IGNORED

Left Behind - will there be a "Rapture"?

ParanoidAndroid

Questions of the Rapture  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Rapture a biblical concept?

• Yes - 1 Thessalonians is clear on the issue!
    • No - the lack of historical evidence for early belief implies that this is not a biblical concept!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

1- But if they suddenly find them selves in the middle of what they have been taught would never happen to them with all of its suffering many will believe that they have been lied to, turn from Christ to the antichrtist

2- Salvation is only limited to your steadfastness in Christ. If you endure to the end you will be saved. If you turn from Christ you will not be saved.

1- And there will be time for this, within the nanosecond of the second coming? :laugh: For me at least, I think I would be too awed by Seeing Jesus, to think of much else. :emot-hug:

2- And a person with a false doctrine of eschatology cannot be steadfast? :laugh: I'm confoozed.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Lets take John Hagee for an example. He is a great man of God whom God has blessed with a great ministry and a world wide ministry at that. He has a large amount of knowledge of the word of God and is so far a good pastor.

I still don't understand.

So Hagee is teaching a false doctrine of end-times. :thumbsup: What would be the practical consequence of this?

What does the bible say about those who teach false doctrines? Find out and you will have your answer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

1- But if they suddenly find them selves in the middle of what they have been taught would never happen to them with all of its suffering many will believe that they have been lied to, turn from Christ to the antichrtist

2- Salvation is only limited to your steadfastness in Christ. If you endure to the end you will be saved. If you turn from Christ you will not be saved.

1- And there will be time for this, within the nanosecond of the second coming? :wub: For me at least, I think I would be too awed by Seeing Jesus, to think of much else. :thumbsup:

2- And a person with a false doctrine of eschatology cannot be steadfast? :laugh: I'm confoozed.

I am saying that you will not be seeing Jesus until you are already into great tribulation for about 3 1/2 years. I will also be in complete awe when Jesus returnes and so will the rest of the world. But only thoses who endure to the end will be taken when He comes. A person with a false doctrine can be steadfast if that person doesn,t know the doctrine is false. Muslims are as steadfast as is possible but believe in a false god and a false doctrine but they don,t know it.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Lets take John Hagee for an example. He is a great man of God whom God has blessed with a great ministry and a world wide ministry at that. He has a large amount of knowledge of the word of God and is so far a good pastor.

I still don't understand.

So Hagee is teaching a false doctrine of end-times. :thumbsup: What would be the practical consequence of this?

What does the bible say about those who teach false doctrines? Find out and you will have your answer.

What false doctrine is Hagee teaching?

I am saying that you will not be seeing Jesus until you are already into great tribulation for about 3 1/2 years. I will also be in complete awe when Jesus returnes and so will the rest of the world. But only thoses who endure to the end will be taken when He comes. A person with a false doctrine can be steadfast if that person doesn,t know the doctrine is false. Muslims are as steadfast as is possible but believe in a false god and a false doctrine but they don,t know it.

You make it sound like those who believe in the pre-trib Rapture are weak in their faith and would walk away from it if they are wrong. Is that your intent? Because, speaking for myself, if I am wrong and the Rapture occurs during or after the trib, I'm not going to all of a sudden chase after something pretending to be Christ. And I don't believe that most others will either. Maybe 5%. And they will be the ones who are not firmly grounded in Him. There will be no doubt when Christ returns.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

So. . . In this scenario, believers are being punished by God right along with the unbelievers? How can that be reconciled with 1 Thes. 5:9?

This makes me wonder where the word tells us that He will not protect His own through times of trouble? Can anyone share scripture either way?

Well, can we look at what Jesus says in Matthew 24:13?

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying,

The mid-tribbers, post-tribbers and no-tribbers will throw a brick at me, but Jesus is talking about the tribulation saints, those who accept Jesus during the tribulation.

Interesting concept. Can you give scripture to back this up? It is hard to get this idea from what scripture I posted.

The mid-tribbers, post-tribbers and no-tribbers will throw a brick at me, but Jesus is talking about the tribulation saints, those who accept Jesus during the tribulation.

Interesting concept. Can you give scripture to back this up? It is hard to get this idea from what scripture I posted.

Who is Jesus talking to?

"Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying"

Yep. He's talking to the disciples, and in a larger sense, the nation of Israel. Not the church, because there is no church yet. And during this time that Christ is referring to, the church is already gone, at least that is what I believe.

Using this logic, then most of what Jesus taught was meant only for the Israelites.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Everything Jesus spoke was meant for all, and especially those who would believe.