MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Apparently the newspapers of Europe are abuzz with this....if it's true, it's very disturbing. I find it hard to believe that 'vatican sources' would leak something that was totally untrue. :24:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...atholicism.html

I think it would be wonderful -- really great. I'm Catholic, of course. Nonetheless, I find it hard to believe, but I must admit, the source seems very credible. Wow. I never would have thunk it.

Wonderful? Great? :24:

Not all catholics worship dead people and statues. :24:

I'm sure they don't; I'm just in shock on hearing this about President Bush. :rolleyes:

Why?

If you're a Christian you already know why..... :th_praying:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

Apparently the newspapers of Europe are abuzz with this....if it's true, it's very disturbing. I find it hard to believe that 'vatican sources' would leak something that was totally untrue. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...atholicism.html

I think it would be wonderful -- really great. I'm Catholic, of course. Nonetheless, I find it hard to believe, but I must admit, the source seems very credible. Wow. I never would have thunk it.

Wonderful? Great? :laugh:

Not all catholics worship dead people and statues. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they don't; I'm just in shock on hearing this about President Bush. :24:

Why?

If you're a Christian you already know why..... :emot-hug:

I am a Christian so you statment seams full of implications. :24:

I am a Christian so you statment seams full of implications. :whistling:

No, not implications, facts. Mr. Bush has been born again; he accepts Christ as the only way to Heaven. This is a very simplified statement but, obviously, Catholicism has many facets that are not in keeping with the beliefs of most Protestants or with Scripture. If he does convert, it would be a shock to me but I believe there is substance behind the speculation. I personally can't imagine going from worshipping the one True God to worshipping statues and praying to Mary. Or to bowing before a mortal man. But, as the 1.5 billion Catholics in the world attest, there are many, many who believe this is the way to go. Here is an interesting view from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...1103327_pf.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

I am a Christian so you statment seams full of implications. :thumbsup:

No, not implications, facts. Mr. Bush has been born again; he accepts Christ as the only way to Heaven. This is a very simplified statement but, obviously, Catholicism has many facets that are not in keeping with the beliefs of most Protestants or with Scripture. If he does convert, it would be a shock to me but I believe there is substance behind the speculation. I personally can't imagine going from worshipping the one True God to worshipping statues and praying to Mary. Or to bowing before a mortal man. But, as the 1.5 billion Catholics in the world attest, there are many, many who believe this is the way to go. Here is an interesting view from the Washington Post:

I believe that Christ is the way to heaven, I don't worship statues, I ask Mary to pray for me, and I show great respect for many mortal men, but do not worship any of them. This is what I am taught in the Catholic Church. If you think it is different then you have been deceived by strong propaganda. That is simply the truth. SO your implications are that Catholics are not Christian and that is based on lies and deception, not fact. But I also know you have bought into the deception hook line and sinker and cannot and have no desire to see. But I do find it interesting how something like this exposes the hypocrisies that lurk and I know it doesn't feel so good to have light shown on the hatred that is truly there.

I am a Christian so you statment seams full of implications. :thumbsup:

I believe that Christ is the way to heaven, I don't worship statues, I ask Mary to pray for me, and I show great respect for many mortal men, but do not worship any of them. This is what I am taught in the Catholic Church. If you think it is different then you have been deceived by strong propaganda. That is simply the truth. SO your implications are that Catholics are not Christian and that is based on lies and deception, not fact. But I also know you have bought into the deception hook line and sinker and cannot and have no desire to see. But I do find it interesting how something like this exposes the hypocrisies that lurk and I know it doesn't feel so good to have light shown on the hatred that is truly there.

I'm afraid it's you who is posting untruths, Kansas Dad. Here is a quote from one of my posts a few days ago:

"Yes, they're Christians but they believe things that are just not in keeping with Scripture, such as the adoration of Mary, aliens, evolution, etc."

Please point to where I say that Catholics aren't Christian. And you also KNOW that I have bought into lies and deception??? Really? I contend that you don't know anything about me or what I believe. I've been to church with Catholic friends and know whereof I speak concerning praying and bowing to the Virgin Mary. Catholics bow before the Pope and kiss his ring as well; or was it mass delusion that caused millions to see this on t.v. recently? Are you calling me a hypocrite that hates Catholics? I most certainly do NOT hate them and as for hypocrisy....no clue what you mean. Catholicism doesn't operate in secret, after all and the Vatican has issued statements recently concerning evolution and aliens. It's all public record. Why are you making this about you anyway? I am concerned about the President converting....which is why I started this thread. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

This thread is closed.

It's taking a turn to the personal.

Peace,

Dave