

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

:noidea: Liberal Insanity. That's the excuse. If you are looking for meaning you won't find it, because they are not rational, logical people, they are morons that happened to get in a position to put a stranglehold on the economy.

Guest Butero
I couldn't believe it when I heard tha China and Cuba are drilling 60 miles off the coast of Florida, and Dems are still standing in the way of us drilling. What's their excuse for letting them drill, if they are so concerned about the environment, their pet excuse???

The liberals want fuel prices high. As crazy as that sounds, that is the reality of the matter. If anyone doubts that, just look at what Al Gore said in his book about wanting gas prices to be over $4 per gallon. Then for political reasons, they act like they are upset when prices go up, and they blame Republicans for what they have done.

Why would liberals want fuel prices high, and why would they want to force us into changing our lifestyles? They claim for the sake of the environment, but that is not true. We can see the truth when we hear Barak Hussein Obama speak. He feels like it is somehow unfair that Americans have a standard of living better than third world nations, so like liberals do, they are trying to balance things out. To try to lift others up, they have to bring us down. Narrow the playing field if it were. It is the same thing they are trying to do in America, but on a global basis.

The one thing everyone does need to keep in mind however, is that those with a great deal of money are not feeling the effects of these policies. They have enough money to pay $10 per gallon for gasoline and not feel the crunch. It is the working class that gets harmed, so people like Obama or Gore continue to live like they want. It is really disgusting, but the average man on the street doesn't understand what is really going on. They have had their heads filled with class envy. Envy is a sin, and that sin will lead Americans down the road to their own destruction if they are not careful.

By the way, in answer to your question Kat, they are far enough off shore where we don't have any control over what they are doing. While they are doing what is necessary to meet their demand for energy, the wacko environmentalists, which includes every Senator or Congressman that opposes off shore drilling, is making sure Americans do without. Some representation we have.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

And they blame the oil companies. They have no shame. I'm surprised we don't get an earful from them.

They no longer have the environment as an excuse, with new technology.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Well, actually, it's Cuba that's letting them drill. BUT, I say if there's going to be drilling anyway, why would anyone be concerned about our own drilling? It's stupid. I hope everyone is continuing to keep the pressure on Congress. :noidea:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Well, actually, it's Cuba that's letting them drill. BUT, I say if there's going to be drilling anyway, why would anyone be concerned about our own drilling? It's stupid. I hope everyone is continuing to keep the pressure on Congress. :rolleyes:

They are cross-drilling into territory Cuba does not exercise sovereignty over. In other words, Cuba is allowing China to steal our resources right from underneath us, literally.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Cuba has no authority one way or the other over the oil in our territories. China is SLANT drilling towards the US, something which OUR country (the powers that be) should be stopping immediately. Maybe China will accidently kill a seal or some other sea-life in the process then we KNOW the drilling will stop. :rolleyes: